ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Should this be Nocturnus only, or should everyone be able to participate?

I'm fine either way but it would be sad if some un Nocturnus person won. Though I'd have a better chance of winning if only Nocturnus members were allowed.... :devil:

I think it should be open to everyone, because that means more pies terrorizing the land, and I don't think it should just be set in Nocturnus, here are some examples: Pies are be transported to other land, when they manage to escape from their cages or An Avalonian baker wanted to make a pumpkin pie and he hears Nocturnus pumkins are special, so he makes the pie, using a nocturnus pumpkin, only to have the pie try to eat him, these are just some example of stories for builds.

Another idea would be to have one Nocty winner and one overall winner, or one Nocty winner and one everyone else winner.

Good Idea Kai!

As for a non title prize: some Scooby-do pumpkin heads, printed pumpkin heads and pie pieces all fit the theme.

Kai is on fire with a brilliant idea!

Well let me think on this.

Oh and anyone who wishes to ditch the tight wearers in favor of Nocty is okay in my book!!

Kai is on fire with a brilliant idea!

Well let me think on this.

Oh and anyone who wishes to ditch the tight wearers in favor of Nocty is okay in my book!!

The only prize that seems worthy for this challenge would be Stephanie's little bakery or any other pie related lego friends set.

I also think it should be open to all Historicans. Giving a prize to one of six or seven Nocty participants kind of feels odd.

I am nearly finished with the second part of Lord Vladivus' visit to the Nestlands Embassy. Hopefully what I have in store will provide some story options.

Hello all,

i'd love to sign up for Nocturnus.

the downside is, i won't be posting any builds the next month, for i am going on a holiday.

but after this holiday, i'm all loyal subject to my Nocturnus masters :)

my Figure, Viggen, was once struck by lightning when crossing Midgardian borders on the hunt for thiefs, stealing all of his supplies.

burned completely black, he descended to the gates of Hell, where they told him to return to Nocturnus to help them stand their grounds on the constant treats of neighbour enemies.

To show my dedication to join you guys, I've found a new source for pumpkin, discovered in the mountains right above the labyrinth. The pumpkin warrior. Hope the Pie made of it tastes as good as they should be!

24674113085_c03344905b_z.jpg

Getting ready for Guilds Of Historica. Meet my SigFig Viggen, humble subject of Nocturnus! by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

24580555631_2bfc5dcbc0_z.jpg

Getting ready for Guilds Of Historica. Meet my SigFig Viggen, humble subject of Nocturnus! by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

24045930704_c162bd1cc5_z.jpg

24556318532_77b35ebfb1_z.jpg

Edited by danielvermeir

Lovely sigfig and intro-story!

Welcome to GoH (altough you chose the wrong guild!)

Welcome to the constant party that is Nocty Viggen! Just in time to help win the land back in the next few weeks or so.

Lovely sigfig and intro-story!

Welcome to GoH (altough you chose the wrong guild!)

even after long consideration, you can make wrong choices. For sure after being strucked by lightning :devil:

The Rats mean you welcome. Love that pumpkin skeleton. I like the look of your sig fig.

Arcturin hails you as a fellow Nocturinian. Perhaps an investigation into this "Pumpkin Warrior" lies in the future.

Great sigfig!

Welcome Viggen to the Dark lands, your Sigfig is really cool looking :thumbup:

Kai is on fire with a brilliant idea! ...

Was that a pun? :look:

I didn't know you were into Ninjago. :grin:

How about something like this?

Prizes and deadlines still pending:

Hear ye! Hear ye!

It is time to lay down your weapons and take up…. your spatulas!

Lord Raavage the rightful ruler of Nocturnus (and soon all of Historica) invites bakers from every corner of the land to attend the first annual Enchanted Pie Bake-Off! Winners will bask in the glory of Lord Raavage and be given prizes and special titles while loser will be executed, chopped up and… well… probably baked into another pie.

Nocturnus enchanted pumpkin pies are legendary, not for how they quell your appetite, but for their appetite for pansy Avalonian flesh!

This mini-challenge fun is open to members of all guilds, but because we know the only Guild members who really know how to make an enchanted pie reside in Nocturnus, your builds MUST have some tie-in to Nocturnus, though the rule will be quite liberally applied as Raavage has open his bake-off to everyone, even non-guildies should they dare to take on our seasoned (for taste) veterans. Of course, as the only person who matters in the entire land, Lord Raavage himself will be the sole judge (jury and executioner) of the bake-off.

Category A. Figure:

Show us the chef and explain how the chef became the master of the enchanted pie!

Who makes these enchanted pumpkin pies? Is it a traditional baker sweating inside a Nocturnian volcano? A witch slaving over her caldron? A demon sucking the souls of the damned into the pie? Or perhaps the evil behind the enchanted pie has been created by a possessed Avalonian girl?

Only the figure, photography AND your story telling skills will be judged, but feel free to create a backdrop for your character in brick if you would like. After market and custom parts are allowed, though as sole judge, I feel compelled to mention I would prefer purist solutions.

Category B. The Kitchen:

Where and how are these enchanted pies made? Are they made in a “traditional” kitchen with a triple stacked wood burning oven? Are they cooked over the funeral pyre of slain Avalonians? Or do they come from somewhere… more sinister?

Your “kitchen”, photography AND your story telling skills will be judged. Your build may not exceed 1,024 base studs (32 x 32) with reasonable over hang. Be sure to include a freshly made pie is seen somewhere in your kitchen for maximum points.

Category C. At the Judge’s table:

Winning isn’t easy… so cheating is encouraged. Depict a story (or comic) of your chef (or his minion) bribing Lord Raavage to ensure victory!

Is your chef going to sneak Raavage a few extra pies? Does your chef believe Raavage can be persuaded by something of a greener… or golder nature? Maybe you chef would prefer to meet force with force and threats are more your style?

Just like cheating isn’t subject to any stinkin’ rules, there are no rules for this category, go crazy, but surprisingly Lord Raavage has a sense of humor, funny entry will likely score higher.

This looks really fun! Especially the kitchen category... kitchens are always so much fun! :drool::moar::grin: