just2good

2015 Mixels Discussion

According to Neoape, the two new tribes are called Orbitonz and Glowkies. No idea where they got that, though; Neoape's not a big fan of crediting sources.

I think we can pin down Nurp-Naut to a new space theme with the antenna glass dome head and Naut as in astroNAUT in his name. I don't think Globert is from Wiztastics, he doesn't have anything magical about him. But he is a bat and bats are nocturnal, sooo maybe he is part of a new night themed tribe?

Edit: posted not reading any further into the thread. *insert Homer Simpson going 'doh!* anyway Neoape might be right Orbitonz sounds pretty spacey if you ask me, and Glowkies might be a mixture of glow like glow in the dark for nighttime and darkness, and Loki, you all know who he is, so maybe the Glowkies are trouble making tricksters?

Edited by Legodude31

According to Neoape, the two new tribes are called Orbitonz and Glowkies. No idea where they got that, though; Neoape's not a big fan of crediting sources.

glowkies, which means, we're gonna get a good various gitd parts?

Globert's eye does seem to be a GitD 4x4 radar dish, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the 1x1 round tiles from the Fairground Mixer show up in the tribe as well.

If they give us a lightning bug Mixel with GitD butt I'll be happy.

And a UFO-shaped guy with the space-themed Mixels would be great too.

I am glad about the names. Glowkies should be great, but since they've done a spider in the Wiztastics, what nocturnal-themed monsters could be next? And this tribe will have two useful rare colors: Dark Blue and White Glow! Orbitonz sounds interesting. I'm sure an alien-based one will be a member, and perhaps a satellite-inspired Mixel?

But why more Infernites?

Edited by 8BrickMario

I am glad about the names. Glowkies should be great, but since they've done a spider in the Wiztastics, what nocturnal-themed monsters could be next? And this tribe will have two useful rare colors: Dark Blue and White Glow! Orbitonz sounds interesting. I'm sure an alien-based one will be a member, and perhaps a satellite-inspired Mixel?

But why more Infernites?

Probably because they're the most popular most likely, as Flain was kind of billed as the main character. And red is a popular, easy, and vibrant color that Lego sure wants to cash in on.

Looks like the price for these go up next year. This is in NZD, which (according to Google) means $6.99

7.99 - Mixels Series 4 ASTD

From David Thomsen

-Sci

The price was clearly stated as $4.99 USD at Comic-Con. New Zealand's prices aren't always exactly in line with exchange rates.

This deserves mention. Who knew Nurp-naut had three eyes? I only found this photo today.

Dn8mTXF.jpg

Edited by 8BrickMario

Between the two eye options and the rotating head, I'm guessing his gimmick will be that he switches eyes by flipping his head around, but since his mouth isn't on his head, that doesn't change.

This deserves mention. Who knew Nurp-naut had three eyes? I only found this photo today.

Between the two eye options and the rotating head, I'm guessing his gimmick will be that he switches eyes by flipping his head around, but since his mouth isn't on his head, that doesn't change.

hmm, would this means that he would have 2 personalities in the show? he will rotate his head every time he's changing personality.

The first Mixel version of Blitzwing/ a Quintesson then? :grin:

Although it would have been cooler if you could open the visor and flip around the plate inside of his face to reveal the other face.

Although it would have been cooler if you could open the visor and flip around the plate inside of his face to reveal the other face.

For all we know that's how his cartoon form might act. Having his head spin in his helmet

But maybe, there are two heads inside. So the face with two eyes is actually different head, so there are two creatures in one body.

Does anyone think they'll reveal the rest of the Series 4 Mixels at NYCC?

No telling. Not a whole lot of info has been revealed about what the LEGO Group will be showing at their booth this year.

They all look pretty cool. I think I have my picks for the 2 new tribes

Globert and Nitspuk- Both designs stand out the most to me.

I'll pass on more Infernites since I only want one of each member per Tribe. I don't see why we needed 3 more Infernites when there are plenty of other color combos and tribe ideas.

I wonder which sets will have Nixels

They're not Infernites. Their packs are lighter, and they use trans-yellow, which points toward them being a whole new (though unoriginal) lava tribe.

I wish the Glowkies came out before Halloween!