Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

So, to get this thread back on TRACK, I'll give my opinion on the new Sith Infiltrator Set:

I think this is the best version of the ship we've seen so far. It's decently faithful to the movie and also fits a good number of play features onto it. It also fixes all of the problems that the 2011 edition had, i.e. lack of an underside, horrid landing gear, the even more horrid storage compartment. My only complaint is that the back of the cockpit area looks a little unfinished, but the rest of the vehicle makes up for it. The minifigures are a great compliment to the set, but the inclusion of Watto is unnecessary (maybe Ric Olie would have been a better fit). Overall, a great edition to the LEGO line, and on a side note, do we know the price and piece count as of yet?

It looks like Qui-gon and Maul have different colored light saber handles. Maybe they are giving us a chrome one with Darth Maul.

I'm sorry, the idea that The Empire is involved in a Star Wars movie can't possibly be considered a spoiler.

And if you think THAT is a spoiler, you better seal the entrance to your cave real tight, because officially released information about the movie is only going to get deeper and deeper as we move forward, and with SDCC in July and D23 in August, you know that a veritable deluge of official info is coming.

As for 2015 sets, the Stormtrooper constraction figure (which looks pretty awesome compared to some of the others) that was revealed this week is all the confirmation that whatever the name of the bad guys organization is, it's either the Empire or an immediate successor to it.

I agree, the Infiltrator looks nice and provides and opportunity to get two of the only decent characters from the PT in one set for those not out of the Dark Ages for long. (Maul and Qui-Gon)

Edited by rollermonkey

Thank you all very much for the pics, links and information! :classic:

The Imperial Shuttle is much better than I awaited!

Con:

- gangway is too far in the back

- no imperial minifigures

- landing gear is to low

Pro:

- nice accessory

- nice interior in the back

- excellent build

- great interior in the cockpit

- landing gear to swing out

- finally a gangway!!!

Imo the new IS is a huge improvement over the last System scale version(s)! :wub:

Btw: Do you think that the exclusive Hoth Base will include an AT-ST, too?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

LEGO released this video today, which gives us a better look at the new Sith Infy!

Thanks for the Sith Infiltrator video, just2good! The ship has great play functions!

After getting a nice look at Maul's head print (as he exits the ship in the video) it looks like the tattoos down the bridge of his nose are wrong. Also, it seems like there is too much black at the base of his nose.

I think the set would have been better for me if they reused the polybag Maul head, and included Padme (Battle of Naboo outfit) rather than R2-D2. That way, instead of designing a new Maul head, that portion of the Star Wars team's budget could be used for the new Padme torso. Watto is not in this scene, so including Padme would have been okay as well (especially since the whole point of Maul being on Tatooine was to capture Padme). Also, it would have given everyone the perfect Padme to go with the Flash Speeder, and, maybe, because of that help to sell a few more Sith Infiltrators and Flash Speeders.

Edited by phanstasm

I'm sorry, the idea that The Empire is involved in a Star Wars movie can't possibly be considered a spoiler.

The Empire being involved in a Star Wars film isn't the issue, as you are twisting to fit your own context.

I want to know as little as possible about the new film. Minus what Lego sets are coming out.

I am very capable of perusing through words and instantly forgetting/not connecting things naturally because I put minimal effort into seeing things I don't want to. Hence I had not actually connected the fact that the new troopers were First Order, and had not even spent a second thinking that therefore, First Order were the new Imperials.

But then it was blatantly spelt out and I can't block something blatantly spelt out.

You think that sounds stupid?

I've been known to do more stupid things, so it's not impossible.

I really don't care what you say, because none of it regardless should be in this thread, your argument for it is completely invalid as you are trying to justify breaking the rules.

I've said before, I'm not making rules up. They're there. And moderation of this thread has become so lacking that people are abusing it with putting in whatever comments they want no matter how disfigured they are from the INTENTION of this thread.

I am still happily living in my cave, but because people break the rules it is hard to stick to knowing minimal. This thread is supposed to be safe of things outside rumours/pictures of 2015 sets.. Why are people ruining it by breaking the rules? And why do people like you try to justify it when the rules have been spelt out and when there are other threads in this forum where people are allowed to talk about this stuff but insist on doing it here?

I said probably, not definitely.

And when First Order is the heir of the Empire it's unlikely that there will be non human soldiers.

Was the Emperor's and Empire's distaste for non-humans something which was disclosed in the main movies or in the EU?

*cough* spoiler *cough*

Why does that need a spoiler?? It is not disclosing anything about the plot.

Was the Emperor's and Empire's distaste for non-humans something which was disclosed in the main movies or in the EU?

Why are you asking stuff about stuff that is not related to what this thread is intended for, ie, rumours and pictures of 2015 sets?

He is kind of annoying, he will complian if you said something about ep7.

