Sign in to follow this  
jluck

Member Random Act of Kindness

I just wanted to take a moment to publicly thank one of our member for showing me some incredible kindness. Several weeks ago I had posted that I have enjoyed the CMF series' but that due to some financial troubles I'd likely only be able to pick up a couple of my favorites. A few days layer, a member PM me saying he'd read my post and that he wanted to send me the S11 figure of my choice. I responded that I lived in the US while he lived in the UK so shipping would be a bit. He stated he didn't care and shipped me the figure as soon as he got some, and he covered all costs including shipping. A few days ago, I received the Gingerbread Man.

I was never expecting someone to go so far out of their way, and this act of kindness amazed me!

I will not mention him by name for his privacy, but he knows who he is so if he doesn't mind me saying I'd be happy to recognize him by name. But in the meantime, thank you! You've reminded me of how great people can be!

9648091591_e9c68d987c.jpg

Edit: making mention that he covered shipping as well as the figure, making the figure cost free for me.

Edited by jluckhaupt

Same thing happened to me with the two UK-exclusive Toy Story polybags. An EBer from the UK offered and sent me both of them for free out of kindness back in 2010! I guess I wont reveal his name for privacy, but things like this make me love this site and the members! :classic:

That's such an awesome story! This is one of the many reasons I love this community. :classic:

Thank you for sharing this story with us. It's indeed very meaningful and happy to know that people in our community truly care and helpful to one another. :sweet:

This a lovely story I live in the UK as well, what A brilliant member to do that, the EB community is so nice :classic:

Ah! That's great of him! I remember a few months back, I was having trouble finding a solution to making a purist Red Skull and another member shipped me a Christo Red Skull for free...

Thats so cool! I was selling a UCS ATST a few years ago without box, and another member sent me their box at no cost so I would get more money for the sale - just blew me away how generous that was!

Edited by harmacy

:wub: If there was a like button, I would click it. :classic: What an incredible story! This brightened up my morning! :thumbup: