ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

But it is open for conquer ;)

It is time to add some action to those peace talking, easy going, good for nothing rest-of-Historians.

It is time for Nocturnus to take its rightful place in the hierarchy of Historia.

And the only way is by force.

First, let us fortify our cities, and meet to talk about alliances.

Then, we will talk about making Mitgardians and Avalonian fight, turning Khaliphions on our side, crushing what is left out of Avalonia-Mitguardia fight, then crush Khaliphians when they are alone. After that, we will choose the strongest tribe to rule Nocturnus. But, there is time for that :) And, shhhhh, not a word to other guilds :)

---

For now, let us fortify. meet and discuss.

Let's make a swarm moc, and in next seven days make a small example of fortification, and a vignette about our meeting - one tribe from Nocturnus meeting others, discussing how to take over Historia

---

together, we are going to make this guild dominant! Drow rule supreme!

;)

---

so, what do you say? Can we Nocturnians make two vignettes in a week, one presenting how we fortify our positions, including walls, blocking roads, rivers, search towers, magic barriers, etc, and other, showing two tribes of Nocturnus, meeting? It is ok to make an ambush of a fellow Nocturnian, it is our way, at the end. Or a feast, your choice. You can host a Drow, and for a Drow, you can use plain black head :)

This is just for glory, no rewards, and it would also allow us to see who is active and who is who :) and it will bring points to our guild. So, shell we do it?

It seems you are a little behind on recent history. I would sugest conquering your own guild before the rest of Historica, considering that the Black Spire rules Nocturnus right now and you would have to defeat them first, unless you continued the alliance between the Drow and the Spire, but in that case you will find most of Nocturnus's members fighting against you. And on top of that Kaliphalin is divided now, with the Desert King ruling after winning the Kali civil war, but with most of the members not in favor of his rule( and the Desert Kings first act was to rid Kaliphlin of any Drow). And in addition to that all four guilds were just attacked by the Algus, the ancient menace from the frozen beyond, who threaten everyone in Historica, so you would also have to compete with them for domination.

It seems you are a little behind on recent history. I would sugest conquering your own guild before the rest of Historica, considering that the Black Spire rules Nocturnus right now and you would have to defeat them first, unless you continued the alliance between the Drow and the Spire, but in that case you will find most of Nocturnus's members fighting against you. And on top of that Kaliphalin is divided now, with the Desert King ruling after winning the Kali civil war, but with most of the members not in favor of his rule( and the Desert Kings first act was to rid Kaliphlin of any Drow). And in addition to that all four guilds were just attacked by the Algus, the ancient menace from the frozen beyond, who threaten everyone in Historica, so you would also have to compete with them for domination.

Wow, that was like unfreezing Captain America after 50 years and explain him half of recent history.

But that's the way it is: we aren't even the Lords of our own guild for years now. There are like five members who have openly formed resistance, and only three of them are permanently active (counting myself as one of them). Then there are a handful of others active at the moment and it is not clear to whom they've pledged allegiance.

Although we love to make fun of Avalonians it seems that at the moment only a handful of those tight wearer lords has shown the will to support us in our cause to defeat the Black Spire.

Oh, not to forget that this Desert King is in fact the ancient resurrected rightful divine pharao of Kaliphlin who once also ruled Nocturnus and most of Avalonia. And he has strong relations to the Darklands, so I would not want to mess with that guy. And I'm saying that as his highness' warlord and high guardian of his armies.

I'm in for conquering anyone and anything, could be fun! :devil:

One who wishes to conquer should at least have a settlement and an army. Perhaps you should start with a settlement. What our guild really needs are more locations.

Edited by Jacob Nion

I have a town built I just haven't had time to take pictures.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Great, we will need to meet and talk about next steps

It would be great fun to start building, so fortification (magic barrier, stone walls etc) and meeting vignette would be a good start to wake up the guild, if it needs wakening up :)

I would suggest, conquering the smaller area, smaller lords and merchants etc, and then, when we have gathered our strength, we attack the big ones!

Let's start from the south, as north will be fighting with this new threat; Let's leave that Spire alone for now, we will need someone to fight for the guild when time comes; if we stretch ourselves on two fronts, we will not succeed.

The Drow will add few cities to the glory of Nocturnus: Baldurs-Gate, Candlekeep, Icewind-Dale, Sshamath, Suldanessellar and Trademeet

That are six very big cities :)

I will be posting an army of 1000 fully armored mercenaries in a day of two, that is enough to go and besiege someone :)

But for now, let us show that we have strong walls and magic, and meeting between your sigfig and a Drow representative. The builds will add points to our guild, and are easy to build (vignette, 8x8 studs)

On a special note, I will be organizing first contest very soon, I just have to consult with moderators and admins how it is done now before announcing anything. But know this, the prizes will be veeeeeeery nice :)

You can refresh your memory with those two Drow organized events: Warrior Beauty contest and Drow gladiator games. They were a ton of fun :)

But for now, let me get to know all of you that are still active trough this mini Nocturnus vignette mocing :) This will help me to know who is who, and after that, we are going to find a way to make Nocturnus the leading guild in Historica :)

Drow rule supreme! ...and yes, Nocturnians also :)

And LordDan, thank you, very useful info. Link me with those important topics, please :)

@ Angeli: I think you should have your Drow return to one of their ancient sites. They can't have Kas'ret Vud because it is now the Nestlands Embassy, so your best bet would probably be Z'ha'dum. (Babylon 5 fans will understand.)

I think a good place for the Drow, would be the Fallen Angel, because it is a large pit right outside the maze and as I understand Drow are Nocturnal and subterranean.

@ Angeli: I think you should have your Drow return to one of their ancient sites. They can't have Kas'ret Vud because it is now the Nestlands Embassy, so your best bet would probably be Z'ha'dum. (Babylon 5 fans will understand.)

I think a good place for the Drow, would be the Fallen Angel, because it is a large pit right outside the maze and as I understand Drow are Nocturnal and subterranean.

Also it is mentioned in the guild description that the Drow have their domains in the Rakath.

Would make sense since most of the Darklands are swamps and marshes, no ideal ground for underworld races.

Thank you :)

btw, our mercenery troops are ready. We should send them as soon as possible to sharpen their skills on someone. Who do you reccomend? :)

We calctulated losess no more then 35%. Don;t worry, they are only humans, easy to replace.

Btw, this is one of four baseplates, totally the same. It is part of our lug's big community build :)

m-02.jpg

m-03.jpg

m-04.jpg

m-01.jpg

man, that's a lot of Fantasy Era trols :)

now I am off to brickling with hope that I will find 130 of them for 2e per head :)

Edit, nope, they are 5-10e per head. I asked my guys to start looking, and if I can get the price 50% ower, I will buy 100. They will look fantastic on large scale mocs

We (Beokocka rlug) are making, as a colaborative effort, big Steampunk siege of Gondor diorama for September, and your orcs gave me a great idea how to make it even more grandios

In any case, after photoshoot, we are going to send them to misbehave in Avalonia, just for fun :)

Edited by Angeli

The Desert King says that the best place for the Drow to make their new city is in the eternal plane with First Centurion and all of his other enemies that he has vanquished.

Yep, everyone else go home Angeli's got this one.

The forces of Eastgate are stronger than a mere 1000 men. If they were not in storage they would show up right now. We have not had a good fig barf army contest in a while! We do fear that our ally Mypa Stedor will side with the Drow though, we know they have a secret love there. So we will need another large Kaliphlin army to hold off the Drow.

The Desert King says that the best place for the Drow to make their new city is in the eternal plane with First Centurion and all of his other enemies that he has vanquished.

The forces of Eastgate are stronger than a mere 1000 men. If they were not in storage they would show up right now. We have not had a good fig barf army contest in a while! We do fear that our ally Mypa Stedor will side with the Drow though, we know they have a secret love there. So we will need another large Kaliphlin army to hold off the Drow.

Second that! Everyone allying with the Drow is a traitor to all of Historica.

Second that! Everyone allying with the Drow is a traitor to all of Historica.

Well, let's not be too hasty and create a new enemy. Although the Drow are certainly not to be fully trusted, let us see what side they choose before completely alienating them ( but be sure never to let your guard down)

So, now we're at it, when would the Nocturnus challenge start? I heard something about it several weeks ago, but then came the Pie contest proposal (I believe that was me, btw :grin:) and it's been quiet since.

And how about the Frozen Beyond contest? The thread is closed, so I'm asking this here. Does anyone have an an idea when the judging will start (or be finished)?

Edit: Nevermind about the last bit, I just saw Ecc's update in that thread :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

Pie contest will open soon. We need some down time though. Final chapter is in the works, but there are real life constraints with the two main builders (one has a new house, the other a pending baby) so the free time will continue for a little longer!

Look, Z has been here so long that his tags have expired...

I put in a mini challenge on the Kaliphlin thread, feel free to join that!

Time to summon the reserves! were gonna need them.