Sign in to follow this  
Cyberbricker

Review: 75035 Kashyyyk Troopers

Hello Eurobrikcers, I just finished set 75035 and because many people are a bit worried about the scoot trooper, I thought I could do a little review, since I managed to get the set really early.

Set Name: Kashyyyk Troopers

Set #: 75035

Theme: Star Wars

Pieces: 101

Mini-figures: 4 (Kashyyyk Scout Trooper, Kashyyyk Clone Trooper)

Year of Release: Winter 2013-2014

Price: 12.99 (It was on a 10% discount) I have seen some shops offering it at 15.99€ though.

I will add some pictures with comments and give my final thoughts at the end of the review.

Enjoy! :wink:

First of all the box, it is a standard battle pack box. (A little oversized for its content)

DSC_0055_zps4523733b.jpg

DSC_0056_zpsaca297ef.jpg

Content, 2bags, 1 set of instructions.

DSC_0057_zps45595c26.jpg?t=1387279583

Instructions.

DSC_0076_zps6c31f68f.jpg

Part out of the set, nothing 2 special, except maybe the few dark red parts and the round gray and dark gray pieces.

DSC_0058_zps3daaf430.jpg?t=1387280030

Mini-figures (note: I gave them 2nd generation blasters)

DSC_0063_zps68b6b13a.jpg

DSC_0065_zpseae6b8e6.jpg

Indeed the helmet visor doesn't lineup with the eyes, but you don't really notice mush of it.

DSC_0079_zps1b1ceb80.jpg

This guy was looking for Kashyyyk, but found the Christmas tree instead. :laugh:

DSC_0071_zpsd4867368.jpg

Finished set.

DSC_0074_zps53788dbd.jpg

DSC_0075_zpsfa1d57c9.jpg

Extra parts

DSC_0078_zpsf9b1c0f6.jpg

Modification (I changed the leg joint too black, I like it better this way)

DSC_0061_zpsb6db3183.jpg

Final Thoughts and score:

Functions: 8/10

You have a moving rotor in the back, moving panels in front of the troopers and 2 firing blasters attached to the front. So I think everything moves that is supposed to move. :thumbup:

Parts: 7.5/10

Parts are okay, most of them are standard, some nice pieces, but nothing 2 special.

Price: 8/10

12.99 for 101 pieces is a good price I guess, though in most shops it is 15.99€, that is a little mush I think, but it is a great set.

Accuracy:8.5/10

The design is very nice for such a small set. It is pretty similar to the 8091 Swamp Speeder, but obviously smaller. Only the guns in the front could be a little more accurate. Minifigures printing is pretty accurate 2, maybe the helmet of the Scout Trooper is a bit big, but really it is not much of an issue.

Overall: 7.5/10

I think it is a great set, and if you if you are into the PT you should definitely get it. It will be a nice variation in your Clone Trooper Army. The speeder maybe a bit smaller, but as Yoda would say "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?" :tongue:

I know many people are worried about the Scout Trooper, so was I, but I could not resist the temptation. Now I am glad I got it. Really, you will like it once it is on your shelf's next 2 the rest of your minfigures and vehicles. The standard camo clone trooper is very nice looking 2.

Maybe I will get one more of these myself, for an extra vehicle, but then it is off to bricklink for more mini-figures.

Overall it will a great set both for playing and displaying, the choice is yours of course.

I hope you guys enjoyed the review and that it helps make up your mind. :wink:

Update: I wouldn't get it at full price though... :wink:

Edited by Cyberbricker

I built this set together with my kids yesterday and the speeder is really nice with some useful parts. I do however have a hard time to really like the scout helmet. It´s not too big but the visor placed on his forehead just makes the overall appearence of the figure a bit "off". I was looking forward to this set but I don´t think it turned out as good as it could have been. I´ll still buy a couple of this set but on sale. I let my kids choose between this set and the Utapau troopers and they both went with Utapau without question.

EDIT: Black hips looks a lot better. All the tan parts makes it look too "bright". They should have done it all olive green with tan printing instead.

