Sign in to follow this  
Legogal

50 US States Captured in LEGO....a fantastic series by a Canadian AFOL

A friend just posted this on Facebook, and I about fell out of the chair looking at the vignette for each State. Extremely well done and coming from a Canookian, as my husband refers to his fellow countrymen. Enjoy:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1F0tq0/?utm_campaign=states_legos&utm_source=facebook_sup&utm_medium=id_loc&utm_content=Distractify%3A+This+is+What+All

Those are nice! Lots of cute little creations in there. Especially loved the cheese growing on trees in Wisconsin. :laugh:

If you've not looked at this yet, do it! It's absolutely funny and well designed!

Those were very amusing! Minnesota was my favorite one. Can anyone explain the Ohio one to me? I'm from Ohio and I don't get it.

Being a Husker, I find Chimney Rock comical. I also really like that covered wagon design. I may have to borrow that.

I must not be too bright, but I didn't know what a lot of them were portraying. Maybe I don't know enough about each state individually.

Those were very amusing! Minnesota was my favorite one. Can anyone explain the Ohio one to me? I'm from Ohio and I don't get it.

Sure, ohio is called a swing state because it is one of the main states that decides who will become president. So you have the two parties, red for republicans and blue for democrats, on swings :wink:

Hahaha! I love the comments, too. You can tell that the builder put a lot of time and thought into the fifty builds.

I like all of them and understood all but Ohio. But now I get it! The Swing State! That is just brilliant. Yup, I guess that there are always a few things I can learn about the fifty states gene though i have traveled in all of them.

Can we make him an honorary US citizen? I think he should do a little book full of such witty vignettes.

I came across these a few months ago, it's brilliant. There were a few that made me think and after it hit me - like South Dakota. I never knew where Mount Rushmore is.

And why does South Carolina has a moving house?

EDIT: After reading the comments like the one with Chimney Rock, I have to realize that some jokes are unnoticed by me.

Edited by Yooha

Wow, very impressive and fun build. While I didn't quite get all of the inside jokes, I got enough to appreciate the thoughts going into these builds. Amazing.

As a non American, I've read through most of the comments below the pictures, and you have to laugh at how seriously some of the commenters are taking this, lol, it's just a harmless bit of fun,

The models are quite cool and must have taken ages to build and setup/picture

Sure, ohio is called a swing state because it is one of the main states that decides who will become president. So you have the two parties, red for republicans and blue for democrats, on swings :wink:

Ah! That is very clever! Thank you for explaining that one. I think we are also, or at least were called "the cradle of presidents" at one point.