XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I'm trying to get hold of a few of the imperial officer caps from 75055 imperial start destroyer - part no 6080360. I've tried bricklink and fleabay but no joy. Anybody know anyone with a few for sale? It's easy to get the tan 'rebels' version and I guess the black one will be easy to get too due to the battle pack, but there don't seem to be any dark bluish grey ones anywhere!

I have a couple of those caps from the Build a Minifigure at LEGO stores. Haven't got any officers yet but I hope to get the battlepack and match up the men with the hats.

I'm trying to get hold of a few of the imperial officer caps from 75055 imperial start destroyer - part no 6080360. I've tried bricklink and fleabay but no joy. Anybody know anyone with a few for sale? It's easy to get the tan 'rebels' version and I guess the black one will be easy to get too due to the battle pack, but there don't seem to be any dark bluish grey ones anywhere!

That's another reason I wish the Lego group would quit making the dark-tan Imperials in the Rebels sets... we need more dark bley caps! I snagged one on Bricklink for $2 a couple months ago...so one officer at least has a nice hat.

Hi everyone,

Is the Ewok Village (10236) UCS? Sometimes the set is listed as USC (lego.wikia.com) but i think it's not UCS. Can anyone confirm this?

Hello everyone,

I've been on ebay lately and have noticed some pretty good deals and some not so good. Well today, I stumbled upon the Endor bunker set for $39.99 US. (plus $10.00 shipping). Sounds great right? well the catch is, that it does not come with the minifgures, the ewok glider fabric, speeder bikes, or catapult. I had an impulse buy, I spent like $50.00, and all I got was the complete bunker and AT-ST.

So my question is, did I get a great deal or not? what's your thoughts?

Meh, I wouldn't say a great deal, but not terrible either. Did you get the instruction booklet? Just curious.

Looking at the Brickset photo of 8038, it looks like you got roughly half of the set for half of the original RRP of $99.99. When I say 'half' I'm speaking from a value standpoint not piece count, btw. The minifigs and the AT-ST are the highlights of this set, and you got one of them.

That's pretty common for EBay and there's nothing wrong with it, granted you have a plan. Are you just in need of parts? Do you plan to buy the minis separately? Ultimately it depends on your goal.

I've purchased numerous sets without minis because I want the parts. I generally try to shoot for $0.05-$0.07 per brick if possible.

That's another reason I wish the Lego group would quit making the dark-tan Imperials in the Rebels sets... we need more dark bley caps! I snagged one on Bricklink for $2 a couple months ago...so one officer at least has a nice hat.

Just make some ranking in your imperial forces, the dark-tan guys can be the low ranking officers (or the ground troop officers etc..)

Brickset seems to have them in stock for $0.60. http://brickset.com/parts/6080360

Hi, some weeks ago I bought a huge bundle of figures which included a minifigure which I have not been able to identify, not even with the character encyclopedia. I am not able to upload the image, because it's too big, I' ll try later to reduce the size.

But for the moment, it is an R2 unit with copper head and white body with dark green details... Any tip?

Hi

The only cooper dome for R2 unit was this one http://alpha.brickli...4&O={"color":84} it was in set 7661 without robot body so I think someone connected this R2 dome with completely random R2 body. Probably judging from your description with this robot body http://alpha.brickli...=1&O={"color":1} this is one which I found with dark green details.

Edited by Hygrotus

It does come with instruct booklet, and he offered the box for extra shipping. I know I got half the value by not getting the figs, and that doesn't bother me. The only exclusive in the set was Leia, I have all the other complimentary figs. Plus I plan on buying the imperial shuttle, which will give me the whole rebel crew with upgraded Han and Leia.

I was never impressed with the AT-ST, but maybe I will change my mind when I get it. I think the bunker was the focal point of the set, and would cost even more to buy the pieces separately. I think it was a good deal since I got 70% of a retired set for half off. I like minifigs, but think how much more money you spend just trying to obtain those, it's not worth it. Minifigs are constantly being updated, so there's always a chance of getting them later with upgraded designs.

I would say that your purchase was worth it if you wanted the playset. You didn't get a huge bargain, but the bunker and the AT-ST are the central pieces of the set, and they are worth about $50-$60 IMO. It would have cost you $55 + shipping in Bricklink for the same purchase.

Hi Ketekno, and welcome to Eurobricks!

You can host the image on another website (e.g. flickr or Brickshelf) and then embed the image if that's easier.

For future reference there's a Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

Hi DonRelicbane, and welcome to Eurobricks!

That's a very good question, and I'm sure that you'll get a variety of answers! In my opinion 10236 is a nice set (apart from the ewoks!) but it isn't a UCS. Generally for me, the set either has to be an accurate replica of the original ship etc (e.g. 10240 UCS X-Wing or 75059 Sandcrawler) or one of the earlier 'bust' types (e.g. Yoda and Darth Maul). For future reference there's a Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

Hi Smitty500, I don't think this needs a dedicated thread, so I'll merge it in a bit with the general Q&A one pinned to the top of the forum :classic:

Has anyone seen any decent TFA Luke Skywalker customs? Not looking to print decals or anything... Just using existing parts.

It's tricky, since Luke's robes are a bit unusual... they're mostly white (or slightly off-white) with some tan/dark-tan strips over the front, so using white arms seems the best bet. For torsos, it's trickier... there's a Sensei Wu from Ninjago with a tan 'vest' over his white shirt, but there's that yellow neck area to deal with (and the symbols, of course). That's the closest I can think of short of just using an AOTC Obi-Wan torso (all-tan, as opposed to the others with darker undershirts). White legs (maybe the ones from the Wu figure I mentioned), or another way to go is maybe use TCW Mace Windu's torso (not the arms) and legs (which have dark tan robes on white legs), but again you've got the neck area...and adding an extra beard to hide it would probably be overkill.

For the head, there's Old Obi-Wan or Dori the dwarf from The Hobbit that look kinda decent, maybe Theoden (tho his beard's more of a goatee)... then the tousled mid-length dark tan hair, or a dark bley hood, and a dark bley cape. One light flesh hand, one dark bley hand...

Hi DonRelicbane, and welcome to Eurobricks!

That's a very good question, and I'm sure that you'll get a variety of answers! In my opinion 10236 is a nice set (apart from the ewoks!) but it isn't a UCS. Generally for me, the set either has to be an accurate replica of the original ship etc (e.g. 10240 UCS X-Wing or 75059 Sandcrawler) or one of the earlier 'bust' types (e.g. Yoda and Darth Maul). For future reference there's a Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

UCS = not fun to play with :P

Seriously, I think of a UCS set as something more for display than play. They're usually very detailed and accurate with more emphasis on aesthetics than function. Therefore I don't consider Ewok Village or the Death Star a UCS set. Just my opinion

Also Amazon have £10 off a £50 spend today only with code BIGTHANKS.

Can pick up the resistance transporter (75140) for £47 for example.

Hey guys, my first post here, I'd like to know, when does LEGO usually announce the new UCS sets ? I heard we are getting a new UCS snowspeeder and I love this vehicle.