Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

That can't be right. If nothing else, we know it's just not true - there's the Wonder Woman Fun Pack for LEGO Dimensions, which I realize may not be what most here mean when they say "set" but it still is one, and it clearly stars Wonder Woman...

We know they won't be Friends sets; Friends is a totally different theme.

I'm guessing you mean minidoll sets, i.e., sets that use the same figure type (minidoll) as Friends. That seems likely to me, but I'm pretty confident there won't be sets that have Olivia and Batwoman hanging out at the beach together.

I wouldn't really call that a set, though I don't know what to classify it as.

Yeah, I meant minidoll sets. Unfortunatly, I don't think we can rule out the possibility of a set with Batgirl (or anyone else) hanging out at the beach just yet.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

It was originally only available at Asda, but has since shown up all over the place, pretty certain my local tesco still had some in yesterday.

Yeah, I meant minidoll sets. Unfortunatly, I don't think we can rule out the possibility of a set with Batgirl (or anyone else) hanging out at the beach just yet.

I hunk they will indeed be minidoll sets, but I also think they'll still be action-adventure-oriented. The only way LEGO will make it more about shopping and recreation and whatnot is if that's the direction DC will take the whole sub-franchise in. LEGO's portrayal of the characters will match those of the other licensees and of DC itself.

I hunk they will indeed be minidoll sets, but I also think they'll still be action-adventure-oriented. The only way LEGO will make it more about shopping and recreation and whatnot is if that's the direction DC will take the whole sub-franchise in. LEGO's portrayal of the characters will match those of the other licensees and of DC itself.

After the way the Bizzaro League movie, which DC had to have some control over, treated Wonder Woman, I don't have to much confidence in how DC is going to handle this. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a Mall of Justice before the actual Hall itself, but maybe I'm just being too pessimistic.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

What exactly did the Bizarro movie do to Wonder Woman? :look:

It'll probably be more like Elves than Princesses or Friends, where the characters are going on adventures rather than getting manicures. I imagine that with the presence of villains like Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, it will be even more of an "action" theme than Elves (whose only physical villain so far is an annoyed squirrel :P ).

Edit: Harley does have sort of a mean schoolgirl look to her though, so maybe not. I'd still bet on something more like Elves, but that might just be my bias.

Edited by Super Fish Oil

I saw the League vs Bizarro bluray with minifig in Tesco for £8 the other day.

They do seem to take their time to filter through to UK stores

How many studs long is the ride Harley Quinn is on?

And more importantly, will it fit onto a 48x48 grey baseplate from Lego.

Thinking about making a carnival MOC of the set.

Harley's "Wheels of Fire" ride is approximately 60 studs long. The base plates are both 10 studs, and the beam is 40.

Harley's "Wheels of Fire" ride is approximately 60 studs long. The base plates are both 10 studs, and the beam is 40.

Thank you so much.

Hmmm, excellent… 40 studs without the plates would be great for the MOC. Fire in the middle and "abandoned" the carnival in the back.

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl just thinking about it!!! :excited::drool:

For anyone looking to have Arrow's Feliciity character,I recommend you check out the Big Bang Theory set. The Bernadette character should work

Thank you so much.

Hmmm, excellent… 40 studs without the plates would be great for the MOC. Fire in the middle and "abandoned" the carnival in the back.

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl just thinking about it!!! :excited::drool:

Dont forget the non stud sized connectors, you may have to add 3 studs to compensate for them.

And the fact that it is at an angle and not straight, that will throw the mat also.

Throw the math.

Dont forget the non stud sized connectors, you may have to add 3 studs to compensate for them.

And the fact that it is at an angle and not straight, that will throw the mat also.

Throw the math.

Well, it would have to be on an angle to fit on the plate, but it could always be attached with jumpers to angle it.

Well, it would have to be on an angle to fit on the plate, but it could always be attached with jumpers to angle it.

I think he was talking about the track Harley's Harley rides on being sloped downwards.

So WB did a presentation at Licensing Expo, and they confirmed Batman v Superman sets (duh) and had this to say about the DC Super Hero Girls initiative:

"The LEGO Group will also be key to building the DC Super Hero Girls franchise, leveraging their experience and success engaging girls in creative construction play to bolster this universe through an array of LEGO building sets designed to inspire girls' imaginations."

