Garmadon

Book II: Challenge 1 Category A - A More Ample Midday Meal

indexed.gif

Riding through the thick Nocturnian undergrowth, Sir Rex Marizrack pondered his position. He had by his own request been sent by Lord Raavage to destroy a dangerous and fierce Nocturnian with whom he also had a personal quarrel; the dreaded Lord Ssstraalfarrks, or at least that was what he called himself. He was also very hungry. Lord Ssstraalfarks, after having lost to Marizrack in a joust, had seen to it that Marizrack was accused of a false plot and exiled from Mitgardia. Thinking about this and about why Lord Raavage didn’t feed his soldiers better, Sir Rex approached Lord Ssstraalfarks Nocturnian banquet hall. Leaping of his horse, he ran to the doors and hewed them in with a few blows with his heavy axe. Exclaiming “Lord Ssstraalfarks, you time has come!” he rushed upon him. A short but desperate fight ensued, during which he noticed that, for a Nocturnian, Lord Ssstraalfarks eat rather normally.

11973962524_fa1c15b676_z.jpg

After clashing weapons a few times (and eating a little of the food now scattered all over) Sir Marizrack leaped onto the table and cut Lord Ssstraalfarks down.

11973961904_bea1f9d2b6_z.jpg

Grabbing another handful of victuals - his share of the booty – he ran out to his horse and rode back to tell Lord Raavage that he had succeeded; and that he now deserved a more amply midday meal.

C&C are welcome!

Thanks, all!

Great build, and that story made me snort tea out through my nose from laughing. Kudos!

Ha, ha, glad you liked it :laugh:

Nice figs! You posed them well! Nice idea, love the food! :wink::thumbup:

I love the food scattered on the floor and the figs look very good :classic:

Thanks, I will try to get better pics in the daylight today :classic:

Nice interior scene, i like how messy the room looks. Good job with the action in the minifig posing also :classic:

Nice interior scene, i like how messy the room looks. Good job with the action in the minifig posing also :classic:

Thanks, Gideon, getting the minifigs not to fall over all the time was a bit challenging :grin:

I agree with Gideon, the mess adds a lot to this little scene. Sweet vig. :thumbup:

Thanks, actually, the mess and the minifig posing started the whole thing, and I built the rest around them :laugh:

Nice vignette - figure posing is great (how is Sir Rex balancing like that?), and the scattered food definitely helps bring the scene to life. That first image is a little dark - but getting enough light for taking pictures indoors can be tricky.

Nice vignette - figure posing is great (how is Sir Rex balancing like that?), and the scattered food definitely helps bring the scene to life. That first image is a little dark - but getting enough light for taking pictures indoors can be tricky.

Yes, especially when it is night so you can't get any light at all from the windows.

Sir Rex is, well, just there pretty much, the only thing that keeps him there is that the ax part of his spear is on Ssstraalfarrks' sword's handguard :laugh:

Every time that the build moved he fell over :grin:

And just in case you were wondering, I cheated with Ssstraalfarrks and leaned him on a brick :wink: