XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

29 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

I'm glad you did, you will definitely enjoy building it I'm sure! Not going to lie, I am very jealous ahaha. :laugh:

It's now my biggest set. (Previous was the TFA Falcon)

is it now a trend that LEGO makes the new sets shorter than were the old one???  like old and new advanced Tie Fighter and now also the Y wing.

54 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

is it now a trend that LEGO makes the new sets shorter than were the old one???  like old and new advanced Tie Fighter and now also the Y wing.

I don't really think so. But is the new Y-wing actually shorter than the 2012 one?

It's shorter than the 2007 at least, I sadly don't have the 2012 to compare though. The 2013 ISD is also smaller/shorter than it's previous version but tbh that's the only other set I can think of at the top of my head.

Quick question: I want to buy a $19.99 set for a kid.

Duel on Naboo is already owned.

Which is an easier build (I want to get the easier one): Yoda's Jedi Starfighter OR Luke's Landspeeder?

Landspeeder is definitely easier, but my 10 year old nephew had no problems with Yodas starfighter.

8 minutes ago, Flandy said:

Landspeeder is definitely easier, but my 10 year old nephew had no problems with Yodas starfighter.

Yeah I was eyeing landspeeder, because Yoda's JSF has several Technic stuff which my young friend is not good at. 

16 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I don't really think so. But is the new Y-wing actually shorter than the 2012 one?

yes it is, I can show a compare picture if you like

Did they ever produced dual molded arms and legs for a starwars mini-fig?

I may be wrong but I think they never did?

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Did they ever produced dual molded arms and legs for a starwars mini-fig?

I may be wrong but I think they never did?

I think they never did too.

Does anyone know what kind of "mines" Boba Fett's Slave I uses?  I have looked online and have found sites that say it has seismic charges and ones that say space mines.  So is it the latter, former, or are they the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by RAKRONDEWL

14 minutes ago, RAKRONDEWL said:

Does anyone know what kind of "mines" Boba Fett's Slave I uses?  I have looked online and have found sites that say it has seismic charges and ones that say orbital mines.  So is it the latter, former, or are they the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

I found seismic charge... do you mean this?

46 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I found seismic charge... do you mean this?

These are what Jango's Slave I used but Boba Fett's Slave I was rebuilt and I can't find any solid information on whether or not it uses these as well.  I think Boba Fett's Slave I may have used space mines in the EU but after the Attack of the Clones and Disney buying Lucas Films, the new cannon might suggest it uses the seismic charges but I can't find anything definite.  Maybe seismic charges are considered space mines?  All I know is that the Slave I has a minelayer and there are no illustrations of it.

This image has the mines listed as seismic charges in the information box (it doesn't really say whether it is Boba's Slave I though)  http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/09/Slave1TechPlate.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150825223957

This Link says minelayers use space mines http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Minelayer_(weapon_system)

Edited by RAKRONDEWL

Wanted to ask and see if I should pick up 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate. If Amazon sold it for less than MSRP like they usually do, I'd probably pick it up easily, but it seems to be exclusive to TRU/S@H and I've never seen it on sale.

4 hours ago, RAKRONDEWL said:

Does anyone know what kind of "mines" Boba Fett's Slave I uses?  I have looked online and have found sites that say it has seismic charges and ones that say space mines.  So is it the latter, former, or are they the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

What does that have to do with Lego?

2 hours ago, Yeow said:

Wanted to ask and see if I should pick up 75158 Rebel Combat Frigate. If Amazon sold it for less than MSRP like they usually do, I'd probably pick it up easily, but it seems to be exclusive to TRU/S@H and I've never seen it on sale.

It certainly is exclusive, and you probably won't see it on sale, sadly. Like many big Rebels sets there isn't much value for money at that price, but Ahsoka is $50 or so on BL so the question is "do you like the taste of bullets?" If so, bite it, if not, turn around and walk away.

Just now, Artanis I said:

What does that have to do with Lego?

I am modifying my UCS Slave I but I guess my question really wasn't LEGO related was it, sorry.

Ashoka is $50? That's insane. 

New Death Star Tarkin on the other hand I got for $30, that's twenty dollars cheaper obviously, and his set is several times more expensive then Ashoka's. Is this just demand? Because i'd be surprised if Tarkin is in less demand then Ashoka. 

In fact i've noticed that many of the Death Star exclusive figures range at about $30. Maybe i'm just looking at the cheapest ones out there but I find it strange anyone would pay that much. Of course if you're only buying the set for her and literally care for nothing else then I suppose fifty is better then one hundred and thirty. 

BTW sorry, thats by American currency. How very American centric of me. :blush:

Edited by Forresto

43 minutes ago, RAKRONDEWL said:

I am modifying my UCS Slave I but I guess my question really wasn't LEGO related was it, sorry.

Close enough...:wink:

30 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Ashoka is $50? That's insane. 

New Death Star Tarkin on the other hand I got for $30, that's twenty dollars cheaper obviously, and his set is several times more expensive then Ashoka's. Is this just demand? Because i'd be surprised if Tarkin is in less demand then Ashoka. 

In fact i've noticed that many of the Death Star exclusive figures range at about $30. Maybe i'm just looking at the cheapest ones out there but I find it strange anyone would pay that much. Of course if you're only buying the set for her and literally care for nothing else then I suppose fifty is better then one hundred and thirty. 

BTW sorry, thats by American currency. How very American centric of me. :blush:

Supply & demand. Not a lot of people are buying the set to part out / sell the minifigs, and not a lot of people are as interested in the set as they are in the Ahsoka minifig. I just checked and there are only 8 available on BL!

1 hour ago, Artanis I said:

It certainly is exclusive, and you probably won't see it on sale, sadly. Like many big Rebels sets there isn't much value for money at that price, but Ahsoka is $50 or so on BL so the question is "do you like the taste of bullets?" If so, bite it, if not, turn around and walk away.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll wait until May the 4th to order one from S&H to get whatever freebie they hand out this year, since I can get every other Star Wars set I want on sale from Amazon or elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Richpepperell said:

Not strictly star wars but might be if interest to users here... channel 4 in the UK are looking for Lego moc builders to be part of some sort of televised competition! http://www.channel4.com/programmes/take-part/articles/all/are-you-a-lego-obsessive/4990

I'm not going to take part, as my creations do not suffice against other's amazing creations. I will enjoy watching the program, though!

Just now, Ellisss_2 said:

I'm not going to take part, as my creations do not suffice against other's amazing creations. I will enjoy watching the program, though!

You're selling yourself short! Your creations are amazing :classic:

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

You're selling yourself short! Your creations are amazing :classic:

I'm glad you think so! :laugh: My main problem is that they are digital at the moment and I have few, with myself just getting back into Lego.