Yawgmoth

2015 LEGO Pirates Rumors and Discussion

After April release is good. That's right after personal income taxes returns have to be filed and we'll know if we have any funds left for LEGO. :laugh:

Maybe they should redo the pistol mold, at least the handle part. I made a Friends Pink Pearl ship and noticed after I took the picture that the pistol mounted in the female captain's quarter looks a bit strange...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/drspock/pinkpearl/pinkroom.jpg

Is the hook updated??It looks new to me.

Looks a little different to me too. The new one looks like it has crisper edges. But that might just be a difference in lighting.

After April release is good. That's right after personal income taxes returns have to be filed and we'll know if we have any funds left for LEGO. :laugh:

Maybe they should redo the pistol mold, at least the handle part. I made a Friends Pink Pearl ship and noticed after I took the picture that the pistol mounted in the female captain's quarter looks a bit strange...

There is a joke in there somewhere.

LOL

Right, often you discover things in your own mocs only after you've published them (like a flag being upside down, etc.).

But maybe this is not what you wanted to tell us.

pirate_laugh2.gif

It's a shame I'll have to wait til April to get these new sets. I was excited to see the cool lookin female pirate. I would've been happier if the new ship was larger though, guess I'll try getting a few of them and see if I can make a bigger version.

Yepp, waiting until April will be tough.

But this is what life is all about these days. You wait for two years after having seen "The Hobbit" (first part) until you get the end... etc.

But was Lego Hobbit announced that early? Having a movie and sets released at different time is somewhat normal and justified. But completely other thing is announcing something so agresively with word "2015"... so that everyone gets convinced that it means these should be released with the very first day of Janury, or even earlier... But dude, April, it's like a hell of a time to wait. They could have said that much earlier. "Coming April 2015" would be a clear message. And now it's list postponing something for 4 damn months.

Well i don't like superheroes sets so it's easier for me to choose pirate_wink.gif

I had Joker's fun park set in my hands though.

but then i just realized i'm going to have to choose whether to buy pirates or avengers age of ultron sets first, oh well.pirate_laugh2.gif the afflictions of being a lego fan.

Edited by Commissioner Gordon

Avast, I got lucky and won a couple Batman sets in a contest. Now I don't have to choose between pirates and Batman. :classic:

You dirty redcoat-ish peace of luck pirate_wink.gif What did You get then?

BTW shouldn't we be talking about Pirates? Then I'll say something smart about this matter...

...what was I thinking about...

...oh yeah!...

...did I mention how I dislike those new bandanas? pirate_laugh_new.gif

But was Lego Hobbit announced that early? Having a movie and sets released at different time is somewhat normal and justified. But completely other thing is announcing something so agresively with word "2015"... so that everyone gets convinced that it means these should be released with the very first day of Janury, or even earlier... But dude, April, it's like a hell of a time to wait. They could have said that much earlier. "Coming April 2015" would be a clear message. And now it's list postponing something for 4 damn months.

Actually when they say 2015, I don't mean it as January. I just understand that somewhere during 2015, that particular event will occur. I thought on first instance they would have released pirates like castle in the summer wave, so I'm glad it's April!

It's a shame I'll have to wait til April to get these new sets. I was excited to see the cool lookin female pirate. I would've been happier if the new ship was larger though, guess I'll try getting a few of them and see if I can make a bigger version.

The pirate treasure island is released January 2nd, but thats not really the same thing.

Actually when they say 2015, I don't mean it as January. I just understand that somewhere during 2015, that particular event will occur. I thought on first instance they would have released pirates like castle in the summer wave, so I'm glad it's April!

Well i did, as probably did a lot of others undestand "2015" this way. Maybe i am simply not accusomed with TLG's releasing strategy, but one should not arvertise something with "a year". Even "coming soon" sounds like "couple of weeks" - a months, 2 months tops. But 4 months into that year is a ridiculous amount of time.

The pirate treasure island is released January 2nd, but thats not really the same thing.

Are You sure about this? Why this particular set?

I think Mencot's talking about the Juniors pirate set, but I'm not even sure about that one - I think the next Juniors lineup isn't due until March either.

Yeah, i thought the same at first, but then found that treasure island is the exact name of one of the sets in the line, but i couldn't find a box with it's name on it.

70411-1.jpg

He might have been thinking about TREASURE HUNT... and jumbled the words. pir_laugh2.gif

LEGO-Pirates-Pirate-Treasure-Hunt-10679.jpg

Edited by Mazin

Yes I was talking about the junior set.

And it is now available at Lego.com but as I said it is not really the same thing as the other pirate sets that are released in april.

But I will be getting one of those juniors, it has good parts. pirate_laugh2.gif

Edited by Mencot