parrafilmsguy

City Layout - Inspired by Los Angeles, California

Did that cat scale a palm tree?

That is epic.

I also got a good laugh out of that Posh store, I actually really like that modular as a 2 story.

Edited by Moebius118

I like it, very cool city :)

P.S. Something happened with images - I see text "Posted image" instead of images itself.

This looks absolutely fantastic!! I love it! Where did the upper torsos for the Police come from? Are they your own design or an aftermarket accessory?

I like it, very cool city :)

P.S. Something happened with images - I see text "Posted image" instead of images itself.

I'm not quite sure what happened. I can still see the images on my computer though.

This looks absolutely fantastic!! I love it! Where did the upper torsos for the Police come from? Are they your own design or an aftermarket accessory?

They're the same design as the policeman minifigure from Series 9. All I did was add the LAPD badge.

I like your city scene, it is very much indicative of L.A. Thankfully the natural lighting also made your photos pop! :classic: how did you get the tiles to curve with the skyscraper blue glass section?

The curved glass part is held by studs in the middle sections and then by the 1x1 Round tiles and sections of blue that go further down into the tower, if that makes any sense. :tongue:

Very beautiful and well done!

I like the skyscrapers and the Chinese Theatre. And the beach is cool too!

Hola!

You've packed so many details into your stunning city. The mix of open-back and modular sets looks bang on. So much inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

EvMan

Very nice! I especially like the idea of having skyscrapers in a much smaller scale in the background. :thumbup:

That is really sweet! So colourful! I could look at those pics for hours!

Hello everyone! I've finally gotten around to building a replica of Los Angeles City Hall! I will be adding this to the layout along with the Detective's Office and a few other things, so stay tuned! I also have lots of pictures on my Flickr of my layout so check those out! :D

17868107100_fb5759f1c5_z.jpgLos Angeles City Hall by Jorge Parra Jr., on Flickr

17433200164_0b1b71547f_z.jpgLos Angeles City Hall by Jorge Parra Jr., on Flickr

18052476392_27a3b63507_z.jpg

Very nice work indeed! As a former resident of Los Angeles, I can say that you hit all the high-points (right down to the felony take-down by the police. Your rendition of city hall is spot on. It sort of makes you wonder if the city planners had LEGO in mind when they built it way back when. :classic: All of your sky-scrapers are very convincing and quite recognizable, as are the "flavor" bits. I'll give a rating of "Very Tasty!" :sweet:

Edited by Rotundus

Congratulations! You did a wonderful job. I watched your previous video a few weeks ago, and i found your city awesome because it is very detailed, colorful, and quite realistic (your LA Airport is well done) ;) Buildings are sometimes tall, sometimes short, but it is very well balanced.

There are a lot of mini scenes i love like the fireman trying to rescue the little cat on the tree, the baby-sitter and the mother with the babies, the mexican singers, the police catching the robber, the fanfare, and i especially love the cute beach area.

I hope my city will look like yours, but i need the Palace Cinema and the Brick Bank to complete my modulars collection. Building a city implies some money and lot of patience ^^

On 9/20/2016 at 3:45 PM, BrickHat said:

That's quite an impressive layout! I really liked the skyscrapers.

By the way, the violin that one of the mariachis has, where did you get it? Is it a custom from some online store?

looks like the brickforge version.  really wish Lego would give us an official one

Yeah the violin is made by Brickforge and I believe they're still available on ebay. I'm sure we'll get an official one with the collectible minifigs one of these days...

Great Layout!!! Great Video!!! ( I also like the sounds that you have added in the video )

Love this!!!

Greetings

Excellent layout! Your skyscrapers have a nice scale, it all looks pretty convincing! A lot of action is packed in your city, without being insanely big. All the little scènes make it come to life! I think it would be cool to add some more moving elements in to it and I'd love to see it Light up in the dark.:pir-wub: