Sigolf Brimabane

[MOC] Hræfnesburh (Ravensburg)

(First off: I apologize for the bad photos. I'm not a good photographer and I use a mobile phone camera. Built my me and my brother Erikur.)

This is the castle Hræfnesburh of the "Feohlecgscipe þæs Sweartan Hræfnes" (Fellowship of the Black Raven). They are an outlawed Templar order of fighting monks.

20140322_153711_zps57acbb94.jpg

20140322_153728_zps8b85c8bf.jpg

20140322_153828_zpsa71c3832.jpg

20140322_154019_zps43a1efa9.jpg

20140322_154222_zps894835c7.jpg

The monk Wuduwin and the witch Ælfreda:

20140322_154358_zpsc398aa11.jpg

Here we see the leaders of the Fellowship, Garulf and Wulfgar:

20140322_155135_zps49bd0f70.jpg

The troops:

20140322_160803_zps51d68fa0.jpg

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Wow, I really like it.

The only thing I don't like is the path with the 1x1 round plates. It would look better with plates.

Wow! What an amazing castle! The amount of detail is just astounding, and yet not too much detail to distract me from the scale of the whole thing. Keep up the great work!

Excellent. I'd love to be able to do rock faces like that; I always get stuck half way through and half to break for ages before coming back to it. Always takes me weeks to finish them, and the still never look as good as yours.

Very cool castle, I especially like the tower with rounded corners and your updated Black Falcon troops :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind comments :) At first it was actually supposed to be a (mediæval GoH) pirate island... but then I (more than my brother) got the urge to make a classic castle. So we made a castle instead. We have had it standing around for a few months and wanted to dismantle it and Balder has finally risen again from Hel and given us light so we could photograph it x)

Our next build will probably be for GoH. A friend of ours wants to build together with us so that will be fun.

That's a wonderful castle. It really does look like something the Teutonic Knights might have built. The detail is superb. I'm always a fan of any Black Falcon update, and your versions are fantastic.

Cool castle! I like how it is built on rocks and how spacious it is. And not to forget the nice tower at the back.

This castle is incredible! The rocks and plants on the front/side look gorgeous. The only thing I would suggest is to make a kind of a ripple effect with the ocean. Other than that this is one of the top castle mocs I have seen.

EDIT: Sorry, I guess if the water was a lake then the ripple effect would be unnecessary.

Edited by Steel Tiger

Fantastic! The Black Falcons were always my favourite faction as a kid, I hope to one day build a big castle like this for them. I just hope I can make something even half as good as yours!