Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I would have never imagined I'd buy a Simpsons-theme Lego set, certainly not a house.

This set I would buy for the house alone, I really like it. Just a mundane "normal" house from the outside, but that's exactly what lego is missing at the moment (Creator/City houses are a bit too colourfull for my liking, the modulars are more city-oriented houses).

But I'm also afraid this one's going to be way too expensive to buy as just a house for my lay-out. There will undoubtedly be a premium to pay for the license and there's also a lot of Simpsons stuff that will be unused by me, but will add to the set-price.

Well, we'll just see what happens there.

Doesn't anybody suspect this is not the real set? And that these images are fake? What is your source Carlos?

The whole set doesn't look like it holds up to the quality of Lego, especially the minifigures.

If it is fake, that I must admit that is most realistic lego fake of all time :laugh: .

Figures are confirmed, house look clean as typical lego set, box is made by photoshop professionals so I dont want to believe some conspiracy.

The inside in interesting. Although the kitchen and living room are switched in position, the bathroom is likewise in the wrong position. Admittedly though, I'm surprised they managed to fit this many rooms inside. I'm also waiting to see the stairs more clearly, they certainly look interesting.

too lazy to search but what is this going to cost ? i see prices from 200 up to 250 USDollar.... But looks fun, if the price is the same i might buy it.

Wow! LEGO really pulled out all the stops on this set! Bravo, TLG!

I've never been a huge fan of The Simpsons, but this set is deliciously tempting. It's just so full and complete. While some of the figs are kinda weird (ok, they're all kinda strange), the full house more than makes up for it.

It's not in LEGO's nature to introduce a new theme with a huge exclusive set. I mean, it's lovely to see, but it's kinda strange given they're history.

I'm likely not gonna dish out the cash for this set, but holy bricks it's amazing! I'm glad to see LEGO finally has released a well designed, fully enclosed house. It's just magnificent.

It looks great, but I see so many people here saying they won't buy it. I doubt many kids will get it. Are there enough non-AFOL Simpson fans out there to make this a success?

As good as it looks, I think this is a mistake on TLG's part. The Simpsons isn't as popular as it used to be and Thia isn't a kids show.

I just don't know who they expect to buy this.

It's hard to make out, but it looks like Lisa is holding her saxophone with a music stand in the other half of her room on the top floor

it looks like a yellow brush to me, she is also on a beauty table and holding the brush next to her hair.. Weird because Lisa is not busy with her looks..

I think 229 USD would be the highest they could go; this is clearly targeting adults, something that TLG has begun to do more earnestly in the past few years. My guess is it is mostly a lure for future AFOLs to get them out of their dark ages, why else would they license a theme that is a decade past its prime (with explicit nods in the set to episodes from that era)?

So I would put this firmly at the 199 mark (to not scare off folks who aren't already LEGO-faithful), license notwithstanding. Besides, a lot of it looks like a tan and brown parts pack, so maybe the price could even be as low as 179. Also, I bet FOX was thrilled to get a LEGO license, so those fees probably affect the final price very little.

Edited by rodiziorobs

WHAT!!?? I have nothing (other than the drugged looking figs.) to complain about, other than what seems to be mini legs PRINTING!! Yes it's great to have the printing, but I suffered FOUR WHOLE WAVES of LOTR and Hobbit, with thousands of PLAIN mini legs... ... the pain...

I can't believe how much I love this set. :grin_wub: Its everything I wanted from the Simpsons house... We even get the garage! I'm so glad that rumour wasn't true about getting the £80 house now. :grin:

I wonder why Bart and Lisa have detailed legprinting but Marge doesn't. She does wear red heels if I remember correctly.

the inside looks much better than I expected. If the price is reasonable, I just might have to get this.

also, I like the figures. sure the eyes are kinda wierd, but they're not THAT bad are they?

Looks great, except for one glaring omission: Lisa's Saxophone! Is it just me or is it not included in the set?

Looks great, except for one glaring omission: Lisa's Saxophone! Is it just me or is it not included in the set?

I think it more than likely will be included. We just need to see some of the rooms details more thats all.

Wow, the inside looks great! Makes me wanna get it even more!

Though... this or the Parisian Restaurant? :cry_sad:

If it's not, then it's definitely in the CMF series. :sweet:

-Sci

That looks amazing! I'm a little bothered the walls are the wrong colors though.

The set is pretty much guaranteed to be $200 USD, which is $250 CAD, which is too much. What a shame.

Edited by Floundie

That inside looks great! And I was right when I guessed a few weeks ago that the car will have a sunroof for Marge's hair to stick out of! Yaaay!

I'm still scared about what the potential price for this is going to be. :sceptic:

That looks amazing! I'm a little bothered the walls are the wrong colors though.

They aren't wrong, the colors was changed from pink to light brown. However it bothers me, too, since I've stopped watching Simpsons long ago (it went bad after season 10 imo)

Getting this set is amazing :)

(even though i wish this would have been released 5-10 years ago because I think the show is not as good as it used to be)