• Phes: Island Tree Workshop
    • SirNadroj: Workshop of the Birds
    • Alex54: Druid Outdoor Workshop
    • 007: Wolfgang's Workshop
    • Brickster: Snake Oil Wagon
    • ImperialShadows: Workshop of the 4 Colored Birds
    • Optimus-Convey: Workshop of Heads

Wizard's Challenge

14 powerful wizards have come from far away lands to do battle with one another as part of the ultimate challenge of magic. Some draw upon the forces of the Dark Realm *skull* , while other use ancient scrolls, potions, and magical talismans to cast their spells. Some bring with them the magics of mythical kingdoms, while another hops along with a wooden peg leg. Peg leg? :-|

Who among them is the most Creative Wizard? The Best Overall Wizard? and which has the Best Wizard's Workshop. I call upon the magical powers of the Eurobrick Mages to cast their votes now.

Who among them will win the Wizard's Challenge?

wizardschallengepoll.jpg

You may review the entries here:

Wizard's Challenge: Entries

Who among them is the most Creative Wizard?

Got to go with Sir Dillon's. Even though I don't like the final effect of the metal arm, the idea is really clever. Plus I love the hat. And the staff is very good too.

The Best Overall Wizard?

Sir Nadroj's. For some reason the color scheme, particularly the dark red hair and that face works very well together. Plus all the birds just makes him plain creepy... like a Hitchcock movie. Alex54's was a close second, though the Viking torso didn't seem very wizardy to me, the picking berries seemed very wizardy.

and which has the Best Wizard's Workshop.

Got to go with Brickster's. Hands down. No competition.

My comments on the rest:

Norrington: I don't like the red hair and purple clothes combination... And the laboratory, particularly the walls, isn't up to snuff. I do, however, love the crazy monkeys. All in all, I think the figure suffers from the same defect as mine: a lack of creativity...

Darkspawn: great staff idea, I'll be stealing that... The Voldemort face also makes him look quite evil. In the end, though, with all the black he just looks too plain.

Phes: simple as it is, its strangely quite effective.

Alex54: love the outdoors workshop. Staff is nice too. Would be better if they made a lightsaber handle in white, so it all matched.

007: Nice choice on the face. Again I like the staff... does that piece fit securely in there? The workshop doesn't look cluttered enough to me, but I love the birdstand.

Imperial Shadows: Workshop needs some work, more variation in the walls, I think. The pastel birds and books don't go with the black wizard and dark surroundings, they seem very out of place. Again, I think your wizard, as with mine and Norrington's lacks creativity.

Khorne: Great staff again. Its so simple, I kick myself for not thinking of it sooner. I love the outdoorsy gardenlike setting.

Optimus Convoy: Interesting choice of face, I'm not sure if I like it or not. Very creepy laboratory. I think the undead would be better represented by a fleshy rising from the cauldron. Same thing with the stack of heads, which I would arrange differently, more of a pile rather than tower...

Hinckley38: lacks creativity. He's really just a Palpatine with a different face. It is a good face though!

Ghoulrealm: I don't like whatever head you used. The white rim around the hair and beard really stands out. The use of the dementor cloak works very well here. Nice staff as well.

Athos: strange that you're the only one to enter a enchantress. I think a different face would have made her more menacing. Lacks a certain creativity, since the only think you did was swap arms and head from a Willa torso. The spider on the wall really messes up the picture, since it blends with the staff. And the black cup doesn't show up well either.

Steve

Thanks for your vote Athos.

Here's my picks:

Most Creative: My own. I think it was completely different than all the other entries (with the exception of Phes's Peg-Legged Pirate Wizard with Wand.

Best Overall Wizard: ImperialShadows' Aluzar. Not real fond of the entire name (a bit too long), but i just like the wizard. Black tunics, beard, this is my kinda guy.

Best Wizard's Workshop: Alex54's Maponos the Druid's Outdoor Workshop. It just looks really nice with the green and brown. The background image even blends in wonderfully. And the wizard cutting some herbs was a great touch.

And let me just add that they are all very good.

