Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Wow, nothing looks right about it. The lego looks like jello or something, looks like random youtube fan made it.

well.. I guess the building coud be done like that in real lego, so thats a plus?

Ye I'm guessing the buildings can be replicated but, knowing LEGO most of pieces they'll have used in the show aren't manufactured in those colours. That's the experience I've had when reverse engineering some of the incredible, builds in the video games.

Talk about a major disappointment. It just looks bad in so many ways, even if the buildings can actually be built like that. Oh well, I'll still watch the episode because I enjoy The Simpsons and LEGO, but it won't stop me from being underwhelmed.

Yeah, it does look bad. I wish they would have just used the moulded heads. The picture in particular looks very bright.

I figure they either started making this episode before the molds were decided on or they just did it because it's a lot cheaper and easier to animate these heads as opposed to molds.

I do not like.

It looks to be CG animated, so it might have started production before molded heads were decided on. Though I suppose in the context of the story Homer wouldn't imagine specially molded heads, he'd imagine standard Lego heads instead.

Looks interesting that's for sure, but I can't decide which style I would have rather had in the actual sets. Both are awkward.

While I'm sure the episode itself will be fine, the faces are terrible. In fact the clone wars heads look better than them. It probably doesn't help that the eyes and nose form the outline a penis and balls. Glad the LEGO went with the sculpted head design as it is clearly the better option.

While I'm sure the episode itself will be fine, the faces are terrible. In fact the clone wars heads look better than them. It probably doesn't help that the eyes and nose form the outline a penis and balls. Glad the LEGO went with the sculpted head design as it is clearly the better option.

It's amazing that not everyone agrees with you. I do, but there are many who like this weird tv guide/cartoon version.

I figure they either started making this episode before the molds were decided on or they just did it because it's a lot cheaper and easier to animate these heads as opposed to molds.

I do not like.

I'm going to say it's because they went down the cheaper path.

Not sure if anyones put this, but i think this looks better than the official lego minifigures.

{pic}

Ew. Today I learned you can make short minifigure legs sit. :poke:

Not sure if anyones put this, but i think this looks better than the official lego minifigures.

simpsons-brick-like-me.jpg

No it doesn't. It really doesn't.

This is factual. Opinions matter not here. These are ugly.

No it doesn't. It really doesn't.

This is factual. Opinions matter not here. These are ugly.

Your opinion is you think their ugly, we all have our different perspectives on them.

Edited by amazingbricks

I agree it just looks odd......the nose and ears.....they could just done cheeky bone lines like they do with every other minifig head these days ! :sceptic:

What's missing there is Homer running away screaming like in a Treehouse Of Horror episode ! :laugh:

This is one of those rare times that something is so ugly it rips the fabric of the universe and creates a science fact out of an opinion. That opinion is that these are ugly. Due to the nature of the universe not being able to handle too much ugly this opinion is now fact. 2+2=4, this is ugly.

You cannot argue. It is science.

:sick: It's bringing back horrible memories

41NIxHuNQlL.jpg

Don't remind me!

Honestly I like them better than the molded heads. Oddly I think it's primarily because it sticks to the traditional Lego look (Which is probably why they chose it for the episode). It looks quite a bit ugly, but ugly in sort of a fun way. My only real problem is that the face prints don't really capture the characters all that well, the ears I feel are placed wrong and the eyes should be a bit more varied.

Perhaps we should have a poll to see who prefers the molded heads against the typical minifig head for the Simpsons......I vote for the molded (even though I prefer the normal heads on other characters),

They look a little strange to me ( I do think it's the ears and noses which remind me of that misstep in the Western line way back when.), but I can respect that others like the way these look.

I just don't get why TLG would approve of them using something that isn't what the product ended up being. I thought part of the point of the episode was to get people excited about the line. Now if fans do like the figures from the show, they're pretty much out of luck. It's not just an alternate character like various Super Heroes from the videogames we'll never get, it's an entirely different style.

I figured they would be bad based on the Marge picture that emerged yesterday (or the day before, I can't remember exactly), but these are horrific. They are so bad that it is almost laughable. How anyone can say that these are better than what we got I have no idea.