XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Luke's ship had the grey markings in Empire. One of the other Snowspeeders was the orange (Wedge I believe?). So they are both accurate. We tend to remember the orange one best because we got the best beauty shots of it as Wedge was searching for Han and Luke after the Wampa.

It was Rogue 2, Zev Senesca, not Wedge, who found Han & Luke after the Wampa encounter... :tongue: Wedge was Rogue 3, and took down an AT-AT with the tow cable. I think both guys had orange markings on their speeders.

Pros:

- slightly larger (about 2 studs longer and 2 studs wider)

- a couple of new(er) interesting pieces

- cockpit is better than the original (but similar to the more recent releases)

- the tow cable can actually fire! (uses the new pistol from the recent battlepacks). The original didn't have the tow cable at all, btw

- 'better' minifigs. The new model comes with Luke, Dak, and Snow Trooper, all new versions with this wave as far as I can tell. Luke and Dak have back/leg printing and double sided faces (Luke has printed visor down and up, Dak has a smile and a frown with visor down on both sides). The Snow Trooper has a printed flesh head, cloth kama, back printing (but no leg printing), new helm mold (without backpack), brick-built backpack (with printed tile), and brick-built heavy blaster (slightly new build, sturdier). I know 'fleshies' are heresy to some, but I like them.

- new spring loaded missiles underneath (I know these aren't everyone's favorite though, so feel free to move this to the 'Cons')

Cons:

- stickers. Only printed piece is the Snow Trooper 'backpack', everything else is a sticker. That being said, the two console stickers are much more 'movie accurate'

- no orange. I do kind of miss the orange, which was so prevalent in the early models (including the UCS set)

I will try to get the battle of Hoth because the snowspeeder is almost the same size as the 1999 version

If i can't find this set I'll buy the new one

Thanks once again for the pics and small review :thumbup:

Seems I may as well buy this new Snowspeeder, looks pretty good!

Just another question, is the new Stormtrooper worth army building?

Wow seeing the comparison snowspeeders makes the new Snowspeeder a day 1 purchase! Never owned one and Hoth is one of my favorite battle sites from OT.

Does anybody know a good site to buy retired Lego Star Wars sets? I'm looking into buying the best sets that I missed out on.

I picked up collecting UCS in 2011 but did not seriously commit until about a year ago. I have almost all of them now with just over $2600 total invested. Brickpicker has my collection valued at just under $3100. If you are patient and want to stalk ebay for 24 hour listings or good BIN listings while dodging guys who try to bid up their auctions you should pick them up at a fair price. My AT-ST was bought for $99 NISB because the picture on the listing was wrong, I took a chance and won it on a single bid... It is easy to get frustrated when looking for these retired sets butnot impossible, unless your looking for the 10179 :laugh_hard:

Buy the parts. The 75014 version of the viper probe droid is a lot better than 7666, though. It's much more accurate - rewatch the movie or check out some photos.

After building them, I agree. The 75014 set looks much better. The only "issue" I see with it is the use of dark bley 2x2 round plates in the center. When I went and purchased a bunch of parts from Pick-a-Brick, I bought black variants of that piece. Got enough parts coming in to build me 5 more of those. When they get here in October, they'll look nice in my growing Hoth scene. (I'm still really irked that it takes so long to get the pieces from Pick-a-Brick. Had I known it would take months to get the pieces instead of a week or so like for full sets, I'd have just bit the bullet and done a bunch of purchasing from BrickLink. Lesson learned though).

I've never had anything from PAB take that long. You make someone mad?

Heh. I don't know. I made the purchase about 10 days ago, and at the time it said that the produce would be delivered within 3-45 business days as the products are all coming from their central manufacturer in Europe. Right now, both of my PAB orders are still "In Process" and there's been no change. I don't really know what's up with it and can't really understand why they don't have stock "on-shore" that they can pull from. How do the LEGO Stores get their PAB selections?

Um, all online PAB orders come from Europe. I believe they are filled in Poland. BNP orders are filled in Denmark.

Lego Stores order PAB selections from an even smaller selection than we get online. Some they carry because they have to, the rest the manager gets to choose. It's why each store's PAB wall has a different selection. Whatever they order, they get thousands of that brick and restock the buckets several times before they need to make a new order.

The distribution center down in Mississippi has full sets, not bricks. The sets are all packaged in Europe, IIRC, even though individual bricks are made in many different countries around the world.

Not too sure if this the right place to ask this.

Does anyone know where I could find 7283 instructions or instructions for the older type (7256/7283) vulture droids.

For anyone that has the set Super Star Destroyer (10221), can you tell me if the minifigs are split up in separate bags or if they are all in one bag?

For anyone that has the set Super Star Destroyer (10221), can you tell me if the minifigs are split up in separate bags or if they are all in one bag?

I don't recall off-hand, but you can always go to the Lego website and look at the instructions online. This will show you what bag(s) the minifigs are in.

I'm pretty sure they are in the first bag but I also think that you should look at the instructions. Why is that important for you?

Dear SW fanatics, may I steal a moment of your time? Thanks.

I'm a big SW fan myself, and a Lego fan as well (duh), but strangely enough I have no interest in combining the two whatsoever. In my collection are some SW figs and bits 'n bobs which I have no use for and I wanna give them a new home. Now my question to you all is; how much should I sell it for? And where should I put this lot up (Just on E-bay (or in my case, its Dutch counterpart), is there a place specialized in secondhand SW Lego? etc)? I have no interest in opening a BL shop btw, don't have the room or time for that.

Just to clarify: I'm not asking for a max price, I wanna know a fair price. This hobby is expensive enough as it is, and I don't wanna rip off my fellow afols, but I do need some funds myself for a new project.

Shaak Ti and Merry X-Maul (PWAHA, laughing at own joke) come with capes, and one trooper torso and one rebel scout helmet are a little discolored.

lgyy8Ph.jpg

Thanks in advance! Could really use your expertise!

[EDIT] Whoops! Just noticed this should probably be in the general SW questions section! Please move it if you see fit, dear admins

Edited by Bennemans

Well I think BL is the best for all these individual pieces, but you could always do a bulk lot or something on ebay. Not sure about the prices, you'll have to see the individual values of everything

Hi Bennemans, I've just merged your new thread into the main SW Q&A. As it's such a mixed lot I'd suggest Ebay; have a look at the 'completed' auctions and it should give you a reasonable indication of the value :classic:

Hi Bennemans, I've just merged your new thread into the main SW Q&A. As it's such a mixed lot I'd suggest Ebay; have a look at the 'completed' auctions and it should give you a reasonable indication of the value :classic:

Thanks! Comparing lots on ebay and looking up all the (lowest) prices for the parts on BL I come to an amount of around 50 euros (67 USD, 40 GBP). Would you guys say thats a fair price? I'd think so, seeing as you couldn't buy it for less on BL, right? Sorry to keep pestering you guys, but you're the experts here :tongue::wink:

(the weapons and parts don't contribute much to the amount, btw. Most value is found in the figs, fig-parts and droids of course)

Would you guys say thats a fair price?

I don't know, £40 seems a little steep, though the old RotS clones and Shadowtrooper probable make up for that.

Hello,

Hoping someone who already owns the Imperial Star Destroyer 10030 set can assist me here.

I've recently purchased this set (outer box opened, 4 inner boxes sealed) and was fully aware that the outer box was unsealed. I had a quick look through the box and while the manual wasn't in a plastic sleeve, the remaining 4 internal boxes were still sealed and everything seemed to be in good condition.

Now, I haven't quite decided whether or not I'll build or retain it for a possible future sale but I wanted to ensure that the sticker was also included - presumably in one of the sealed boxes.

A couple of the other UCS sets I have purchased always had the sticker in amongst the instruction manual inside the plastic sleeve.

As I can't see the sticker I'm assuming it is in one of the other 4 boxes - can anyone who has purchased and built this set kindly confirm for me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi killiandros, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Hopefully one of the members can help with your question; personally I haven't owned a 10030 but all of the other UCS sets I've owned had the sticker loose inside the box. If it has been lost, and you want a copy here's a good quality scan:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ka5z2zb59x8fb9g/1yLUlUAnPM

For future reference we have a general Q&A thread pinned at the top of this forum, I'll merge this to it in a bit :classic:

i opened mine quite some time back, but as I recall, the sticker should be with the manual as well, and NOT in the other sealed boxes. Maybe someone else would like to confirm this?