Well.... every competitor is a winner. But it looks like I have to choose.... 8-|

Most Creative: SirNadroj

007: Nice choice on the face. Again I like the staff... does that piece fit securely in there? The workshop doesn't look cluttered enough to me, but I love the birdstand.

Thank you, Mr. Athos. Yes, the piece conforms perfectly, but do you know which it is? X-D

Best Overall Wizard: oo7

Most creative: Phes without a doubt! And I'm not just saying this to lure him castle side X-D

Best overall: Sir Nadroj nice story, great face, not old is a nice touch as well...

Workshop: Athos, simple and sweet

God Bless all,

Nathan

Hinckley38: lacks creativity. He's really just a Palpatine with a different face. It is a good face though!

Steve

Okay, look, Steve. First of all, it's hinckley 39. Second of all, you are the Simon Cowell of the Wizard's Challenge. ;-) ;-) ;-)

I am totally kidding. I would further pretend to be offended by your constructive criticism but I thought the exact same thing when I looked at my fig next to everyone else's. I thought that's just palpatine with a different face. :-/

However, I did cut up an Ewok wing to make the cape. :-/ Perhaps I should have used one of my other custom figs, instead. Perhaps Obi-Wan with a different face:

terran.jpg

or perhaps, Han Solo with a different face:

pell.jpg

or maybe, my favorite, Anakin with different hair:

shon.jpg

Man, I suck at this. :-X Good thing My mocs are better than my custom figs...

Of course Steve may come back, call me hinckley40 and say they lack creativity. ;-)

Ok I laid down my votes so here they are !!

Most creative: I voted for Athos because I love the fact he used a femal MF (and a "hot" one :-D ) and I like the poison dark side...

Best Overall: Alex !! I really love his celtic druid doing all sorts of potion and what have you !! I also really like his story !!

Best Workshop: I voted for Brickster (even though I consider that a host of a contest cannot participate in it :-| ). His cart was really the best workshop in terms of rendering and construction !! Very close came Alex once again in terms of atmosphere and parts he used !!

Good luck to all of you contestants !!

Wizard On !!

EDIT: topic pinned !!

*yoda*

The most Creative Wizard?

This goes hands down to Phes. Even the name is creative! "Pirate Guy with a Wand"

...wait :-P

The Best Overall Wizard?

This I'm sad to say I'm in the minority for! I voted for Hinkley 40 ( :-P ). While it is a standard cape and cowel, I like that it's simple. A wizard isn't supposed to be worried about fashion afterall :-D And that face...it just works so well for some reason. To me it makes him more mysterious, like he's from another far land, and has totally different abilities. A real wildcard.

and which has the Best Wizard's Workshop.

This was a giveaway to the Brickster, so much thought and effort went into a great MOC

I voted for Hinkley 40 ( :-P ).

Thanks SW4J ;-)

Thank you, Mr. Athos. Yes, the piece conforms perfectly, but do you know which it is?

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Its a pully wheel. I may even have one somewhere...

Okay, look, Steve. First of all, it's hinckley 39. Second of all, you are the Simon Cowell of the Wizard's Challenge. ;-) ;-) ;-)

I am totally kidding. I would further pretend to be offended by your constructive criticism but I thought the exact same thing when I looked at my fig next to everyone else's. I thought that's just palpatine with a different face. :-/

However, I did cut up an Ewok wing to make the cape. :-/ Perhaps I should have used one of my other custom figs, instead. Perhaps Obi-Wan with a different face:

First apologies for subtracting from your name.

Secondly, I didn't notice the ewok wing cape (didn't know ewoks had wings for that matter ;-) ). I thought the pattern on the cloth was just stray lighting. I don't know if it would have made a difference, since I don't condone mutilating parts...

Thirdly, I felt it was ok to criticize figures for lack of creativity, since I felt mine suffered from the same defect. Though, now I'm thinking lack of creativity is a poor choice of words. Most of the entries I criticized for a lack of creativity are actually just as creative as those I did not criticize. They lack something though, I think it may be color and flair (not chachi's type flair mind you). The figures I criticized relied too heavily on a single color: black (or in norrinton's case, purple).

