ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Pie contest will open soon. We need some down time though. Final chapter is in the works, but there are real life constraints with the two main builders (one has a new house, the other a pending baby) so the free time will continue for a little longer!

I'm fine with that. Gives enough time to bring personal stories forward.

well, that's the spirit! :)

the point is not to go to war ourselves, but to make two fractions go to war, and then we swoop and take care of what's left :)

ona more not-roll-playing note, I've been very bussy last three years. I think that there is a good amount of around 10.000 inifigs that are in all type of dioramas, mostly fantasy castle and steampunk pirates, but also in (you will laugh) Chima layout :) I will present in action part of forum when I get the time, but Chima is one of my new favorite themes - I don;t use sets, only minifigs, but you can do a lot of crazy stuff with that theme - can;t wait to show off my Ice Chima castles, here is a little preview:

23799220294_3832bc3eef_n.jpg

Regarding contest in Nocturnus, there is a proposition few posts up about showing fortifications (stone, wood, magic. fruit, whatever:) and representations of your fraction meeting with Drow - simple wignetes - we could do this

Until I get the facts straight regarding how the contests are done now on EB, there will be no rewards - for now. But, a lot of great stuff is to come, so, we should use this oportunity to build something small and fast, but pretty and interesting :)

Hmm, alliances are beginning to get quite tangled now.... Desert King and the Nocturnian resistance fight against the Black Spire, Desert King also fights against the Drow... does that make the Drow allies of the Black Spire? In Kaliphlin, the resistance is fighting the Desert King... does that make them allies of the Black Spire? I wonder what Lord Ravage's take on the situation is.....

Hmm, alliances are beginning to get quite tangled now.... Desert King and the Nocturnian resistance fight against the Black Spire, Desert King also fights against the Drow... does that make the Drow allies of the Black Spire? In Kaliphlin, the resistance is fighting the Desert King... does that make them allies of the Black Spire? I wonder what Lord Ravage's take on the situation is.....

In the main story the Drow have been an ally to the Spire from the very beginning. The logical continuation of Revolwords alliances.

A smart High Council supporter would not attack the Desert King when he's already planning to leave Kaliphlin with most of his troops. My foe's foe is not automatically my friend. Despite a few hard core Nocturnians who believe the Spire would increase their power, nobody in Historica should have a serious interest in joining Lord Ravage. Or the Drow.

There was a Drow split a long while ago, if I remember correctly, between Angeli's Drow and the main story Drow. There was also friendliness between certain Kaliphlin citizens and Angeli's Drow. I'm curious if the return of Angeli's Drow will affect how alliances are drawn but at this point, it seems that they think they can remain neutral in the Nocturnus war. We all know how that turned out for us, the Kaliphlin High Council who initially tried to remain neutral.

I also wonder if Lord Ravage will try to take advantage of the situation and try to forge new alliances.

Didnt know that there are Drow alliances. Im also curious as to if Angeli's Drow would remain neutral.

The Drow do form Alliances, but in general they try to conquer everything, which is why there such an interesting group, also Angeli is the Drow Queen still alive or is there a new ruler ?

There was a Drow split a long while ago, if I remember correctly, between Angeli's Drow and the main story Drow. There was also friendliness between certain Kaliphlin citizens and Angeli's Drow. I'm curious if the return of Angeli's Drow will affect how alliances are drawn but at this point, it seems that they think they can remain neutral in the Nocturnus war. We all know how that turned out for us, the Kaliphlin High Council who initially tried to remain neutral.

I wonder if those certain Kaliphlinites may have set sail for greener waters... hence no fanfare from a certain city in SE Kaliphlinfor the Drow and Angeli's return .

As I think the landscape on the current map of Nocturnus is quite barren, I propose that for the updated map, a few new landscape features should be added:

24877475355_dd23215fc6_z.jpg

The forest expansion is mostly based on the builds many of us have done, but also from a realistic point of view, as mountains and swamps are rarely found directly next to each other. The addition of a volcanic belt (running from the Fallen Angel, across the Rakath mountains and ending in the swampy lowlands) is kind of necessary in my opinion, since Nocturnus is partly known for having great metal and mineral mining activities.

