AndroTech

42029 - Pick up Truck Discussion Topic

I agree that there are some things in the design of this model that could have been improved, but I honestly don't see how it is "ugly". But that's me.

I think it's more bland than ugly. I do like the bear stickers - even if they ARE stickers - but it's pretty much red overload otherwise; some silver would be nice, especially on the engine and pipes. It's all flat grey. :wacko:

Personally I like chrome only on exhaust pipes, and only on real life vehicles. I don't find the chrome parts on Technic models appealing.

I prefer light grey like they have used on this model, I have no problem with it. But that's my opinion.

Personally I like chrome only on exhaust pipes, and only on real life vehicles. I don't find the chrome parts on Technic models appealing.

I prefer light grey like they have used on this model, I have no problem with it. But that's my opinion.

Nothing wrong with your opinion! If you like this set, then that's not a problem. I do think this is a bit too much like the Monster Truck from last year, though. It has the same wheels and colours, and the same general feel. :hmpf_bad: Not my thing.

I was wondering if it's going to be 4WD? What do You think? Honestly I don't like look of this car, I have only hope that B model will be better. If not, I have to agree that 42029 will be good for spare parts.

I was wondering if it's going to be 4WD? What do You think? Honestly I don't like look of this car, I have only hope that B model will be better. If not, I have to agree that 42029 will be good for spare parts.

No 4WD if I read correctly earlier, and I'll agree it isn't the prettiest thing, but in my mind, it's not too bad. But a great parts pack, it's what, 11 5x11 panels in red? That's how many I can see at least.

No 4WD if I read correctly earlier, and I'll agree it isn't the prettiest thing, but in my mind, it's not too bad. But a great parts pack, it's what, 11 5x11 panels in red? That's how many I can see at least.

You saw a bit too much ..... :tongue:

Hem Hem (scuse bad photo edit)

... 6 and 10 are 3x11 panels, not 5x11 .... look again .... :thumbup:

... 6 and 10 are 3x11 panels, not 5x11 .... look again .... :thumbup:

I stand corrected, didn't know 3x11 panel like that even existed until now :wacko: 9 then :tongue:

I like the truck - not for building, but for spare parts :wink: , especially the red panels. I'll need them in my future projects.

Greetings

Alex

I like the truck - not for building, but for spare parts :wink: , especially the red panels. I'll need them in my future projects.

Greetings

Alex

Well, that's something, eh? :grin:

I wonder what gear does under the door. Its only on one side.

Perhaps it lifts the flatbed?

Really guys what is the fascination with this set,it's just plain boring. Now back to the Volvo front loader tread :)

I like this set. Played a bit with it today. Would have loved it in another colour though, like blue or green.

Erland

Part Design.

Really guys what is the fascination with this set,it's just plain boring. Now back to the Volvo front loader tread :)

Well I for one will be going for this before the front loader, it doesn't really interest me that much, don't need much more PF stuff and so much yellow. I like this one for the red and I'm more of a cars/trucks person rather than constructions, although cranes fascinate me. Each to their own I guess.

There are positive and negative things with both the loader and the pick-up.

Front end loader:

+ new green engine blocks

+ new large bucket

+ PF and RC stuff (for those who care)

+ cool B-model

- more PF and RC stuff (for those who doesn't care)

- yet another yellow set (and flagship set)

- too similar to the previous loader 8265 (boring to some)

- price will likely be high despite ~1600 parts due to the RC stuff (I think)

Pick-up truck:

+ 5x11 panels in red, x9

+ new 3x11 flat panels in red, x2

+ good parts pack in red

+ B-model (not yet revealed)

- holes in the design (personally don't find this a problem)

- no chrome (for those who wants that)

I would say a B-model for the pick-up is a good thing, depending on what this will turn out to be.

Edited by Error404

Any idea on what the B model may be, also I'm quite interested in the relese date and price range for this paricular set

Cheers

-Dan

Any idea on what the B model may be, also I'm quite interested in the relese date and price range for this paricular set

Cheers

-Dan

Big offroad wheels, rear wheel drive, suspension...

I think it will be offroad truck or buggy. Little chance that it will be another pickup, but more sporty than main pickup, like baja trophy truck.

What else you can do with these parts?

Edited by rm8

Kinda looks like the the B model pickup (with the exception of the trailer crane that was present w/ that version) of the 8258 Crane Truck from '09...not real interesting IMO.

I'd put my money into the Crawler if I was interested in just plain pickups as you get RC with the 9398.

I think this truck would look a lot better with a shorter bed or maybe just a shorter wheel base. Easy mods.