Simon :-P

Steve

First apologies for subtracting from your name. Secondly, I felt it was ok to criticize figures for lack of creativity, since I felt mine suffered from the same defect. Though, now I'm thinking lack of creativity is a poor choice of words. Most of the entries I criticized for a lack of creativity are actually just as creative as those I did not criticize. They lack something though, I think it may be color and flair (not chachi's type flair mind you). The figures I criticized relied too heavily on a single color: black (or in norrinton's case, purple).

Simon :-P

Steve

Like I said Simon Steve, I agree with your criticism of Fernos. But you did make him cry. Thanks for apologizing for my name, again I wasn't really offended, reference my title, you can't take anything I say seriously unless I'm ranting against bley and frown [fake + brown = frown]. And I agree that it is OK to criticize, because you were not cruel, but constructive.

And I like your fig. What you refer to as lack of creativity (or too black or purple) I like to refer to as simplicity, which is sometimes the best way to go...I like the little bit we could see of your workshop too.

So anyway, great job and please know I'm always joking and took no offense to anything you said.

Don't you just wish everyone could win? :-X

Don't you just wish everyone could win?

No, I just wish I could win. :-P

My votes went to...

Most creative: Larry of the Metal arm. Yup, I'm bad.

Best Overall: Master Aves Hawthorn, by SirNadroj. I really liked the choice of torso, and I think that head fits great with the hair.

Best Workshop: I voted for Alex's Druid Outdoor Workshop, which just beat Brickster by a hair. I really like the idea of an outdoor workshop, and he executed it very well.

BTW, if we had a 'Overall coolest looking wizard' category, my vote would go to Khorne. *knight*

No, I just wish I could win. :-P

My votes went to...

Most creative: Larry of the Metal arm. Yup, I'm bad.

Best Overall: Master Aves Hawthorn, by SirNadroj. I really liked the choice of torso, and I think that head fits great with the hair.

Best Workshop: I voted for Alex's Druid Outdoor Workshop, which just beat Brickster by a hair. I really like the idea of an outdoor workshop, and he executed it very well.

Dillon, I agree with all of your comments! In fact, I'm so thankful for you right now because you voted for all of the ones I considered voting for but ended up being my second choice! You complete me! *wub*

... :-/ ...

I should probably shut the computer down for a couple of hours...

Seriously though, I think Larry of the metal arm is pretty awesome!

Most Creative: My own. I think it was completely different than all the other entries (with the exception of Phes's Peg-Legged Pirate Wizard with Wand.
i agree with that, but after deciding between the two, i went with Brickster.

Brickster's salesman also gets my votes for the other two fields ;-)

i think this is the B's best MOC ever... imagine that, it was in a contest !!!

so, does competition bring out the best in you B ???

:-P

- BrickMiner

Dillon, I agree with all of your comments! In fact, I'm so thankful for you right now because you voted for all of the ones I considered voting for but ended up being my second choice! You complete me! *wub*

... :-/ ...

I should probably shut the computer down for a couple of hours...

Seriously though, I think Larry of the metal arm is pretty awesome!

Are you my long lost brother? 8-

Heh. Thanks for the comment. When Larry takes over the world, he won't force you to work in the salt mines. ;-)

Oh, hey, bonus!

Thanks for the comments of Aves Hawthorne! I really appreciate the votes! :-)

Thanks for the comments of Aves Hawthorne! I really appreciate the votes! :-)

Where did you get the torso for Aves? It's really cool and it's such a great effect with the hair and face you chose. I would like to rip it off...er...I mean...use it as inspiration to improve my custom fig skills.

That is the second time I was aked that question, and someone always beats me to the answer! ;-)

That is the second time I was aked that question, and someone always beats me to the answer! ;-)

If someone asks you again, I will try to give you a little time to answer. ;-)

If someone asks you again, I will try to give you a little time to answer. ;-)

Where did you get the torso for Aves?

Steve, who is here to help...

Where did you get the torso for Aves?

Steve, who is here to help...

It's one of Dumbledore's torsos: Dumbledore Torso

EDIT: Now I see it was a joke!