XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Hello all, I recently purchased some custom instructions and I want to buy all of the parts off brick link. It came with a list of parts but I struggle to upload them because the list is enormous. What is best way to upload the parts or would anyone be willing to make an XML. For me ???

I need HELP? with a MOC I am starting a small Hoth battle scene for my local LEGO fan group it going to be on a 16x32 base plate and i have no idea of parts i need, i have the figs and ships. If someone could give me a list of basic parts i could use that would be awesome. This will be my first MOC ever and will post it on Eurobricks when its finished.

I need HELP? with a MOC I am starting a small Hoth battle scene for my local LEGO fan group it going to be on a 16x32 base plate and i have no idea of parts i need, i have the figs and ships. If someone could give me a list of basic parts i could use that would be awesome. This will be my first MOC ever and will post it on Eurobricks when its finished.

Over here: http://www.bricklink...colorPart=1&v=3

Edited by HJR

All slopes, especially cheese slopes, are very useful.

You could also cover the plate with tiles, and though leave some studs as footprints.

Sketching it out in a program like LDD first will also let you get a parts list, and experiment a bit before dumping money into parts.

Sketching it out in a program like LDD first will also let you get a parts list, and experiment a bit before dumping money into parts.

:thumbup:

The May 4th figure - is it available in lego shops and shop@home or just shop@home?

Lego stores will have it.

After going to a Lego convention I have come back and a month later I gave my friends pieces back to him for a MOC. Now i found some stuff and my problem is that I only own 1 C3po from 10188 but I found his c3po as well they are barely different but I cannot tell which one came from 10188 and the one that came from a different set?

He bought it of BL so there is no way knowing which set is was from.

Edited by Balin

After going to a Lego convention I have come back and a month later I gave my friends pieces back to him for a MOC. Now i found some stuff and my problem is that I only own 1 C3po from 10188 but I found his c3po as well they are barely different but I cannot tell which one came from 10188 and the one that came from a different set?

He bought it of BL so there is no way knowing which set is was from.

Last time I checked the C3P0 from 10188 has lighter coloured hands, the lighter, almost tan colour 3P0 is from 7106, 4475, 7190, 4504, and 10144, the darker comes from 8129, 8092 and 10198.

Hi everyone,

I am writing this post because my mind is divided for some time and I am seeking for wise thoughts, I think you guys can help me (especially owners of these two sets)..

My dilemma is: I have the money to buy one these sets, but not both, and I'm wondering which one would be the best choice.

I have read reviews of both sets (10212 and 10240, great review this last one :thumbup: ) and I love them but I can't make my final choice..

One one hand, I also own 9493 X-wing, 9492 TIE, 9495 Y-wing and 75003 A-wing so the Shuttle, which is also minifigure-scaled would make a nice addition.

On the other hand, I love the Star Wars X-wing fighter and this UCS reproduction is a real beauty!

So which one should I get in your opinion?

Thanks for your help!

Ive got to recommend the Shuttle for several reasons. The sheer size of the shuttle is epic - especially when the wings are unfolded. The finish is so smooth and so accurate, it almost defies the fact that it is made of Lego. The minifigures look great inside, and the building techniques are very cool, and quite challenging - especially the wing construction.

The shuttle is also bound to only get more expensive, while the X wing is only just starting out - and perhaps liable to be discounted somewhere in the future.

If it is the kind of thing where you will be in the position to get the other later on and you would like to do so, then I too would recommend the shuttle now, as later on it will probably become too expensive in the after market...

The X-Wing on the other hand should be available for quite some time yet so the price will stay good and sales will probably crop up for it sooner or later even (personally I tend not to wait for those on my must have sets, although I probably should).

I didn't get the shuttle myself and have pangs of regret about it - but then I remind myself that I can't afford to get every set as I already buy perhaps too many every year;

So if you think it really will be one or the other then it's a little harder; that was the case for me so the X-Wing won out (I like the rawer looking ships with greebling) - Also to consider in this is that there is a fairly good chance at this stage there will be new UCS level Star Wars sets next year to consider as well - whether or not it will be one you'd consider is another matter...

Summary:

If you really are only going to get one of those two, my personal opinion is to get the X-Wing

If you see yourself in a position that you will want both sooner or later, then get the shuttle now as that is only going to get more costly to acquire later on

P.S. At this stage I have not had or seen either set built in the flesh.

P.P.S It may be worth noting that not many minifigs with the X-Wing whereas the Shuttle has quite a good selection imo if minifigs

Edited by Alternator

I'd get the shuttle while it's available. Plenty of time to get the X-Wing later.

I second that. Get the shuttle now - or you never will (as prices will probably skyrocket again). And buy the X-wing in a year or so, it should still be around by then. If you still really want it by then, I'm sure you can get the money for it.

I've had the shuttle for a couple of years & it's one of the best UCS sets that I've built. It's incredibly well finished and borders on looking like a model, rather than a Lego set if that makes any sense!!

The only down-sides I should mention are: the top wing does flex a bit, it's cream rather than white, it doesn't have a loading ramp and it's rather 'challenging' to dissasemble!! (the wings use lots of technic axles for stregnth and I had to resort to a Leatherman to remove them..... :look: )

I'd go with the shuttle while you can, the X-wing should be around for a couple of years.

I hope that this helps. Cheers, Robin :classic:

Thank you all for your replies,

Yeah the Shuttle is definitely growing on me for a few months now and I think I am going to go with this one, but as I live in France, I may have underestimated the difficulty of finding it for a decent price (that is to say under 300-350€)...

Anyway, you comforted me in my choice, I find it nice to see how well responding and helpful this community is.

Thanks again!

In the Star Wars forum, we place "Which set to buy?" questions in General Questions; merged.

Id say definitely the shuttle, but that is based on my own personal preferences. I prefer minifigure sized ships, XWing is bit too big for me even though it is a really well done set, the shuttle is not only huge in size, its close to minifig scale so fits with my system scale xwing, tie fighter etc as well as it is such an impressive model in itself. The build is absolutely awesome and if you build both left and right wings at the same time then its not repetitive at all. It is also more likely to just go up and up in price as I could imagine it being discontinued sort of soonish where the X Wing is only just released. Either way, the shuttle does not disappoint!

Well, i have a question that's not tied to LEGO SW exclusively:

Is there any 'how to open your LEGO boxes best' out there? I mean - should i use a knife or is there any other trick to keep the box in optimal shape? Usually the covers get some minor damage. There's just so much glue and sometimes i have to virtually force them open. However, i'd like to preserve them in best shape possible (i.e. good as new).

Well, i have a question that's not tied to LEGO SW exclusively:

Is there any 'how to open your LEGO boxes best' out there? I mean - should i use a knife or is there any other trick to keep the box in optimal shape? Usually the covers get some minor damage. There's just so much glue and sometimes i have to virtually force them open. However, i'd like to preserve them in best shape possible (i.e. good as new).

I just use a knife - an old X-Acto knife that's getting a little dull, but it does the job. Watch the angle of the blade so you don't slice right through one of the cardboard flaps instead of separating them.

I use a sharp knife, at least locally referred to as a Stanley knife (I think they pioneered a design that many others copied - it's basically a heavy duty case with retractable blade). Just wiggle it a bit hoping that the glue comes away from one side without taking too much cardboard from the other. I avoid breaking the perforated thumb tabs. The bigger boxes that fold open however, I don't have a "keep the box in as good a condition as possible" solution yet.

Of course, the ones with a plastic sticker seal I just slice the seal with a knife. Pretty sure that's what you're meant to do? I definitely don't try peeling the sticker off.