ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I think he is talking about a Nocturnus Index, which would be nice for each Guild, something like this:

Section 1. Inhabitants (Members of the Guild)

Section 2. Land marks and Cities

Section 3. Bestiary (all creatures of that Guild)

Section 4. History

P.S. When I wrote He, Blufiji, I meant you, but my post went to the first post on the next page.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Dr Rod lives in the Northern Rakath Mtns, aptly named as "Rod's Peaks" funnily enough :) He is a human alchemist, exiled from Avalonia many years ago for allegedly nefarious experiments..

There is also the North Rakath trading company, but I don't remember if I ever named them anywhere in a MOC etc, they mostly trade out of Port Wrath.

Dr Rod

I'm not sure what you mean; our sigfigs (or secondary characters too)? And by faction, do you mean something along the lines of "the Order of [...]", "member of the [...] Alliance" and "Leader of the [...] Tribe"?

I would be helpful to keep track of these for sure!

Pretty much this:

(me) Gal Turok Leader of the Goblins.

Just would be helpful to know whose who. weve gotten alot of new members and it's a bit to keep up with it.

I think he's talking about a Nocturnus Index, which would be nice for each Guild, something like this:

Section 1. Inhabitants (Members of the Guild)

Section 2. Land marks and Cities

Section 3. Bestiary (all creatures of that Guild)

Section 4. History

Detailed version of my idea.

Pretty much this:

(me) Gal Turok Leader of the Goblins.

Just would be helpful to know whose who. weve gotten alot of new members and it's a bit to keep up with it.

Detailed version of my idea.

We're becoming slightly more and more Avalonian. But if that means more guild organisation I'm in.

We're becoming slightly more and more Avalonian. But if that means more guild organisation I'm in.

That definitely wasn't the intention, just trying to see who's where seeing as we have a challenge coming up. We can drop this whole thing if we are getting to close to Avalonia haha.

Impossible! Any trees you try and hug will most likely stab you or eat you!

We'll sent you some trees of ours to solve that problem! And be honored, we don't dispatch trees easily! :laugh:

Edited by TitusV

Hello guys,

As you might have noticed already, I updated my signature with new(er) MOCs, but importantly, a few links at the bottom... They all lead to fun stuff :wink:

I am glad to announce that I have made the Onicius prologue a lot more reader-friendly. You can now click to the next part at the bottom of every page, the images are no longer massive and I edited quite a few of them, so now they look a lot nicer as well. :classic: In short: if you haven't read it yet, you didn't know where to start, or if you simply wan't to check out what's new, just click the link!

I don't think we're becoming Avalonia, I think it's are Guild is growing and some parts of Nocturnus are becoming more civilized.

Dr Rod has been an exiled Avalonian since I joined Nocturnus.. Over four years ago.. He does live on the edge of Nocturnus though..

Dr Rod

That definitely wasn't the intention, just trying to see who's where seeing as we have a challenge coming up. We can drop this whole thing if we are getting to close to Avalonia haha.

Dr Rod has been an exiled Avalonian since I joined Nocturnus.. Over four years ago.. He does live on the edge of Nocturnus though..

Dr Rod

Haha wasn't meant too serious. I appreciate any update on our guild thread. The big advantage of Nocturnus may be the endless possibilities to create characters and civilisations of great diversity. But that makes it hard for new ones to understand what Nocturnus is all about.

And I believe that our different tribes and races are a major aspect of the guild identity. No other guild can offer this diversity. There are basically 99% humans, a few elves and dwarves. And a few mummies. But I only can remember one or two people really having an elvish or dwarvish main character.

The Nocturnian tribes contest was a great way to depict that diversity. But independent from that contest we should have an permanently updated list of races and tribes in combination with the members list. Blufiji once nailed it, many of us resemble the leaders or most prominent members of our races.