He is kind of annoying, he will complian if you said something about ep7.

While you think I am annoying, I really don't care if I am annoying. You guys are annoying talking about stuff that doesn't belong in this thread.

You guys are annoying not respecting the fact there are people that wish to know minimal about the new film coming out no matter how small or obvious a detail may be.

You guys are annoying trying to justify breaking the rules all the time.

You guys are annoying with your arrogance thinking people should avoid this thread because 'at some point spoilers will become inevitable'.

No one should have to avoid this thread because only rumours and pictures of 2015 sets should be in this thread of which, annoyingly, you people have no respect for adhering to.

Am I annoying you more now?

Good.

Why are you asking stuff about stuff that is not related to what this thread is intended for, ie, rumours and pictures of 2015 sets?

Fuppylodders, with all due respect you are like a "spoiler" hound and quite frankly you are getting rather annoying. You are quick to mention that this forum has Rules. However you forget that one of the rules is that if you see a post that is wrong then you report it to the mods rather than try to moderate yourself. Your posts about spoilers or like the one above cause more arguments than anything else.

Your reasoning that "I dont want to hear anything about Ep7 unless it comes from official sources" is rather hypocritical in my opinion but it is your right so fair enough. However as other people have said in this day and age nothing is airtight (indeed the whole purpose of a thread like this is to get information before things are released) so you truly need to seal yourself in a cave.

As for your question above my initial reaction was "Hey, who are you to decide if it is related or not?". However in the interest of keeping it civilised I will explain to you the reason for my question. I was trying to establish if the Empire's distaste for non-humans was revealed in the official films or in the EU books. Because if it was the films then there could be a chance that Storm troopers in the new film could be a mix of human and non human (or at least humanoids). And since we are getting sets this year from Ep7 then there could also be a chance that we get non human troopers. So as far as I am concerned my question is definitely related and relevant.

Btw: Do you think that the exclusive Hoth Base will include an AT-ST, too?

Klaus-Dieter

I predicted this awhile back. I only thought it would be reasonable because the last version we had was in 2009 and every set in the Star Wars universe was redone over 2-3 times from then till now but not the AT-ST!

While you think I am annoying, I really don't care if I am annoying. You guys are annoying talking about stuff that doesn't belong in this thread.

You guys are annoying not respecting the fact there are people that wish to know minimal about the new film coming out no matter how small or obvious a detail may be.

You guys are annoying trying to justify breaking the rules all the time.

You guys are annoying with your arrogance thinking people should avoid this thread because 'at some point spoilers will become inevitable'.

No one should have to avoid this thread because only rumours and pictures of 2015 sets should be in this thread of which, annoyingly, you people have no respect for adhering to.

Am I annoying you more now?

Good.

As I said your answers throw more fuel to the fire and cause more arguments.

You need to stick to the rules yourself and practice what you preach. Stop mini-modding and report stuff to mods instead. I remember a while back when KimT was a moderator and ruled with the iron fist both offenders and minimods were punnished.

I would welcome KimT back, as that would stop people justifying breaking the rules time after time, and i wouldnt get annoyed and point out people breaking the rules because no one else is. Yes, by the way, i have reported, but not everyone sees that, and so for everyone else, will keep on breaking the rules.

Not to mention you call me a hypocrite, yet you are even more so by sparking the fire in the first place then point out im adding to it?!?

Its quite simple.

Stop posting spoiler stuff, stop trying to justify breaking the rules and then pointing out how I am and detracting from the fact you guys are simply because you broke them in the first place.

Edited by Fuppylodders

ANYWAY...

Imo the new IS is a huge improvement over the last System scale version(s)! :wub:

Oh heck yeah, I've been waiting a long time for a new shuttle, and the wait was certainly worth it. This re-design gets my hopes up for a new system scale TIE Bomber (hint hint LEGO)

just2good: Thanks for that video link. At least the new Infiltrator has some neat features. I'm still undecided on this one, I'll have to wait for a review.

Couldn't agree more, look how puny the 2005 version looks in comparison to the new one:

18716067316_1d0b30c022_z.jpg

HA! Great photo - now THAT'S a re-design!

They nailed this one pretty well - thanks LEGO. Side-by-side photos like this floor me - the evolution of these sets is amazing, and it reminds me how long we've all been at this (as we close in on 2 decades).

I have to agree with fuppylodders, people are deviating way too much from the subject of the forum.

Looks like crap. I'm hoping/assuming it'll come with a cape, but man that colour isn't a good choice.

Well...really, were you expecting the figure to be made completely in chrome?

In all honesty, I think it is as good as we should expect. Some very valid points were made on the viability of using chromed figs as normal playset figs, and the 'peelability/easy wear' would be the cause for quality issues for something that is primarily intended for heavy play/use.

I really like it but do hope he comes with a black cloak to match what he is wearing.