Hi. I am making an actuator by coupling two of your Worm Gear Counterpart.
Unfortunately, there is a space between the two worms gear as you can see in the pictures.
I wonder if it is possible to make a counterpart which is 2L or 3L long, with 2 or 3 pins on each side.
Of course, I have made an actuator with only one of your Counterpart, but it is not enough rigid in my opinion.
Thank you.

462013IMG3377s.jpg497917IMG3378s.jpg

18 hours ago, efferman said:

Should be no problem

That what I thought at first. Difficult to explain my english is not enough good.
Please, look at this new pictures. As you can see the first shows a space and the other no space.
The only thing I have changed is that I have intervert the face A and B of the right counterpart. It works better of course.
In all, there are 4 mounting possibilities.
In my opinion, this means that the gear is not symetrical to the pins axe.
Of cours a track worm gear can't be symetrical, but you understand what I mean.
Do you think is it possible to do some thing ?

357328IMG3386s.jpg861347IMG3385s.jpg

18 hours ago, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

Excellent application I would say :thumbup:

Thank you.

Edited by oracid

This looks very good. I am very impatient to receive them. Thank you.

Hi Efferman.
I received the new counterparts. They fit perfectly with the worm gear. Maybe a little tight, but with the use I think it will get better.
Thank you very much.

I just browsed Effe's creations on shapeways and there is indeed a 4L pin, with center stop.

I like the 5L pin hole with 2L pin on each end, Effe. The 3L version TLG makes is among my fav parts and your version looks even more useful.

625x465_4629447_1850943_1459318289.jpg

i like this wheel design! i orderd 4 that wheel and wating to arrive. but, why only have small wheel? i want large version size like 8110 thing. can i get that?

Hello Efferman,

I may have asked before, but could you design a bucket for (front)loaders, that is wider and maybe a bit higher than the excisting one from the 8265 wheelloader, I am curently collecting parts for Jurgens Backhoe, but the bucket at the picture is to small, the new bucket from the Volvo loader is not the right kind, that is a hard rock bucket. Most backhoes here in Europe don't have teeth on the bucket, at least not on closed buckets like this.

And a fitting bucket for the excavator arm, something like the one on the old 8862 backhoe, but better and more realistic appearence and fitting size for both backhoes shown in pictures.

am5110158_800x600.jpgp1490209.jpg01.jpg

Dafgek, i have something for you:

liebherrshovel.png

But it costs around 50€! Is this really worth it? From my perspective most people wouldn't buy something which costs 10 times more than LEGO counterpart!

3 hours ago, xsysiek said:

Dafgek, i have something for you:

But it costs around 50€! Is this really worth it? From my perspective most people wouldn't buy something which costs 10 times more than LEGO counterpart!

Okay nice, on Shapeways?? But I actually would need one without teeth, that would be more realistic.

https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/452119250063935716/

Edited by Milan
Lets not quote picture from previous post.

Are you sure that flat edge without teeth is typical? I live in Europe and most backhoes I have seen in my life had teeth (jcb, komatsu, cat...). Sure, you do spot one with no teeth quite often too but I would't think these are more common.

Btw what I think would be cool is that opening front bucket! Would that add to the cost a lot? Because if not, and if the opening mechanism was designed to be used with small pneu cylinder, that may justify the cost.

Edited by krisandkris12

18 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

Are you sure that flat edge without teeth is typical? I live in Europe and most backhoes I have seen in my life had teeth (jcb, komatsu, cat...). Sure, you do spot one with no teeth quite often too but I would't think these are more common.

Well most loaders I have seen in my life had no teeth on their buckets, most of them are used to move sand and loose gravel, so no use for teeth.

Hello efferman, you have some very nice parts here. I would like to buy some gears from you but I don't know how they couple together either with your custom gears or with lego ones. I'm particularly looking for ANY two gears that would couple together 1 stud apart in diagonal way. Thank you very much.

Sure, see attached picture, I don't mind the ratio, but a matching gear to the lego 8 tooth would be better in my opinion.

gears.jpg

I've just received the 13 diameter ring and supports, they are great will probably also order the 17 version,

That got me thinking is it possible to make support wheels for the lego part, where you can use the rail inside for the guidance?

see attached photo,

800x600.jpg

Hey Efferman,

I wonder if you could design a leafspring suspension system for a container truck I want to build based on the MB Actros 4150K I have finished a while ago. I'm thinking of building a 8x4 chassis with a MAN cab and leafspring suspension all around. I think i can use the leafsprings you've designed already for the front axles, but need a leafspring setup for the rear. Maybe you know the kind with the one big leafspring stack on which both axles are suspended. Unfortunately i can't find a good picture of one, been Googling for half an hour now, but no luck yet.

Might take me a while before i can order some parts, hobbymoney is a bit slow due to household problems.

On 26/02/2016 at 11:26 AM, efferman said:

ok, then i will make some

btw

24645463003_26b3408c2e_c.jpg

25179096101_c34894fcbb_c.jpg

25153991112_54639a9fec_c.jpg

24976654080_6b6be6e986_c.jpg

Hi Efferman

When is the outer box available on shapeways. Have all the other parts here and keen to mount on my Unimog. Great job btw.