Maybe the membership to a race/tribe which the player himself can invent is what claiming land is for Avalonians. I believe that there can't be firm borders in Nocturnus, for this ancient land is too hostile and untamable. The influence of one faction mostly reaches only to the gates of it's castle/city (despite Black Spire of course or the Drow in the underdark).

But of course nobody is forced to come up with a whole new race or civilation or in need to be the leader of it.

I don't think we're becoming Avalonia, I think it's are Guild is growing and some parts of Nocturnus are becoming more civilized.

Skavenport is definitely such a civilized place. More or less. It's rough, but my whole idea behind the city was to have some kind of mirror to Avalonia. More dark and rude, morbid.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Been really busy lately fellas, Nocturnus has a new little princess who is consuming all my time!

The Nocturnian tribes contest was a great way to depict that diversity. But independent from that contest we should have an permanently updated list of races and tribes in combination with the members list. Blufiji once nailed it, many of us resemble the leaders or most prominent members of our races.

Maybe the membership to a race/tribe which the player himself can invent is what claiming land is for Avalonians. I believe that there can't be firm borders in Nocturnus, for this ancient land is too hostile and untamable. The influence of one faction mostly reaches only to the gates of it's castle/city (despite Black Spire of course or the Drow in the underdark).

Skavenport is definitely such a civilized place. More or less. It's rough, but my whole idea behind the city was to have some kind of mirror to Avalonia. More dark and rude, morbid.

As I'm not a Nocturnian I can only state my opinion but that is that I really like the idea of tribes rather than lands on the map (although the tribes are probably more concentrated in specific areas?)

I also really like the type of fleshed-out settlements like Skavenport and Shadowmere we are starting to see nowadays :classic:

Been really busy lately fellas, Nocturnus has a new little princess who is consuming all my time!

Tell that little princess to pick up her sword and start swinging it! lol J/k congrats on your new addition!

Haha wasn't meant too serious. I appreciate any update on our guild thread. The big advantage of Nocturnus may be the endless possibilities to create characters and civilisations of great diversity. But that makes it hard for new ones to understand what Nocturnus is all about.

And I believe that our different tribes and races are a major aspect of the guild identity. No other guild can offer this diversity. There are basically 99% humans, a few elves and dwarves. And a few mummies. But I only can remember one or two people really having an elvish or dwarvish main character.

But of course nobody is forced to come up with a whole new race or civilation or in need to be the leader of it.

Your concept of Skavenport was the same reason why I built The Reach. Not only does it serve to sort of mirror Avalonia, but it also gives us power bases for all future battles. I figured that Nocturnus was the least populated, settled and explored of all the Guilds, but I think it helps to have some structure, even if it is less than those of the other guilds. We can still maintain the freedom our lands have with our character/race selection, but we get the bonus of having villages/towns/cities not ran exclusively by humans and I really like that about the guild.

Little Avalonia is the new name for Nocturnus!!

You will never again refer to this land as "Little Avalonia" tight wearer...

Edited by Blufiji

Tell that little princess to pick up her sword and start swinging it! lol J/k congrats on your new addition!

Oh, is our "Little Avalonia" discontent? My poor... :sarcasm:

Your concept of Skavenport was the same reason why I built The Reach. Not only does it serve to sort of mirror Avalonia, but it also gives us power bases for all future battles. I figured that Nocturnus was the least populated, settled and explored of all the Guilds, but I think it helps to have some structure, even if it is less than those of the other guilds. We can still maintain the freedom our lands have with our character/race selection, but we get the bonus of having villages/towns/cities not ran exclusively by humans and I really like that about the guild.

That sounds exactly like my thoughts. I like factions which seem to inhabit wilder, less civilized lands but still stand their ground against superiour enemies.

Haha, congrats to the most beautiful moc one can do!

Lets see, your guild leader is a traitor from Avalonia. Many of your members are traitors from Avalonia. Many of your original members have bands to Avalonia. You want so badly to create countys like Avalonia but call it territories intsead. All you do in your nocturnian life is to trashtalked Avalonia.. So I don't see any reason to call you Nocturnus anymore!