So, I'd like to know if my fellow guild members approve of these changes. :classic:

Exetrius-

A few suggestions to your changes. i don't know if your map would get approved but, I'll throw in these changes based on the builds I am aware of in our guild.

Regions: Like Counties in Avalonia, these are the places I'm aware of that belong to The Lords and Ladies of Nocturnus-

Capital region: Abyssian and surrounding swamp land. Now contains lands east of it, held by the Spire. Whatever race Raavage is, and Snake kind rule here.

Central Region: Holds Shadowmere and surrounding traditional/volcanic swamp land. Vampires rule here.

Skavenport Region: Holds Skavenport, S'dak'l'vil'ths Range, the forests to the west and along the coast, the Strait of Cerebus and the forests along the coast all the way to the Claw Breakers.

Kyrrath: Holds Kyrrath and the surrounding foothills and swamps of the Northwestern Rakath Range. Ran by what looks like humans. (Jaaxaap can correct me if I'm wrong.)

The Reach: Holds The Reach and the surrounding mountains east of the divide in the Southern Rakath Range, all the way down to the foothills entering the small swampy area known as The Nyx Glades. Goblins Rule here.

Orc Territory: No official city, but various tribal villages encompassed in the areas around Rod's Peaks. Orcs Rule here.

Ash Wolf Lands: No official city, but North of Rod's Peaks almost on the Boarder of Mitgardia. Ash Wolves rule here.

The Deep of The World: Home of the various Drow Clans. Spread through out Historica, but their lie in the caves of the Rakath.

There are various Lords that wander and have no land, but plenty to settle on.

Cities:

-Skavenport is a coastal city located north of the strait of Cerebus

-Shadowmere is a city located west of Abyssian along the main road

Towns:

-The Reach is a town located a tad bit south of Carakath

-Kyrrath is a town located just east of the Northern Rakath ranges and North of Shadowmere in more Deciduous forest.

There are also the established towns on the map that no one has built in yet.

Forest:

The Autumnal Forest surrounds The Reach, so make that straddle the Southern Rakath range on the seaward side and shrink it down a bit to sit in the mountains. it doesn't really extend that far out I don't believe

Volcanoes:

Active volcanoes are located east/northeast of the labyrinth. The Southern Rakath tends to favor more high/mountainous desert to the west (Think places like the Basin/Range in the United States or Western China/ The "Stans") since it borders Kaliphlin, and holds the desert mummy tribes and The Autumnal/Traditional Deciduous forests in the east, that runs down to Skavenport along the coast line.

Swampland:

The area to the north and east of The Southern Rakath and The Strait of Cerebus is from my understanding considered to be traditional fungal/broad leafed swamp lands, which extend all the way past Abyssian and cover most of the darklands. The Volcanic Swamps would fit better just east of the Central Rakath Range and the Labyrinth, extending almost to Shadowmere.

Now that I've rambled on for a good while..any other guild members want to chime in. Also I'm up for updating the main page with races and geography listings.

Edited by Blufiji

That's an awesome map dr cogg.

Blufiji is right about most things. Except the location of Kyrrath. The city of purple lies at the western feet of the...steak twixthis called mountains while Skavenport holds the other side at the coast. Jaapxaap and I agreed that we would like to call it Kyrrath mountains instead. Much more speakable and I'm sure Balthasar our great cartographer wouldn't mind since he erased the old name on his updated map to have space to write down Skavenport.

That's an awesome map dr cogg.

Blufiji is right about most things. Except the location of Kyrrath. The city of purple lies at the western feet of the...steak twixthis called mountains while Skavenport holds the other side at the coast. Jaapxaap and I agreed that we would like to call it Kyrrath mountains instead. Much more speakable and I'm sure Balthasar our great cartographer wouldn't mind since he erased the old name on his updated map to have space to write down Skavenport.

