Has there been any better images or instructions for this module?

800x425.jpg

This is a screenshot from this video at the 2:26 mark:

I have seen many variations of this style, but I like the smoothness of this one and the types of pieces it uses. e.g. I have a lot of black Technic, Liftarm 2 x 4 L-Shape Thick pieces kicking around.

3 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Has there been any better images or instructions for this module?

800x425.jpg

This is a screenshot from this video at the 2:26 mark:

I have seen many variations of this style, but I like the smoothness of this one and the types of pieces it uses. e.g. I have a lot of black Technic, Liftarm 2 x 4 L-Shape Thick pieces kicking around.

ah i also tried this one and used this video for information i have a photo of the module i will post it here, @dunes would you willing to make a file for this one?

640x480.jpg

Edited by 9v system

At the minute, I am going to commit to doing The Sun in Studio 2.0 and get instructions out of that.

Did it work okay? I noticed some balls hanging around underneath it in the video, as though it had dropped some.

Edited by Ankoku

45 minutes ago, 9v system said:

ah i also tried this one and used this video for information i have a photo of the module i will post it here, @dunes would you willing to make a file for this one?

Sure, If I have enough pictures I can make one.

Edited by dunes

4 hours ago, dunes said:

Sure, If I have enough pictures I can make one.

awesome i also did his ball counter and i have lots of detail photos of that one, if you want to start with that one.

2 hours ago, 9v system said:

awesome i also did his ball counter and i have lots of detail photos of that one, if you want to start with that one.

I can start this weekend. send me what you've got. bricksafe link fx

I think I posted it on this thread, along with two of the ones you want to build.

I try and keep up on whatever is new on YouTube, whilst trying to avoid posting anything where I know the creator posts on this forum.

@Ankoku About my module "the sun" : I'm glad you like it. It was already quite reliable in the video, and with a simple fix it gets pretty much 100% reliable in perfect conditions (it has no rigid chassis, so it requires the table it's sitting on to be level and stable). It ran during to exhibitions (about 30 hours) without dropping a ball, but on its own and on a very stable table each time.

I uploaded some pictures on my Brickshelf gallery : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=576510 (not yet public though now public :) )

The module needs to be adapted to be operated in a module chain, especially the feeder at the bottom which currently requires to be constantly fed by balls, otherwise there is a risk of a ball getting stuck between the fixed ramp and the mobile feeder... But with 28-30 balls in a loop, that problem never appears and the module works flawlessly.

I guess replacing it by a classic 3-balls-wide feeder would work well, I might do so at some point.

Here is the fix (the two black beams sticking out), to prevent the buckets to jump over the upper ramp and get the module stuck. The problem appeared on an uneven table, because the support beam for the upper ramp is not rigid and allowed the ramp to bend towards the rotating wheel. The problem can be solved by making that support more rigid. I would suggest transparent beams to keep the aesthetics, but I don't have any so I left it like so.

img_7200_reduite.jpg

I didn't make a CAD file as there was no demand and I think it still needs improvement, but feel free to do so and modify it if you want to :)

P.S. My previous module "connecting rods" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvXC_VehBKk&ab_channel=pg5200) used the same principle with 3 balls per bucket, it was not 100% reliable but was made to be used in a module chain. The problem came from the feeder, I think it had to do with the vibrations of the whole thing but I couldn't find how the ball was getting out of its ramp. I tred to film it and obviously, it didn't happen during the footage...

Edited by PG52

Good to see you on here.

For me, with The Sun, I just love the motion/mechanism for moving the wheel around. It is just really enjoyable to watch.

Right now, I don't really care about the event compatibility aspect of it, as I am not doing them. That said, I do love seeing things run smoothly and watching any event video where balls are exiting all over the shop is painful to watch. So yeah, it is nice to sort those out.

I actually really like your Félix module. Again, I just like the motion of it.

I look forward to seeing the images of The Sun, when they become public.

@PG52 Excellent, thanks, it will really help! Have taken an offline copy. Always like to do that with images and video as the internet is a transient place.

Basically, I need to learn Studio 2.0, so this provides the perfect project to do so and also provided a bit back to the community.

I won't be starting on it until the end of February though.

Thanks for doing that, it's nice of you. I tried Studio, found some similarities with LDD, the soft seems well done. However it's quite difficult to work with it using my 15' laptop... Studio is definitely not designed for small screens ^^

While modelling, you might have some trouble with the bracings, as triangles are not exact (not far from exact though). Apart from this, it should be straightforward.

5 hours ago, XGBC said:

has someone got instructions for the train from steve hassenplug

This seems quite old and not 100% mechanical.

Have a look at the Akiyuki train system and how with a group of enthousiasts we have continued developing it:

to me it doesnt really matter if its mechanic or not i just needed the instructions of the car to make a more modern version of it. i really like akiyuki's trains too and the different modules for it that you guys developed are excellent but i want something that uses the 9v rail system so that i havent have to worry about changing batteries or recharging them

@PG52 Looks like someone was inspired by your design.

Feels a little weird that they are selling it, even though it has other additional stuff.

@AnkokuThanks for sharing it. I saw that yesterday. They're telling that they got inspired by another module on the internet, and that they didn't know mine was the original one. I asked them to give credit to me, which they did, at the bottom end of the description of the video... But not on the video itself (not sure if it's possible without re-uploading the whole video though).

Well, although there is a lot of extra work in this build by adapting the module and creating the other ones + making the instructions, it feels quite weird as you say. I guess i'm gonna let things happen this time, I don't wanna overreact either, but yeah that doesn't feel right.

I think there was already a discussion about this kind of "copyright" thing, I know it's also cultural, but they are dutch, I'm french, those two cultures are not that different... If I were them I would have asked the person whose video they saw - who apparently didn't give credit either - , if I could use the module and make money out of it... That would feel better to me.

Just completed another successful Brickvention in Melbourne

This time, we had team members, flying and driving in from 4 other states! (collective distance travelled over 3500kms!!)

all up, it was 4 days - 1 day setup - a quieter AFOL friday, and then 2 public days on the weekend

Here are a couple of videos from Sat, and Sunday (similar, but with a few changes here and there)

We had around 100-110 modules working at at any one time - not going for a record, but just trying to get a lot of variety in modules

We were lucky enough to be interviewed by the guys from Beyond the Brick, Youtube Channel, so hopefully we'll see their video soon!

11 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

Just completed another successful Brickvention in Melbourne

This time, we had team members, flying and driving in from 4 other states! (collective distance travelled over 3500kms!!)

all up, it was 4 days - 1 day setup - a quieter AFOL friday, and then 2 public days on the weekend

Here are a couple of videos from Sat, and Sunday (similar, but with a few changes here and there)

We had around 100-110 modules working at at any one time - not going for a record, but just trying to get a lot of variety in modules

We were lucky enough to be interviewed by the guys from Beyond the Brick, Youtube Channel, so hopefully we'll see their video soon!

And here is my take on Sunday morning.

https://youtu.be/6yqxQNpKb1U

It was a great pleasure to see more new builders joining in and enthusiasm from potential new builders wanting to know how to join in. Also checkout our AusGBC database painstakingly put together by Cadder at www.ausgbc.org. Some details are still being updated, but is a fairly complete and accurate log of all the GBC events that we have had in Australia.