Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I'm pretty sure the kids in the theme will have dwarf legs, except maybe for Nelson. Maggie might have a new piece similar to the octopus legs, with just the blanket extending.

I'm gonna say the same thing I replied to your post on Brickset over this topic - I'm pretty sure Maggie will be a single mould, something like this, anything other would look extremely awful and weird. Putting a minifig torso on the slope and call it a toddler? C'mon! :wacko:

If those leaks are true, then I have a theory as to why they chose those sets/characters. Could be they're taking them from the show's intro. Bart skateboards home from school, Lisa is in music class (with Sherri and Terri), Homer is at his console (sort of) before rushing home, Bart skates past some Springfield shops, and they all arrive home to the house. Makes sense, right?

Well i think both the lego sets and the show's intro is a reflection of typical scenarios you find those caracthers in.

Edited by deskp

Well i think both the lego sets and the show's intro is a reflection of typical scenarios you find those caracthers in.

Yes but specifically people were confused by Sherri and Terri's inclusion. They are sitting beside Lisa in the intro in the music room. The alleged sets pretty much make up the entire intro (with a few exceptions). What better way to introduce the Simpsons to lego than by making the sets from the intro? That's why these sets seem to make sense if they're true.

I'm gonna say the same thing I replied to your post on Brickset over this topic - I'm pretty sure Maggie will be a single mould, something like this, anything other would look extremely awful and weird. Putting a minifig torso on the slope and call it a toddler? C'mon! :wacko:

As long as they don't re-use the frightening Belville baby...

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?v=2&pg=1&q=Belville+Baby&catLike=W&sortBy=N&sortAsc=A&catType=M

Edited by antp

Looking at the set list, I too see the similarity between the choices and the show's intro. I'm satisfied with the scene choices, since they do fit the characters well enough (Lisa being a sax player, Bart and his skateboarding prowess, etc.) and it makes sense that the Simpson household is the biggest set (And one I'm excited about seeing the most), but I too am confused about some of the minifig choices (Like Sherri and Terri in Lisa's set).

But all things considered, I'm looking forward to this series, at least seeing some pics.

Just out of interest what rooms do you think will be included in the Simpsons house ? Be good to here everyone else's opinion on it ?

Just out of interest what rooms do you think will be included in the Simpsons house ? Be good to here everyone else's opinion on it ?

A really small kitchen and living room (couch for Abe), a decent sized entertainment room (where the TV and couch is at, that's like the most iconic place), stairs to small rooms for Bart, Lisa, Maggie, and one for Homer and Marge, and maybe an attic for Hugo. :tongue:

Has anyone thought that the reason why they are doing Terri and Sherri is that its the cheapest way to add 2 children from the school. They can basically include 2 identical copies of the same figure and count it as a different figure. If they had included a different child Lego would have had to make a different head.

I wonder how much Lego paid for the license for this line? Do you think that they got the license cheaper because its no longer a popular TV show?

I wonder how much Lego paid for the license for this line? Do you think that they got the license cheaper because its no longer a popular TV show?

I've been saying this for a while, but I really think Fox payed LEGO to make these sets. Like a commission. They probably showed LEGO big amounts of money so they can make these, and LEGO gets some profit from the sales, too. The original articles said somewhere along the lines that Fox was looking for new marketing opportunities by doing this. Also, they did the same with K'Nex and Family Guy, but K'Nex must have accepted the offer quicker.

Do you think that they got the license cheaper because its no longer a popular TV show?

I think all the licenses cost almost the same. And it is still very popular. Maybe not as good as it used to be, but still great and popular. :wink: This question of yours is like if you asked "Do you think the LR and PoP licenses were cheap because everyone knew they were going to be fail movies?" or "Do you think the TNMT license was cheap because it's so 1980s and no one cares about it?".

I think all the licenses cost almost the same.

While I don't work in Lego's licensing division, I can tell you that's certainly not true. Licensing contracts are negotiated on a case-by-case basis, and fees will vary widely depending on the popularity of the intellectual property and the policies of the copyright holder.

A really small kitchen and living room (couch for Abe), a decent sized entertainment room (where the TV and couch is at, that's like the most iconic place), stairs to small rooms for Bart, Lisa, Maggie, and one for Homer and Marge, and maybe an attic for Hugo. :tongue:

Don't you think that's a bit much for how much it costs ? I would love the Simpsons house to be that big but for £70 ? To me that seems way to much. :sceptic:

Don't you think that's a bit much for how much it costs ? I would love the Simpsons house to be that big but for £70 ? To me that seems way to much. :sceptic:

To be fair, it makes perfect sense to be a £70 set. It's licensed AND the Simpsons' house is quite large with all the rooms and whatnot, not all of that can be fit into a lower pricepoint right?

Look at the Olivia's House set. :wink:

To be fair, it makes perfect sense to be a £70 set. It's licensed AND the Simpsons' house is quite large with all the rooms and whatnot, not all of that can be fit into a lower pricepoint right?

Sorry I don't think I was very clear in what I meant... What I was trying to say is that you listed quite a lot of rooms to be in a £70 set. So what I was getting at was that the house should cost more around the £100 mark ? Sorry for confusing people ;-)

Sorry I don't think I was very clear in what I meant... What I was trying to say is that you listed quite a lot of rooms to be in a £70 set. So what I was getting at was that the house should cost more around the £100 mark ? Sorry for confusing people ;-)

Well, if they make very VERY small rooms, they can make something similar to Olivia's House- another $70 house set.

I think the lego Simpsons house will have the following features:

A garage, a mail box, Ned Flanders with a lawn mower, then inside I could imagine we would get a small room with couch, iconic painting sticker above the couch, a tv, maybe even a fire place, then I could imagine we'd get a small kitchen, maybe with a table (although the front of the house would look rather weird without the dining room so we never know), then I could imagine there being a staircase running through the middle of the house, also on the ground floor I think that there could be a sticker representing the basement. Upstairs I think we would get 2 rooms, possibly barts room on one half and Lisa's bedroom on the other, although homer and maggies would still be great. Then IMO we will most likely get half a roof and I predict that the Simpsons house has an open back of the house. On the roof I think we would most likely get a satellite dish and a chimney. (Thats just my guessing and Im sure I am way off from what it will look like :laugh: ) :classic:

It was sarcasm, sorry for not being obvious. My point was, saying TS are no longer popular is like saying the same about TMNT. These are just stereotypes coming from the fact both shows started in 80s and were on peaks of their popularity back in these days.

Anyway, back on topic. I think The Simpsons' house should be more bigger than this one that fits in £70 price range - something in the size of Haunted House would be much better. It could flip open too and include all the crucial details.

I bet the house will have Bart's treehouse, fence with Flanders, Homer's car and the couch with TV for sure.

I bet the house will have Bart's treehouse, fence with Flanders, Homer's car and the couch with TV for sure.

I think that things like Bart's treehouse, and possibly Homer's car, could be their own sets that can be added to the house. I know I would much rather see the treehouse seperately so that it is a decent size.

I'm picturing the house like an old fashioned doll house: Squarish with a complete front and an open back, with the living room, staircase and kitchen downstairs, and Bart's, Lisa's and Homer and Marge's bedrooms upstairs.

I think that things like Bart's treehouse, and possibly Homer's car, could be their own sets that can be added to the house. I know I would much rather see the treehouse seperately so that it is a decent size.

I'm picturing the house like an old fashioned doll house: Squarish with a complete front and an open back, with the living room, staircase and kitchen downstairs, and Bart's, Lisa's and Homer and Marge's bedrooms upstairs.

I hope this is the case, I like the dollhosue styles lego sets (harry putter burrows, lotr bag end, orthanc, friends sets.)

I can't wait for this theme. I just started playing The Simpsons tapped out today and its made me love The Simpsons again. everytime I place s building in the game I always think " that would look great in LEGO".

One thing I am surprised about is that by the sounds of it the Simpsons house is just the Simpsons house. I know that sounds strange, but I was expecting a street like what LEGO did with Spongebob ( bikini bottom ).

Also if there's a Eurobricks contest or community build when the theme launches, you can count me in!

Edited by Sam892