XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Something I had on my mind - how come they've never used the darker blue for lightsaber blades? I think it's more accurate than the light blue one.

Something I had on my mind - how come they've never used the darker blue for lightsaber blades? I think it's more accurate than the light blue one.

They look light blue to me.

media_5b816360-7e5e-11e5-a862-2916713ca3fb.gif

I found the star destroyer microfighter at a small store. Worth a buy?

If you're into imperials I would say yes depending on how much it is. Only downside is the officer has the old type of officer has. Lots of wedge pieces. Again price is a determining factor.

If you're into imperials I would say yes depending on how much it is. Only downside is the officer has the old type of officer has. Lots of wedge pieces. Again price is a determining factor.

I think it was $9.95

Edited by Juke

IMO, the darker trans blue wouldn't look as "glowy" or "lit-up" as the lighter blue. Think if TLG used the darker trans-green for green lightsabers. It would just be a bit dull compared to the light trans. The darker colors would convey more solidity than energy. Again, this is all IMO.

One more IMO for the road: I personally think the lighter trans-blue is more accurate as well.

Edit: On second thought, the dark blue is more accurate to the Prequels & TFA, and the light blue is more accurate to the OT, IMO. But keep in mind that lightsabers are white blades with colored auras, meaning they're more light than not.

I found the star destroyer microfighter at a small store. Worth a buy?

Personally, I would go for it because of the Imperial. But that's just me.

Edited by Junior Shark

So I've acquired a few of this year's sets, one of the Battlefront BPs, the small Hoth set, and the new Jedi Interceptor. And in the back of the instructions for each of them, there's an advertisment for the Force Battler app, which depicts a model of Anakin's interceptor being assembled, but the model is clearly a yellow version of the new 75135 version of the ship.

Does this mean we're going to get a yellow version of it at some point soonish, packed with a Vulture Droid like the original model or something, or is it just them using the yellow one because Anakin's more popular with kids that watch the TV shows?

I wondered that, too... I get why they use the light blue, for more of the 'light glow' effect, but I love the way the dark blue bars look. Same with the trans-bright green they've been using lately, as opposed to the trans-neon green they stopped using for SW in 2011 (which is a bit too yellow for my taste... if they made one of those in 3L, tho, it'd be perfect for Ahsoka's shoto saber during the Clone Wars, since it was yellowish-green!)

They look light blue to me.

...they do, but look at Vader's, too... trans-red is too dark in that case! :laugh:

Here is a pic of what he's talking about.

IMG_1948.jpg

Based on the pieces by the hand and the stickered piece just above the knuckle on the hand it does look a yellowed version of 75135.

That picture is what got me started on my variant colors for 75135. So far I have a dark red (Obi Wan), yellow (Anakin), green (Anakin), blue/white(Obi Wan), Orange/Red (Ashoka), Purple (Mace Windu) and Black (Vader)

I was curious so I downloaded the app. You can indeed build a yellow version of the 75135 in the app. Its pretty cool. you can come with some crazy combinations. I started out with Tie fighter core and built a pretty cool ship using the app.

The Ion Cannons are the proof: They have cones on the end, which 75135 has.

I'd like to see a yellow version, but it would likely only be part of a larger set, since we've already got an individual version this year. Maybe just with more minifigs?

75038 was just out like a year ago. I seriously doubt we'll be seeing another yellow version soon. You might still find them in shops if you're lucky.

The Ion Cannons are the proof: They have cones on the end, which 75135 has.

I'd like to see a yellow version, but it would likely only be part of a larger set, since we've already got an individual version this year. Maybe just with more minifigs?

Heres a copy of my multi colored Interceptor fleet made from 75135 including my yellow one. All have been modded to fix the cockpit, covered the technic holes in the front and wedge modifications and engine extensions. They all have custom stickers made my me as well. The purle and orange one are just waiting on wings to finish them off.

bcc26826-9ad5-4fd8-836a-5558b9e36931.jpg

Edited by carnage717

Yeah the blue colour is different depending on the source material. Luke's blue is very white looking, but in the animated series the colour is very full. I think medium or dark blues are more suitable for some other characters though. The update with the green was an improvement.

And it's interesting that the source OT red is also very white, yet we get normal red Lego parts.

75038 was just out like a year ago. I seriously doubt we'll be seeing another yellow version soon. You might still find them in shops if you're lucky.

Oh, I already have one, I just wouldn't mind seeing it in the same style as 75135.

Perhaps a larger one based on the Battle of Coruscant? Anakin's interceptor, a Vulture, and has Anakin, Dooku, Palpatine, R2, and maybe Dooku's B2 bodyguards or a Buzz Droid.

Recently, I've been modifying my 75039 V-Wing, starting with removing the dark tan and earth blue from its underside, and the trans-red from its guns, then moving on to replace the stickered round tiles with the printed ones from the original set, make the landing gear longer, the engine block bigger, and removing the spring shooters to provide a more curved underside and some way for the landing gear to be hidden.

However, the wings are giving me a little trouble. As this handy Battlefront II screenshot shows, the wings of the ship sort of scissor together, rather than the whole wing structure rotating, or the wings themselves folding flat like the Eta-2.

06762302-photo-maps-espace-assault.jpg

(Note to self, make top fins longer)

I want to accomplish this on the model, or something close enough to it. However, while this would be very easy with just some hinges and the repositioning of the guns, I also want to preserve the angle of the wings, with all four of them bent inwards. Are there any techniques that can be done on a model of this scale, or do I have to choose one or the other?

While it looks pretty cool the wings don't actually scissor in the movie, they rotate and function as landing gear. I do think the BF version looks better though. However, both versions of the wings in landed mode would be fairly hard to reproduce in minifig scale.

Here's a picture from the movie with v-wings in the background, http://imgur.com/BtoI4S8 .

Edited by khatmorg

While it looks pretty cool the wings don't actually scissor in the movie, they rotate and function as landing gear. I do think the BF version looks better though. However, both versions of the wings in landed mode would be fairly hard to reproduce in minifig scale.

Here's a picture from the movie with v-wings in the background, http://imgur.com/BtoI4S8 .

Huh, that's interesting, and kinda similar to the Imperial V-Wing set, actually. However, following that example would be a pain to mount the guns.

Interestingly, pretty much every piece of V-Wing merch except the LEGO models follows the BFII design, if the wings are articulated.

Wow, I've never noticed the V-Wings in that scene before! They can also be seen near the end of the film when Palpatine's shuttle lands at the medical tower - you even see the wings rotate for landing.

THis is what happens when TCW writers decide to make a new version of the Z-95 instead of using the fighters that were already created.

I think I'll stick with aiming for the Battlefront version, though, so I'm still looking for a way to replicate it.

Nobody here can pretend to know TLGs plans very far in advance. Even if they do know, they won't tell because TLG is very protective of it's marketing and set design strategy. Like lawsuit type protective. :wink:

At what point is it cost-effective to BrickLink a set? I'm interested in getting the 7679-1 Republic Fighter Tank. What's the best way to crunch the numbers? Is Rebrickable effective?

THis is what happens when TCW writers decide to make a new version of the Z-95 instead of using the fighters that were already created.

I think I'll stick with aiming for the Battlefront version, though, so I'm still looking for a way to replicate it.

They wanted to use Z-95s since there were EU fans on the crew, and in the audience... we'd always been told Z-95s were precursors to X-wings (and McQuarrie X-wings were often used to depict Z-95s in the EU), yet all the films had given us were ARC-170s which, while related to X-wings, weren't really the same... so along comes the new Z-95 that, coupled with the ARC-170, make for a nice range of ships to evolve into the X-wing.

They could've used V-wings, sure, but bringing in a new ship (and merchandise-wise, new toys!) was the way they went instead. Had the series continued thru to Season 8 as planned, we may've seen V-wings used as well as it would've been even closer to the time of ROTS, and ROTS is the only place we saw V-wings.