Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

22 minutes left! I may try to upload some clips, don't worry!

Review coming soon!

Thanks! A brief summary would be really nice if you included it in the review, with spoiler tags of course. Too bad you won't post the full episode, though :(

I know of several users on here who are under-aged who know how to behave themselves (for a very short time, even I was). They either kept their age a secret, or were approved by mods for showing satisfactory behavior. I, personally, would consider NinjaJayNuva to be satisfactory. :thumbup:

Looking forward to some sneak peeks, NJN.

Oops, I joined when I was 16 and a half... :look: Ah well, I'm an adult now. :classic:

How many episodes aired, Jay?

Sorry for some delay!

But here we go!

The episode is pure awesomeness! The episode start with the ninja fighting skeletons ( no golden weapons ) and was later revealed that they are filming a commercial or something to promote reading. Than,when they leave the studio, they were surrounded by fangirls . They now need to attend TV shows, visiting hospital of sick kids ( hmm, sound familiar, I smell Chris Pratt... )

And than Sensei found out Clouse (who now is a ghost ) was in stixx. Clouse find the teapot of Tyrahn and released Nadakhan. Nadakhan gives Clouse 3 wishes and Clouse was at last trapped in the teapot of Tyrahn as he was tricked by Nadakhan. Nadakhan learn that his crew was trapped in other realms so he framed the ninja.

Last part of the episode is that Wu was investigating about Nadakhan and then met Nadakhan.

An super amazing episode, look forward to tomorrow 's episode 56 public enemy number one!

So are you getting the entire season in one lump in Hong Kong

It airs every weekend, at least I think, tomorrow is episode 56.

English version? Already? :classic: I'll post my thoughts in detail later. Nadahkhan is interesting (if stereotypical), everything else was meh for the most part.

Wow, Twitter and Make a Wish exist in Ninjago. How about that. The fact they've got a lot of fans is kinda annoying as is the whole female ninja thing. Purple Ninja bit was cute.

Edited by CM4Sci

Hmm, so if Soto and his pirates were around 200 years before the Ninja (assuming Ep 15 hasn't been retconed) and they were around near the end of the Stone Wars, then I guess that clears up the timeline a little more. The world of Ninjago seems to be getting younger and younger every year.

Poor Nya can't use airjitzu yet and there is no indication she has mastered spinjintzu already... although she has mastered her water elemental powers I think she has a lot of catching up to do.

Rather nice, don't like the way Nya handled the admittedly and sadly realistic way she's treated and Clouse becomes 500% stupider than he was originally. Who searches for a genie without a well-written, un-loophole-able list of wishes? Being double-crossed like that is predictable. And if you want something from a genie, wouldn't it be a good idea to first get on their good side by asking what they want and offering to perform a service for them as well? Also, with how much random chaos and random powered beings have wandered around Ninjago and caused mayhem, wouldn't random damage be filed under the police's "this month's attempt at world domination" folder?

Edited by DraikNova

Well...that was unexpected.

The writers really handled the love triangle well, ending it while making it awkward with all the magazines and TV shows. Obviously we now know why Cole has "no future" last season, and the fact that Jay knows he's going to end up with Nya but is too scared to admit it is an interesting dynamic. I do feel like Cole turning invisible was written in because too many fans were scared that Cole might actually have no future, but it was still a nice touch.

Look...the love triangle was bad to begin with. It divided a fanbase comprised of young children, and it really caused some...how can I say this...chaos?

https://community.le...b/td-p/13433053

https://community.le...t/td-p/13449810

https://community.le...h/td-p/12457700

Maybe it brought tweenage girls into the fanbase, but it's detrimental to make seven-year old boys argue with 12-year old girls. I hope that this time, the triangle is gone for good. :tongue:

I've been critical of how the seasons reuse plot points and the way Garmadon has, in one way or another, "died" in EVERY SEASON (In season three, he fell off a cliff, but he appeared less than a minute later to prove that he can't stay smashed...), but I like where the Hagemann brothers have taken the Series. The ending may have been spoiled by the episode 56 footage from Comic Con, but I enjoyed watching the episode nonetheless.

EDIT: Love, not lover. This is awkward. :tongue:

Edited by Starrocks923

Overall the episode was a nice opener; it didn't pack quite of a punch as the fantastic Possession opener what with all the rim wasted with ninja celebrity antics, but it was quite good and I really like Nadakhan's voice (as well as all the other voices Scott McNeil does). Nadakhan is already shaping up to be a fun and enigmatic villain, and I love how he already showed how smart and... Not... whiny he is, especially after Morro and Chen. The presence of the Make a Wish Foundation is odd as it actually exists, and unlike Twitter where they used a different word, they used its exact name. Perhaps it was to offer a parallel to Nadakhan's wish-centered character. Having a villain who grants any three wishes is pretty interesting, given how Nadakhan always twists these wishes to his advantage. Wonder why no one just wishes him to go back to his lantern...

On a different note, I really don't like how she's being handled this season... Didn't we already get over the fact that she's as good as the guys? I guess I just want more character development from her like in Possession...

Edited by legozebra

The HD version in English is definitely on Youtube right now, so check it out!

This is the first time I've seen the first episodes of a season be in HD and not out of a TV with a flimsy camera. So, nice work on that!

And now for my thoughts (obviously episode spoilers)

Hmm, spoiler tags don't seem to work, so... be warned!!

+

I liked the interaction between the characters, and I was surprised the tri-thing was actually handled decently.

I was surprised at how the skeletons were actually actors. I knew Samukai wouldn't go down that easily!

I liked how you could see the life in the city as well, with them blending into graffiti, and traversing the roofs.

I liked the animation. It looks slightly improved from last season. The visuals are great as well.

I liked Nadakhan. I can tell i'll already like him this season. He's got a unique personality.

_

I didn't like how Nya handled her "female ninja thing", and how she missed Misako's advice by a mile.

I didn't like how all of a sudden, Dareth turns into the generic commercial guy.

I didn't like how the ninja got their airjitzu gi out of nowhere, I don't like how a lot of the time, they are not shown transitioning their suits. I wanted to see the old ones...

... And, besides those nitpicks, this is definitely a solid episode. I give it a high score.

Edited by gamejutzu

That episode wasn't bad at all. I really enjoy the ninja having 6 members, how they handled the love triangle, and the ninja getting fame. I'm really liking ghost Cole, they're handling his character well. Nadakhan has potential to be a great villain, I just need to see how his character develops. Now, if only there was a purple ninja...

Edited by amazingbricks

I just watched episode 56 public enemy number one. I'll do a review later, but here goes some spoilers.

Cryptor and the nindroids are back in white.

Wu is trapped in the teapot of Tyrahn.

Ronin betrayed the ninja.

The ninja returned to the monastery of spinjitzu.

I'm trying to upload it, but it takes time.

I noticed that the blurry cam job of part 1 is up on your channel... Any ETA on the HD version? Thanks!

Edited by legozebra

Someone else uploaded it first, though his recording wasn't HD. :(

I must say, Ronin really stood out here. He isn't even portrayed as a "villain"-I was rooting for him the entire time. Seeing an actual Bounty Hunter in Ninjago really made the episode that much better.

I could of sworn that Jay announced to everyone what he saw in the mirror, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. And why does he keep talking about his future with Nya when she's only a few yards away? Trust me, that never works. Regardless, putting Jay and Nya next to each other in the opening credits is a nice touch.