Fox Hound

[LDD MOC] 71,000 piece, 13-foot Super Star Destroyer

good heavens! that's enormous! and looks great. very, very cool. One thing to note, though: if you're doing normal Imperial class star destroyer models on the same scale, for comparison, the command towers should be the same size. The Executor class uses the same standardized command tower module, it's just that the rest of the ship is so much bigger, it makes it seem smaller.

Amazing job. I hope it makes it into bricks!

Holy LEGO. As a 3d artist for over 20 years I am speechless that this is build with LDD. You are a genius.

Now I am wondering if I am able to render such a masterpiece in MODO. *:-)

Edited by virtualrepublic

Just don't make the same mistake I did with my way smaller ship and DON'T go for LEGO frame. It makes no sense, nobody will see it anyway, and bragging rights for the look beak bragging rights for the interior. So while some people might say I have currently the best SD done, I am really really waiting to be dethroned by you and that beast when it becomes alive, for it is indeed going to be the best looking SW ship ever!

If I may suggest something, go not only for 2x2 tiles but 6x6, 8x16, 2x4 and so on. This will make really nice texture, with 2x2 only you will have one huge piece of pavement.

Oh, and btw, I don't know what does it have inside but if you go for lego interior, there won't be just 70k of pieces, no way :)

Right now I'm still trying to gather funds for the project. I'm starting a Kickstarter campaign soon. Even if I do, I'm still not sure I could construct it. Let me know if you're interested :)

I wouldn't, every time I tried using LDD and then converting it to real model it ended in a beautiful catastrophe :)

Not to mention that no way I could afford it. Go for kickstarter, we cannot use it here but you might be able to do so, and I am sure that there will be many people willing to donate.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, how could I have not seen this before! The scale and detail are crazy, and you rendered it with POV-Ray as well! Must have taken years! It took me 6 hours to render 500 pieces, you used 70,000 pieces... :sceptic::classic:

Well done!

Oh my god.

Building this became my dream.

I wonder if there is still a way to purchase this LDD/Ldraw file somehow....

Oh my god.

Building this became my dream.

I wonder if there is still a way to purchase this LDD/Ldraw file somehow....

lol NOPE.

My computer was crying when it loaded this file for POV rendering, and my computer was a dual XEON rig. A server quality computer. Your average desktop might take an hour just to load then crash. I doubt LDDManager can handle it either so exporting to part list won't work.

If the instruction was provided on file, it'd have to be broken into several sections just so average computer can handle it.

To update: I've started a Kickstarter campaign for it. If it doesn't work (and there's a 99.9% chance it won't) I'll give up. Someone else will have to come along and build an SSD.

I'll start building the back of the SSD next month I think, I don't have the space for the whole sutff, neither the money, but the back is sexy as hell, so I'm thinking of a way to make it fun (maybe crashing in death star or warping.

I'll support your kickstart, so banzai Fox Hound!!

Are Kickstarter links allowed? I remember some anti-promotion mumbo-jumbo.

Just search "Executor" in the Kickstarter search field.

BTW, the posters are beyond awesome. I mean 50" wide at 9600 x 5400!

Are Kickstarter links allowed? I remember some anti-promotion mumbo-jumbo.

Just search "Executor" in the Kickstarter search field.

As long as the topic is about the MOC rather than about promoting the Kickstarter/Ideas/Indiegogo project, we're okay with it. In this case, it'd be fine for you to add a link.

Relevant portions of our Site Guidelines are:

LEGO Ideas: If you have a great MOC, that is also a LEGO Ideas project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the Ideas entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the Ideas business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated. You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on LEGO Ideas', rather than: 'I want Ideas support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote!.

Selling, self promotion and promoting: [...] Please don't use Eurobricks as a billboard. You may certainly post links to your site in your signature, but don't join just to advertise your site. This includes reviews/MOCs/contests posted on off-site forums.

It's amazing that you actually try to make this model a reality. If it is done, it will be a new icon for the AFOL MOCcing community and, as you say it, a work of art.

Good luck on this exhausting journey. You have the support of the blog.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

This is awesome but I don´t wanna be a mood destroyer (because you know it yourself also) raising that kind of funding will be really hard and in that time. And then after raising it, building that monster masterpiece will be hard but I guess you would not only build on it yourself then. But I will wish you the biggest good luck and I support your case.

I simply have to back this Fox :) $30CAD is sent your way!

GOOD LUCK!!

*Jaw Drops*

Wow! That is amazing!!! Amazing job! It's the kind of model that should be displayed at LEGOLAND!