Which sounds an awful lot like "Friends worked, let's do that with our thing." They also specifically referred to Batman Unlimited and the Super Friends shorts from Fisher Price as for "boys and preschoolers" which certainly seems to say that they're making a seperate-but-equal policy with this stuff, which is in my opinion the absolute stupidest thing ever when they could just as easily stop trying to scare girls away from this stuff and throw in a few more female characters. If Batman can team up with Flash and Red Robin in Batman Unlimited, why not Batgirl too?

So WB did a presentation at Licensing Expo, and they confirmed Batman v Superman sets (duh) and had this to say about the DC Super Hero Girls initiative:

"The LEGO Group will also be key to building the DC Super Hero Girls franchise, leveraging their experience and success engaging girls in creative construction play to bolster this universe through an array of LEGO building sets designed to inspire girls' imaginations."

Which sounds an awful lot like "Friends worked, let's do that with our thing." They also specifically referred to Batman Unlimited and the Super Friends shorts from Fisher Price as for "boys and preschoolers" which certainly seems to say that they're making a seperate-but-equal policy with this stuff, which is in my opinion the absolute stupidest thing ever when they could just as easily stop trying to scare girls away from this stuff and throw in a few more female characters. If Batman can team up with Flash and Red Robin in Batman Unlimited, why not Batgirl too?

Lego is low-key sexist, doesn't understand girls can buy their products too, and that boys will buy a WW or whoever centric set even if it features a girl.

Lego is low-key sexist, doesn't understand girls can buy their products too, and that boys will buy a WW or whoever centric set even if it features a girl.

Truth. It's like that one comic that was going around after the Friends announcement. That's really all they need to do. It's like somehow a character with a different set of naughty bits is completely unrelatable to people according to toy companies.

Don't really come to LEGO forums for gender specific toy disscusions, so how bout more pictures and reviews of the sets from our European friends.

Well, it's an adult forum, so occasionally we'll actually engage with our hobby on an adult level, which can mean discussing relevant social issues as they pertain to LEGO. For those who'd rather pretend that these issues don't exist, there's always the LEGO Message Boards for a more fitting maturity level.

I'm just saying, if there are constant complaints and moderators having to come in to get things back in check when people go on about wish-lists and movie trailers then, political issues are way out of left field. I've had this toy gender debate before and it is an interesting discussion, but it's not a discussion regarding LEGO DC Superheroes sets.

Edited by Neomars

Don't really come to LEGO forums for gender specific toy disscusions, so how bout more pictures and reviews of the sets from our European friends.

This relates to the topic and sets we'll be seeing....skip over the comments if you don't like them

I don't come on this forum to be told what we can cant talk about but that's what often happens :angry:

Well, it's an adult forum, so occasionally we'll actually engage with our hobby on an adult level, which can mean discussing relevant social issues as they pertain to LEGO. For those who'd rather pretend that these issues don't exist, there's always the LEGO Message Boards for a more fitting maturity level.

I mean this ^, well said.

Truth. It's like that one comic that was going around after the Friends announcement. That's really all they need to do. It's like somehow a character with a different set of naughty bits is completely unrelatable to people according to toy companies.

Great comic but the sad thing is Lego friends sold, I don't mind too much having a dc line I wont get but it will mean a lot less females in the normal line which I hate.

We're just concerned that LEGO isn't very gender-inclusive anymore. Granted, Friends sets are actually LEGO, unlike Bellville, but they're still glaringly separate. Since the DC theme is a typical action-based theme with minifigures, a calmer minidoll spinofff will attract more controversy than a completely separate theme. And if it uses minidolls, it'll be a huge blow to my minifig collection if it means we won't get regular minifigs of Katana, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, and the like. But we should calm down and wait for more info before we go crazy.

Honestly, I don't know where everyone suddenly got the idea that these are going to be minidoll sets. Call me old-fashioned, but I think it makes sense to wait until we've seen some pictures before running shirtless into the street wailing about the end of days. In my experience, rampant speculation like this based on next to no info is more often than not a fool's errand, so let's all take a deep breath and calm down until we've got something concrete.