Edited by de Gothia

Lets see, your guild leader is a traitor from Avalonia. Many of your members are traitors from Avalonia. Many of your original members have bands to Avalonia. You want so badly to create countys like Avalonia but call it territories intsead. All you do in your nocturnian life is to trashtalked Avalonia.. So I don't see any reason to call you Nocturnus anymore!������

Well I see someone woke up with their tights inside out this morning. No worries, I'm going to address these..

Your first three statements are true, but to why..I cannot say. I am guessing that once they took off the tights and let the circulation return to normal, they came to their senses and joined superior guilds.

Your fourth statement, again is true. But this is no different then the clans and dwarves of Mitgardia, or The High council and Low Council slicing up their lands..so the point is moot.

Your last statement, once again is true..and I will continue to trash talk the lands haha.

Now I'll address something else. All this discontent is starting to make sense. Your lands once were known as "West Kaliphlin" some time ago, and if your next story challenge includes you guys' fighting off your former master, it could be again. Under your Avatar, you have so boldly expressed your interest in joining the Darklands. I'm sure if you asked and pleaded, the powers that be will let your dreams come true and we will find a "territory" for you.

Oh, is our "Little Avalonia" discontent? My poor... :sarcasm:

\

Don't you have your own problems to tend too?..maybe not enough trees growing in your yard or something ;)

Edited by Blufiji

Hello Avalonia Junior!

Welcome to the.... 17th century(?) Where we are able to account for our holdings and belongings, and are able to concentrate long enough to remember who our neighbors are, and don't feel the need to slaughter/subjugate/eat all of them.

Congrats Z!

Don't you have your own problems to tend too?..maybe not enough trees growing in your yard or something ;)

I'm sorry, but my lands are fertile :wink:

Well I see someone woke up with their tights inside out this morning. No worries, I'm going to address these..

Your first three statements are true, but to why..I cannot say. I am guessing that once they took off the tights and let the circulation return to normal, they came to their senses and joined superior guilds.

Your fourth statement, again is true. But this is no different then the clans and dwarves of Mitgardia, or The High council and Low Council slicing up their lands..so the point is moot.

Your last statement, once again is true..and I will continue to trash talk the lands haha.

Now I'll address something else. All this discontent is starting to make sense. Your lands once were known as "West Kaliphlin" some time ago, and if your next story challenge includes you guys' fighting off your former master, it could be again. Under your Avatar, you have so boldly expressed your interest in joining the Darklands. I'm sure if you asked and pleaded, the powers that be will let your dreams come true and we will find a "territory" for you.

\

Lol we need a BURN meme with Lego fig for that trash talk.

Congratulations! :classic:

Hello Avalonia Junior!

Welcome to the.... 17th century(?) Where we are able to account for our holdings and belongings, and are able to concentrate long enough to remember who our neighbors are, and don't feel the need to slaughter/subjugate/eat all of them.

Congrats Z!

And in this 17th century that you speak of, does it include wearing powdered wigs and clingy overcoats that go with the ridiculous tights and pointed shoes that you guys wear? If so, I'll stick to raiding, subjugating and pillaging my neighbors as the alternative. Enjoy your wigs and over coats West Kaliphlin.

I'm sorry, but my lands are fertile :wink:

Hmmm, I suppose if by fertile you mean over grown with smugness..then yes they are fertile.

Edited by Blufiji

And in this 17th century that you speak of, does it include wearing powdered wigs and clingy overcoats that go with the ridiculous tights and pointed shoes that you guys wear? If so, I'll stick to raiding, subjugating and pillaging my neighbors as the alternative. Enjoy your wigs and over coats West Kaliphlin.

Hmmm, I suppose if by fertile you mean over grown with smugness..then yes they are fertile.

By fertile, I mean that our lands bring up enough for us to live from, so we don't have to pillage and raid. :wink: