XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Sw585, followed by sw366, and then the opinion begins to diverge.

Is the 'frown' you refer to the shape the nose vents make? Other than that it looks like all the differences are very subtle.

Many times I've read that there is frustration of the lack of storm troopers, and we are collectively waiting for new battle packs this winter in the hope that there are more minifigures. There are about 12 rebel battle packs at my local store ready to be bought and I'm curious why there's all this angst.

Do the nose vents differ significantly from the OT storm troopers, and is that where the distinction is being made?

Yeah, it's the nose vents... the 'frown' is markedly deeper on the Rebels stormies than others. It's off-putting! But I've grown to accept it, and it IS a cheap way to army-build the crap outta stormtroopers... but it'd be SO MUCH BETTER if it was 4 sw585s instead, y'know?

I'm holding one from the Rebels battle pack (sw617)up to the enlarged picture on brick link; I can tell the difference in nose vents, there are some other subtle differences in the helmet, torso, and legs. But I think they are very similar.

I'm holding one from the Rebels battle pack (sw617)up to the enlarged picture on brick link; I can tell the difference in nose vents, there are some other subtle differences in the helmet, torso, and legs. But I think they are very similar.

I don't care if they have frowns or not, they are still a great army builder.

I can't bring myself to mix them together. I don't mind the rebels ones, I just don't want to mix them with OT ones. If there are stormies in January, I'll be buying at least 15 of those packs.

Edited by Kman860

^^^ This. I need to add more Stormies to my collection, but not at current secondary market prices.

Tonight I'm going to drink some beer while watching the USA play soccer and put some lego together. My options are the following: #1 - Rex's AT TE. #2 - Current Turbo Tank + 1 Clone Trooper Battle Pack. #3 Rey's Speeder + Eclipse Starfigher + Flash Speeder + Several Clone Trooper Battle Packs. Which option would you guys recommend?

Whichever one will look the funniest if you drink too much and try to build it. I would say CTT.

I'd go with the smaller sets as you don't need to concentrate too much so you can multitask between, drinking, footie and building. Personally, I like to set aside a block of me time so I can enjoy the build of the bigger sets without distraction.

Which storm trooper minifigure is considered the 'One?' What is the precedence of storm trooper minifigures?

You can buy Stormtroopers with battle "scars" from 75134 (sw691). They are cheap.

Edited by La Chupacabra

The legs on the battle scarred Storms are the same as the ones on the 'Best' version from Slave 1. If the 'Best' stories are appearing expensive I've added those legs to the older Endor Stormies and they look almost as perfect as the Slave 1 version.

Personally mixing them works for me. Gives them the movie acurite mix match armor.... Every helmet was different and was horribly painted

^^^ This. I need to add more Stormies to my collection, but not at current secondary market prices.

Me too!! I'm seriously considering buying more of sw691 and wipe them off :tongue:

Well I decided to buy a few Resistance Trooper Battle Packs and preorder the new Lego Star Wars game. How long will it take for the exclusive Finn minifigure to arrive?

Usually you pick up the figure when you pick up the game itself.

USA soccer ended up winning! I purchased the AT TE. Instead of beer, I did pushups in between the completion of each bag. It was a great night.

Does anyone know if the new Rebels Vader's Tie Advanced is in the same scale as the 2012 Eposode IV Tie Fighter, X-Wing and Y-Wing? It seems small.

Does anyone know if the new Rebels Vader's Tie Advanced is in the same scale as the 2012 Eposode IV Tie Fighter, X-Wing and Y-Wing? It seems small.

I think so, looking back at episode IV the Tie Advanced isn't that big, it's actually pretty small.

USA soccer ended up winning! I purchased the AT TE. Instead of beer, I did pushups in between the completion of each bag. It was a great night.

See, I've been doing it wrong - I should take Lego to the gym with me... :P

I don't think they're scaled at all really

Just a what if scenario.

If you could see the next ten years of Star Wars Lego sets, would you want to?

Just a what if scenario.

If you could see the next ten years of Star Wars Lego sets, would you want to?

Yes! Lego is my primary hobby, so knowing what I should spend money on would help. In ten years, there's bound to be revisits on sets and characters and being able to pick and choose would go a long way.

I only want to see the sets from movies/shows that are already out. I don't want to see any sets from a future movie/TV season yet (until it releases, then I want to see all of the sets from it at once)

I'd definitely wanna see sets based on properties we already know, so I'd know whether there were updated versions in the near future... I'd be fine seeing new ships & probably most playsets for future movie/TV seasons, but not any spoilery minifigs. Just black 'em out on the images, like on those early ROTJ cards where the Ewoks on the back of the card were blacked out.