Edited by mordatre

I second mordatre's opinion about the scout helmet, In my eyes it just looks very "wrong" .Im a OT builder so this will go in the build bin and the miifig parts will be used in non Sw Mocs anyhow.. Its a fairly decent parts pack

Edited by mechamike

Those are the worst and ugliest helmets in a long time. I mean, lots of helmets don't have the eyes line up but this one is just soooo bad. It's like they're helmets for people without a forehead. Someone just lobbed off the trooper's foreheads. I guess we know why they have such horrible aim with the majority of their brains being gone.

Thanks for the review, Cyberbricker!

I agree with the opinions about the scout helmets, but apart from that the minifigs look great. I am a little concerned about the growing discrepancy between the details on minifigs and the detailing of the accompanying sets, though. The weapons platform seems to be a nice little build, but unfortunately looks bland compared to the intricately printed minifigs. :sceptic:

Thanks for the review, Cyberbricker.

Although not the nicest shade of green on the minifigures, they still look good. I kind of would expect to see them fighting on Dagobah instead of Kashyyyk with that style of camoflouge. The Republic Trooper really does have the better helmet here; at least his looks right all around, but the Scout Trooper helmet still looks wrong with the tiny visor printed there, and the build isn't much to write home about. However, I do spot a few parts which could be put to better use in something else.

Nice review. I saw this in the shop the other day for €13 along with the other battle packs. Only got the Death Star troopers and utapau troopers packs. I just still cannot get used to the camo armour on a clone trooper, it has to be white in my mind. Maybe it's because I grew up with white stormtroopers. Also those scout troopers are vey ugly.

Thanks for the review. As of right now I'm unsure how much I'll like the minifigs in this battlepack. The colour just looks a little off to me. I'll have to make official judgement when I have them in hand. I will get at least 1 of this set.

Thanks very much for the review. I'm not much a follower of the Clone Wars, so to me these have no place in my collection's mythology. I like the green clone troopers and agree with the dislike for the scout helmet. Over-all, though, I think I would use the bodies of the troopers over the helmets many times over - they are great for generic soldier figs.

I will probably get one of these, if on sale, but prefer the DS Gunner and Imperial Pilot pack by a wide margin.

Thanks for the review :classic:

I still didn't get used to the scout's helmet, but I got used to the phase II trooper helmet. I'll still reserve my final judgement until I see them with my own eyes.

Maybe anyone should file an application to TLG as a "test-watcher".

It seems that the need to make these figures realistic and so accurate as possible isn't doing these minifigures any good. The black hips are indeed mush better than the printed ones.

Nice revieuw on the other hand.

Thank you for the review!

It's odd how I like the vehicle, which I think is one of the best Lego made for any battlepack, more than the minifigures, which are prime examples of too detailed isn't always good..

Yeah, i posted some pictures of the new blasters in an other topic and didn't want to repeat myself.

They have some use in this set though, if you but them on the vehicle. :wink:

The helmet of the Scout Trooper should have been better indeed, but I have been staring at them some time now and I really got used 2 them... :tongue:

I though they where a little strange myself at first, but if you really think it is right down ugly, I recommend you wait for an update of this figure.

Maybe some websites will get some better custom helmets, though usually the are expensive. :thumbdown:

Great review Cyberbricker! I'm looking forward to getting this set now! I'll probably ebay those older weapons, the scout troopers look superb with that long rifle!

I just don't like the legs being off-color for the scout troopers: I wish they were the same shade of green as the torso. The camo pattern is also too blotchy, IMO. I still would have to get these and see them for real.

Does anyone know if the blasters have enough force to knock over a minifig? I haven't seen it mentioned in any written or video reviews.

i actually like the scout troopers.. at first i did not. but saw the movie the other day on tv. and my thought was... hey its not that bad at all!!!

just my opinion...

no the new blasters are not able to knock over another mini fig. they will with battle droids but hey anything will make these guys fall... just fired at 10cm, 15cm and 20cm they dont fall only turn a little