Garmadon

Discovering the Source of the Adeler - MCB

After many years of searching, Mitgardia's main river, the Adeler's main source has been found!

This is my entry for the Mitgardian Community Build, since it is more on the west side of Mitgardia, I went ahead and tried making it pretty green :classic:

Discovering%20the%20Source%20of%20the%20Adeler%20%281%29.JPG

Uridius Dratiphe tasting some of the water:

Discovering%20the%20Source%20of%20the%20Adeler%20%283%29.JPG

Here's a pic without the water coming out of the border:

Discovering%20the%20Source%20of%20the%20Adeler%20%285%29.JPG

C&C are welcome, more pics at my photostream.

Wow! Very nice! Bet that water tastes nice, cold, and pure. :wink: . Really like this build! Love the foliage and rockwork. Nice trees in the back too! :classic::thumbup:

Fantastaiac work! I really like how you made the water come past the border! Nice splashes of foliage as well!

really nice rock formation, awesome splash across the base in short: great mcb entry. Please do not forget to add a link to the MCB thread so it doesn't get lost!

Excellent rockwork and I like the bits of dark green you added :thumbup: The pine trees in the back are also a nice touch and the fig's pose is great. I only have one suggestion: make where the water starts much more bubbly, so that it looks more like a spring :classic:

Awesome work, as others have said, great rock work and the stream going past the the border looks great. I also really like the black border. :thumbup:

The water overflowing the border looks good. There are not too many foliage but I think it's enough. And the rock doesn't looks so bare with some moss on it (is it moss, isn't it?)

Thanks all!

Wow! Very nice! Bet that water tastes nice, cold, and pure. :wink: . Really like this build! Love the foliage and rockwork. Nice trees in the back too! :classic::thumbup:

Thanks, I'm sure it does, and I got the idea while thinking about your and various other peoples builds with the olive green leaves and decided to try it with a little different color-scheme :classic:

Fantastaiac work! I really like how you made the water come past the border! Nice splashes of foliage as well!

really nice rock formation, awesome splash across the base in short: great mcb entry. Please do not forget to add a link to the MCB thread so it doesn't get lost!

Thanks, and sorry that I didn't post it there right away, I was about to when the electricity went of for a while :grin:

Excellent rockwork and I like the bits of dark green you added :thumbup: The pine trees in the back are also a nice touch and the fig's pose is great. I only have one suggestion: make where the water starts much more bubbly, so that it looks more like a spring :classic:

Thanks SK, nice suggestion about the water, but how could I make it more bubbly :look:

Maybe a few trans-clear dots, but I tried that a while ago, and just left it like this in the end.

The water overflowing the border looks good. There are not too many foliage but I think it's enough. And the rock doesn't looks so bare with some moss on it (is it moss, isn't it?)

Thanks, I'm glad everyone likes the overflowing water so much, and about the foliage, I didn't really have much choice, as that is pretty much all the leaves I have :grin::wink:

Edited by Garmadon

I'd like to receive advanced placement credits in the Doctorate of Historica program for these subjects:

Hydrology - flowing water = 1 credit

General Building - minifig posing = 1 credit

+1 as well!

Since I haven't commented on the build yet, really great job! The water spilling over the side gives it an excellent touch and you're minifigure's pose is great too. :thumbup:

very nice little build Garmadon! The first shot works so well with it's low perspective - makes the greenery seem less sparse and you really get a sense of the water running towards you. I like the slight tilt on the trees at the back too, helps to convey a sense of rising ground.

+1 for flowing water and minifig posing. :thumbup: