Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series Discussion

Ended up finding a side aisle wing of these the other day - they were placed on the pegs with the Minecraft blind bags that were listed at $5.99. I guess people thought that applied to the CMFs. Found Abe, the Mermaid, a couple Cops, a couple Emmets, Presidents, and the Cat Lady. Overall nice to see them, but this was obviously a rare occurrence.

True that. I managed to find President Business and Abe Lincoln at that same Walmart, since the person who opened the packets left a lot of unopened packs hidden behind some Mega Bloks CoD sets. There was another Bad Cop, but I didn't want to be greedy so I put the other packets back in the display.

But I'm definitely going to look for the other figures. I am dying for Where are my Pants Guy and Larry the Barista. The others I can take or leave, but definitely those two guys above all else.

I have FOUR Where are my pants guys! :hmpf_bad: But NO Larrys :angry:

Finally bought my first Lego Movie blind bags and got the Mexican guy, Shakespeare, Wild West Wyldstyle and Larry. They're all pretty nice.

I have FOUR Where are my pants guys! :hmpf_bad: But NO Larrys :angry:

I wish I had a Larry to trade you for one of those Where are my Pants Guys. Only spare I have is Scribble Bad Cop so far.

Finally completed my minifigure shopping for this batch. Took me forever to find the last Velma Staplebot, every Target and Toys R Us in the area is out of figures, but I found a full box at Meijer.

I can't find these damn figures anywhere :/ haha

I've only found "1" and it was a packet that was randomly on the self in the action figure section.

It was "bad cop/good cop"

Great figure but i wish I can find the rest of them

:(

After seeing the ruckus at my stores which had this series, I decided I may as well use this as an opportunity to learn about the powers of Brick Link. Yes, I've never used it before, but that doesn't matter. WamP Guy is pretty cheap anyway, since I guess he has no new molds or anything, but Amazon is a big no-go. Larry's only a penny, but the shipping is insane, and some of the prices for other figures are just as mentally unsound. Then again, law of supply and demand is in effect.

Finally got Shakespeare the other day after rummaging through a whole display case from top to bottom. ...he was at the bottom. I should have started from the bottom up!

I think that finishes the set for me. I have three bags which I believe are Marsha, Velma, and Calamity, but I'm saving those to put in plastic Easter eggs for my daughter to find Easter morning.

I wish I had a Larry to trade you for one of those Where are my Pants Guys. Only spare I have is Scribble Bad Cop so far.

I FINALLY have them all, including THREE Larrys :grin: Look for my upcoming post in the CMF trading post :sweet: Or PM me with another offer :wink:

I've only picked up a few of these so far: Where's My Pants Guy, Scribble Bad Cop, Panda Guy and Wiley Fusebot.

Although I decided to turn Wiley into a human

1p5GmYg.jpg

(spoiler alert)

I actually keep wondering, does the story help or harm the sales of CMF series? Though the characters do look appealing in personalities and designs, the fact is many of these characters show their negative side more than the positive side in the whole story (kind of the writers' problem, but the length of story restricts their time to make it up as well). Not sure if I'm too sensitive.

Edited by Dorayaki

I always thought the majority of the figures here were minor characters (Larry, Where are my Pants, Lincoln, etc.) or robots, with only a few main character variations (Hard hat Emmet, Western Wyldstyle, etc.). To me it doesn't matter if the character is good or bad, if I can use him/her, he/she's fine in my book. BTW, whoever posted "human" Wiley is a genius. Now I added him to my must buy list.

I always thought the majority of the figures here were minor characters (Larry, Where are my Pants, Lincoln, etc.) or robots, with only a few main character variations (Hard hat Emmet, Western Wyldstyle, etc.). To me it doesn't matter if the character is good or bad, if I can use him/her, he/she's fine in my book. BTW, whoever posted "human" Wiley is a genius. Now I added him to my must buy list.

Well for a normal Lego player we can imagine any minifigure to be good or bad in our own canon. But for advertising movie products to appeal moviegoers, the "unkind" cast of CMF series might turn them down alittle. The difference bewtween this series and previous series is we might not predict the characters' personality by only judging from their physical designs (there are exceptions like Vampire and Witch from series 2).

Edited by Dorayaki

Found a full box (lucky!), grabbed 5 at random (no time for feels), wound up with an extra Pants dude (they're right there in the bag with you, man!), but still no Larry or Shakespeare. Rats.

I still need Hard Hat Emmet, Wild West Wyldstyle, Mrs. Scratchen-Post, Gail the Construction Worker, Larry the Barista, William Shakespeare, and the "Where Are My Pants?" Guy - I don't have any of them at all, and I'd particularly like multiples of Mrs. Scratchen-Post and especially Larry the Barista, along with more of the Taco Tuesday Guy (and any of them, really, but those are the biggest priorities for multiples for me). I really need to find some more of these locally. :sceptic:

(spoiler alert)

I actually keep wondering, does the story help or harm the sales of CMF series? Though the characters do look appealing in personalities and designs, the fact is many of these characters show their negative side more than the positive side in the whole story (kind of the writers' problem, but the length of story restricts their time to make it up as well). Not sure if I'm too sensitive.

I have to assume the movie has helped the line enormously - well, obviously, in the sense that the line wouldn't even exist at all if not for the movie, but beyond that I mean that the movie's quality and popularity undoubtedly is making the entire The LEGO Movie line wildly popular as well. The Minifigures and all the other sets appear to be selling incredibly well, with the Minifigures in particular experiencing much, much greater demand (as far as I can tell) than the last few previous series of "regular" Minifigures.

I still need Hard Hat Emmet, Wild West Wyldstyle, Mrs. Scratchen-Post, Gail the Construction Worker, Larry the Barista, William Shakespeare, and the "Where Are My Pants?" Guy - I don't have any of them at all, and I'd particularly like multiples of Mrs. Scratchen-Post and especially Larry the Barista, along with more of the Taco Tuesday Guy (and any of them, really, but those are the biggest priorities for multiples for me). I really need to find some more of these locally. :sceptic:

I have to assume the movie has helped the line enormously - well, obviously, in the sense that the line wouldn't even exist at all if not for the movie, but beyond that I mean that the movie's quality and popularity undoubtedly is making the entire The LEGO Movie line wildly popular as well. The Minifigures and all the other sets appear to be selling incredibly well, with the Minifigures in particular experiencing much, much greater demand (as far as I can tell) than the last few previous series of "regular" Minifigures.

I have all kinds of movie minifigs in my collectible minifig trading post.

Not saying that this series is a big miss (though personally I'm not happy with the protagonists), but the fact that characters made bad impressions would still have some impacts on how many people want to get them. Or sometimes it's that both good and bad impressions make characters recognizeable. The movie power always appeal to enourmous demands though sometimes it' may be negative (moviegoers and FOLs would buy it no matter what defects the story have).

I haven't seen the minifigs anywhere in my local area for the past month and a half but I was visiting Las Vegas over the weekend and miraculously walmart had 2 complete cases out. I felt through an entire box and got the ones I wanted: Larry, cat lady, Gail, Shakespeare, Velma staplebot, and the mermaid.

I ran around a fair bit yesterday and finally found some local stores that weren't completely depleted yet, and between two of them I believe I've managed to get six of the seven I didn't have, plus a couple duplicates I wanted (I could be wrong as I haven't yet opened them, but I'm pretty good at packet-feeling, and I'm confident). I should now have at least one of each except William Shakespeare. I still want that one, but I'm feeling relieved that I've been able to get nearly all of them now.

Not saying that this series is a big miss (though personally I'm not happy with the protagonists), but the fact that characters made bad impressions would still have some impacts on how many people want to get them. Or sometimes it's that both good and bad impressions make characters recognizeable. The movie power always appeal to enourmous demands though sometimes it' may be negative (moviegoers and FOLs would buy it no matter what defects the story have).

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at here - specifically, I don't know what bad impressions or story defects you're talking about. Most people I know loved the characters and the story.

I think Dorayaki might be talking about how characters like Gail and Larry never gave Emmet any notice, but you have to remember that Emmet wasn't a very worthy character at that point in the story. He lived his life completely by the book and never questioned anything or did anything to stand out as an individual. It takes time for Emmet to become a hero they can look up to.

But anyway, I think the series has a good range of character portrayals: heroes like Emmet and Wyldstyle, villains like President Business and his robot goons, and more neutral characters like Gail and Larry. In any event, the series has sold so wildly that any concerns about that kind of thing seem kind of negligible. Unless the series were produced in greater quantities it wouldn't be able to benefit from greater demand anyhow.

Edited by Aanchir