Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

those two are brick built big figs.

Plus who said GG and Darkseid are going to be big figs,both of them can be done with normal figs. But I would choose Darkseid over Grodd.

and why not Croc. I see to remember people clamoring for an AA like big fig in the past

Darkseid will more than likely be a big fig, Gorilla Grodd could be brick built but idk...This Black Manta set seems like it could be a $13 to me. I'm also not a fan of the Killer Croc bigfig in the game to be honest and it doesn't really look real to me.

You are right that there's no chance they'd base the sets off these animated movies (Which are always direct to video, and not shown on TV); they just are not popular enough; at least not in comparison to TV shows or Lego's game itself as inspiration. Although I have to say sets based on Assault on Arkham are even more unlikely--I've not yet seen it, but apparently it's easily one of the most violent DC animated movies (Lately all the DC animated movies seem to be way more violent than they used to be; or frainkly need to be; by the way).

I meant that anything Arkham based would sell better than something Aquaman based. But ultimately at the end of the day Lego wouldn't use any of the DTV movies (I still call them TV movies out of habit). There's really no reason to when the comics all have the same stories and character designs.

I agree about the violence though, I remember the DCAU fondly and wish they'd just continue that instead of what they've been doing lately. Though I doubt Lego would have much of a problem with the violence as they seem to sweep that under the rug for all the live action movies they make sets for.

Edited by strangely

Every fig doesn't have to be a Big-Fig... Gorilla Grodd is perfectly fine in minifigure scale. Darkseid is perfectly fine minifig scaled. I just really care about the set's contents and what the builds look like. :moar:

I can't picture Grodd or Darkseid without being a big fig

Grodd was a DLC Character in LB2 as a normal fig. He looked fine. Darkseid could be a fig, but I think he's better as a big fig.

Grodd was a DLC Character in LB2 as a normal fig. He looked fine. Darkseid could be a fig, but I think he's better as a big fig.

Darkseid was also minifig scaled in the LB2 files when you can access the character on PC. He looked great, I'm just coming out here and saying that I am not the biggest fan of big-figures and I think Darkseid would be treated better minifig scaled. It just seems like a more logical approach. Big-Figs just up the prices for sets which I don't believe is fun. I am in no way wanting to start a fight here, I just wanted to get my opinion out there. Big-Figs are great but we don't really need them. :sceptic:

Darkseid was also minifig scaled in the LB2 files when you can access the character on PC. He looked great, I'm just coming out here and saying that I am not the biggest fan of big-figures and I think Darkseid would be treated better minifig scaled. It just seems like a more logical approach. Big-Figs just up the prices for sets which I don't believe is fun. I am in no way wanting to start a fight here, I just wanted to get my opinion out there. Big-Figs are great but we don't really need them. :sceptic:

Oh I know. I have a purist Darkseid that looks great minifig scaled. I know in JLU (if memory serves correctly) that he's just a bit taller than Supes and Bats, but in the New 52 Justice League Arc, he seems much larger than the two. Either way seems great, but I'm guessing TLG will use a big fig.

I understand that Darkseid is large and imposing however he's actually not THAT much bigger than the likes of Superman. Often he's barely taller (it depends on the artist). Maybe only a foot taller.

I think he'd make a great minifigure OR bigfig (assuming he's not GROOT big which would really freakin' suck, more like the Hulk).

Edited by BrickG

The reason they weren't big figs in Lego Batman 2 was because no game before LEGO Marvel had playable big figs. The mechanic for those types of characters didn't exist, plus TT games really only had only seen one Superheroes BigFig (Hulk). It's clear now that LEGO will create more Big figs like Goblin King, Green Goblin, Cave Troll ect, where as when Batman 2 came out it wasn't clear if these things were a one off.

Personally characters like Darksied need to be big figs, the look much better than squishing them down to Minifigure size.

Darkseid didn't even look like Darkseid, and I feel like he would lack presence as a minifigure. He's pretty wide and tall, but the bigfig's front-leaning style doesn't fit him too well.

I'd rather have a small Darkseid who you can move his legs and pose him rather than a useless hulk no moving legs one that would tower over superman making any confrontations you could set up with him limited. That's the problem with the Green Goblin Marvel figure. You can't really have spider man go up against him as his fist is as big as a minifigure torso. I'd rather either they make an inbetween mold like hagrid got but looking like darkseid as he is a bit taller than supes but only by an inch or two. A minifigure with new moulded armour and helmet like they did with zod would work well as he would be as tall if not a bit taller than superman but not so large that he looked ridiculously oversized next to the other villains.

638320-uxas_now_darkseid.gif250px-Darkseidgeogreperez.jpg

Neither of these look like a minifigure would do it justice. The cape might be a problem if it is a bigfig, but it doesn't need one. The helmet suggests a bigfig/midfig mould, since I can't see them making a minifigure piece for it. A TMNT-style midifg could work, but I wouldn't want one. The game version or the set images, which one will we see first?

Edited by 8BrickMario

Personally I'd rather have a darkseid like this http://cdn.static.ovimg.com/episode/452061.jpg than one like this: http://www.dvdtalk.c...392327413_8.jpg This design would be ideal: http://4.bp.blogspot...id-and-cape.jpg visually it looks the best and height wise it looks good. Hulk size is just too large and has terrible pose ability can't even move legs or turn head.

Edited by legofreak86

Really?? That's odd when I click on it it takes me to a picture of darkseid and superman from the animated series... I'll check the link. Fixed now thanks guys :)

Edited by legofreak86

Neither of these look like a minifigure would do it justice. The cape might be a problem if it is a bigfig, but it doesn't need one. The helmet suggests a bigfig/midfig mould, since I can't see them making a minifigure piece for it. A TMNT-style midifg could work, but I wouldn't want one. The game version or the set images, which one will we see first?

They would probably go with the DCnU design over those, even if DC wouldn't make them it has a bit more color, but I guess that doesn't have much to do with the size of the fig. I think that a TMNT-ish midfig would be best, but I really dislike those disproportionate legs they have. They just look silly to me. :sceptic:

Personally I'd rather have a darkseid like this http://images4.fanpo...722014_full.jpg rather than one like this: http://www.dvdtalk.c...392327413_8.jpg

To each their own. :poke:

Edit: Looking at the New 52 action figures, I don't think that DC will want just a regular minifigure for Darkseid. I don't think he is quite that large in the comics, so he might not be that big compared to the others, but still...

Edited by Super Fish Oil

Looking at this design, it looks like they would make a bigfig.

And the Goblin King and Cave Troll were fairly upright, so he might have a better posture than the Hulk. I'd infinitely prefer a bigfig or midfig, or even a minifigure, to a brick-built figure like Groot and the Sentinel. I really hope they don't go that route... And yes, I would sacrifice poseability for appearance.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Still no moving legs or head and limited poseablity is quite a sacrifice in favour of size I think.

Nuffsaid1996: Can you provide an image of what he looked like on LB2? So we can get an idea of how a minfigure version would look.

Edited by legofreak86

Hmmm to each his own but that design isn't the best darkseid I've ever seen. Personally I thought he was a bit weakly played in Justice League War. I think Michael Ironside's calculating and vocally imposing version looks and sounds far better. Andre Braugher's take was awesome too and he looked the best.