XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Unfortunately there aren't any astromech parts that remotely resemble a pink droid. You would have to apply a custom design

how can i buy a large number of clones cheaply? I need a lot for my mocs but battle packs seem quite pricey. is there a more efficient alternative.

how can i buy a large number of clones cheaply? I need a lot for my mocs but battle packs seem quite pricey. is there a more efficient alternative.

Admittedly, I've never tried to buy a large number of clones, so someone else might have a better answer, but I doubt you're going to find any reliably-available source of most minifigs that's has both high quantity and better cost efficiency than a BP currently in production (or select other sets, like '07's MTT). You can try Bricklink, but the vast majority of offerings aren't large quantities, so you'll be paying a lot of shipping charges. Depending on exactly which clones you want (it looks like you can get any of the vanilla clones for around $3-$4), it might be cheaper than buying sets, but it still won't beat the price per minifig of a hypothetical BP that had four of that minifig. The unfortunate reality is that you generally can't have "minifigs" and "lots" and "cheap" and "now" all at the same time.

I think your best bet would be to watch eBay for the lots of minifigs that pop up every now and then (or wait and hope that TLG releases BPs or sets more to your liking). Otherwise, you'll need to be patient and accumulate clones slowly from BL stores that are selling other things you also want. Or you can pay a little more; one seller on BL has 94 of the newer Ep. 2 clones for $6 each.

Well, it depends on the type of clone you want. Like Brickdoctor says, if the type you want is currently available in a battlepack, that's the cheapest way to get them. (Most battlepacks are ~$12 with ~4 minifigures, so that's ~$3 per minifigure.)

If the type you want isn't available in a current battlepack, then bricklink is the better choice, but like he says, the problem is generally the cheap ones there aren't available in high quantities, so you'll have to pay a lot of shipping, or pay a higher price, or just buy a few at a time from a store that has other stuff you want.

I just did a rudimentary search on bricklink, so I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate, but the only army-building type clones I saw in decent quantities for no more than $3 apiece were bomb squad troopers, airborne troopers, Kashyyyk clones, normal clones, and horn company troopers. I don't know where you live, how many troopers you want, what type of clone you want, what condition you want them in, or how much you're willing to spend, so I can't give you specific advice, so just do a search on Bricklink and see which ones are available cheaply that you want.

[snip]

Edited by Brickdoctor
Removed trade offer.

Just bought a 75015 Millennium Falcon. Looking for a similar-scaled (though not necessarily similar-sized) Dark Side/Empire/Bad Guy ship from Force Awakens or Original Trilogy to fight. Recommendations?

Just bought a 75015 Millennium Falcon. Looking for a similar-scaled (though not necessarily similar-sized) Dark Side/Empire/Bad Guy ship from Force Awakens or Original Trilogy to fight. Recommendations?

The closest thing I can think of is 75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, 75060 Slave 1 and any of the previous Slave 1 (Except for Jango's and the 1999 version)

Kylo Ren's shuttle with a wing mod to open them out like the movie makes for a pretty impressive ship. The shuttle tyderium 75094 is also really great, and if you shop around, you can find it relatively cheap these days. Get it before it's disscontinued!

^Yeah, shuttle Tyderium is great, would highly recommend. The only problem for your purposes is although it is an imperial ship, it comes with rebel soldiers, but if you have enough loose imperials for a crew then it's the best.

I think that the Microfighters TIE interceptor and TIE Advance Prototype is the closest scale with 75105 when compared to the real ships. Just modify both and make them looks less chibi to looks closer to the their real counterpart

I just finished gathering everything I need for the Super Star Destroyer from Bricklink, and am looking at the Death Star II next. A couple of questions, hopefully from people who have built and/or own 10143:

1. There are a few pieces that are ridiculously expensive because they have been in limited sets. Wondering what you think these replacements would do to the overall look of the model. I looked through the manual, and I think they would be ok, but would love to hear other opinions.

30364 Tan Hinge Brick 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger Vertical End (need 32 of them at about $8 ea) - How would yellow look? Or maybe white?

4592c05 Lever Small Base with Light Bluish Gray Lever (need 16 at about $4 ea) - The problem is the gray/gray. How would a gray base with a black handle look?

3937 Tan Hinge Brick 1 x 2 Base (need 16 at $3.25 ea) - What about yellow or white here?

2. Knowing there is a new Death Star coming out, I'm hesitating getting it at all. Looks like an awesome build though. It sounds like the new Death Star is going to be closer to a play set (like 10188). Any opinions?

Hi jsharp13, and welcome to Eurobricks!

You may find this thread of interest :wink:

If I recall correctly, you can't see the any of the Tan Hinges - I think I went for Grey and the black levers don't look too bad, but you might want to paint them (or have a look on Ebay where painted ones are often available). Personally I loved building it, and it looks amazing when complete, but it's very fragile! For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

Looking at Bricklinking a 10143 Death Star II. The 4592c05 (light bluish gray lever with light bluish gray base) are ridiculously priced. I am looking at painting some black levers, and am wondering what people have found that matches well.

I use Vallejo paints for my other modeling, and it looks like their Sky Grey is really close (RGB 155.161.161 v the Lego RGB 163.162.164). Has anyone had any experience with that color? Does it match pretty well? Any other suggestions?

jsharp13

when building mine i used the yellow connectors as they are for the ring around the centre so are not visible but infinitely cheaper.

As for the grey levers and bases, i went through bricklink and brickowl and brought any coloured base with the old light grey levers (i think the blue bases were the easiest), then found a seller that was selling the LBG bases without the lever then swaped the bases. It was a lot cheaper way of getting more or less the right colour and unless you are really up close and personal with the DS they just get lost in a huge sea of grey.

Also recommend going for DSG instead of Pearl Dark Grey technic beams for the stand (price again).

Edited by Bandit778

Anyone got some suggestions about regular, official parts to make a Nien Nunb figure? I've got Ten Numb's head, a pair of standard red legs, but I'm not too sure about the helmet and torso. Suggestions?

This is a weird question but if someone can, could they send me a picture of a minifig featuring the Weequay head with the Dengar torso and legs from set #75145?

I wonder when Lego will rerelease the Star Destroyer. Last one was in 2014, but that one is out of print and goes for $$$ on the bay.

I wonder when Lego will rerelease the Star Destroyer. Last one was in 2014, but that one is out of print and goes for $$$ on the bay.

There's no way to know. It could be 1 year or 5 years from now. I'm debating whether or not to get the 2014 version. I think it'll keep going up in value until a new one is released.

This is a bit of a daft question but I was just wondering...

With the release of the Lego Dimensions E.T. Pack in September, should we class the E.T. Minifigure as a Star Wars minifigure due to the inclusion of "E.T.s" in TPM?

What do people think?

I think not. That senator in TPM wasn't even given a name, as far as I know.

Besides, he started as E.T. first.