So Jaapxaap's lands stretch from the west of the range to the foot hills of the Rakath correct? And then your's stretch to the south/southeast up the eastern coast?

So Jaapxaap's lands stretch from the west of the range to the foot hills of the Rakath correct? And then your's stretch to the south/southeast up the eastern coast?

Not sure I get you right. You mean all the way down from S' dak'I'vl'ths along the clawbreakers to the Rakath? That would be a large area. Jaapxaap and I are just concentrating on those mountains, the forrest at their feet and a bit of the Morruth swamp that touches Kyrrath at the moment.

I guess we are not that much into defining official borders as the Avalonians do.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Not sure I get you right. You mean all the way down from S' dak'I'vl'ths along the clawbreakers to the Rakath? That would be a large area. Jaapxaap and I are just concentrating on those mountains, the forrest at their feet and a bit of the Morruth swamp that touches Kyrrath at the moment.

I guess we are not that much into defining official borders as the Avalonians do.

Yea that makesmore sense. I know we have regions but I know that they arent gigantic swaths of land. Just the immediate areas around our cities.

To make it clear:

Kyrrath is located at the west side of the mountains in the east(These are called the Kyrrath mountains now) at the point where the mountains meet the swamp and the forest. That's the location of the city. I haven't claimed an area around Kyrrath yet, and won't do it in the real future, because my vision on areas is that 1. the power/influence from the city is less stronger the further you travel away from the city. And 2. I want to make it open for everybody to build for Kyrrath and don't want to tell you how Kyrrath' buildings have to look like(besides the purple of course).

As long as there are no (big) cities too close to Kyrrath, I'm not going to claim the exact area around the city that belongs to me...

Oh, and yrrath is ruled by human creation,(real human that deserves the title human, not like these avalonian treehuggers) but in the near future I've planned to do something with the centaurs from the Kyrrath' mountains....

Thanks Blufiji, that's a great deal of valuable info! I will try to keep all of this in mind when writing my saga or building with a location in mind, for the sake of consistency and compatibility.

By the way, does anyone know why the voting thread for the Frozen Beyond contest suddenly disappeared?

Edited by Exetrius

Oh, and yrrath is ruled by human creation,(real human that deserves the title human, not like these avalonian treehuggers) but in the near future I've planned to do something with the centaurs from the Kyrrath' mountains....

I hope that's not the only place were centaurs live, I'd like soms in my county too, one day... :wink:

To make it clear:

Kyrrath is located at the west side of the mountains in the east(These are called the Kyrrath mountains now) at the point where the mountains meet the swamp and the forest. That's the location of the city. I haven't claimed an area around Kyrrath yet, and won't do it in the real future, because my vision on areas is that 1. the power/influence from the city is less stronger the further you travel away from the city. And 2. I want to make it open for everybody to build for Kyrrath and don't want to tell you how Kyrrath' buildings have to look like(besides the purple of course).

As long as there are no (big) cities too close to Kyrrath, I'm not going to claim the exact area around the city that belongs to me...

Thanks for the update and clarification. Seeing that we are on the subject..is it possible get a list of each character and what faction/species/race (if any) they represent?

I hope that's not the only place were centaurs live, I'd like soms in my county too, one day... :wink:

I'm actually thinking about a guide on how to make a centaur... So you guys can use them in your builds too....

Thanks for the update and clarification. Seeing that we are on the subject..is it possible get a list of each character and what faction/species/race (if any) they represent?

I'm not sure what you mean; our sigfigs (or secondary characters too)? And by faction, do you mean something along the lines of "the Order of [...]", "member of the [...] Alliance" and "Leader of the [...] Tribe"?

I would be helpful to keep track of these for sure!

I'm actually thinking about a guide on how to make a centaur... So you guys can use them in your builds too....

Yes, please!