Morten

The Simpsons 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Wait, the house was in the retailers catalog?

Well, 'Itaria No Shintaku' who saw the latest retail catalog said this...

B) This also may be very facticious, but, the color they put for the background of the "Licensed One-Set-Only theme" (The Simpsons House?) is very similar to the one of the CMF series 13.

Basically, the set was kinda shown in the catalog, but they didn't show the set itself to keep it a surprise or something. :shrug_confused:

Edited by just2good

Given the price quotes for the house I hope it is a large building and doesnt open up like a doll house like the haunted mansion. I do fear it will be like that though.

Given the price quotes for the house I hope it is a large building and doesnt open up like a doll house like the haunted mansion. I do fear it will be like that though.

I would assume they'd do something modular style and make it so that the top floor lifts off the bottom. With the way the Simpsons house looks in the show I can't imagine a doll house like split in the center would work that well because there would be walls blocking off some rooms. It works for the haunted mansion because they have one room per floor so everything is easily accessible, but with the Simpsons house they have multiple rooms per floor, it just wouldn't be practical.

The voice actor for Ms Krabaple (spelling?) has died. Kind of hope there's a minifigure of her but I doubt it.

Anyways, I might get these minifigures for nostalgia's sake. I haven't actually watched the show in like 11 years (besides a single episode which was pretty good) but I was into it a lot in my childhood.

The voice actor for Ms Krabaple (spelling?) has died. Kind of hope there's a minifigure of her but I doubt it.

Yeah, I'm hoping for one, too. There probably would be if there ever is a second The Simpsons Minifigure Series. The same goes for other retired characters, like Troy Mcclure and Lionel Hutz.

Ok, set for "The Simpsons House" number could be 71006.

At least, there's a 71006 blank set with the same blue color used for minifigures Series 13 planned to be out in may.

I have been asked to post these very little pieces of infos here, so here I am.

Ok, set for "The Simpsons House" number could be 71006.

At least, there's a 71006 blank set with the same blue color used for minifigures Series 13 planned to be out in may.

I have been asked to post these very little pieces of infos here, so here I am.

Very interesting that they're choosing 71006, but I guess this was planned after Series 14 (which I'm guessing is 71005). Thanks again for the info! :sweet:

I can tell the numbers for the bag box:

6059270 for Series 12

6059279 for Series 13

I cannot tell the number for the single bags.

The lines, in a very bad italian (surely roughly translated by someone not able or an automatic program) say more or less this:

S12

• Get the bags and exchange them with your friends
  • Fantastic minifigures extracted from the last Lego movie
  • A tested lego theme
  • Marketing support from studios partner

S13

• You can identify the exclusive and very well known characters
  • Impulse set, can be used as prizes for children
  • Characters make collectablity more appealing
  • Surprise bag make minifigure trade possible

I can tell the numbers for the bag box:

6059270 for Series 12

6059279 for Series 13

I cannot tell the number for the single bags.

The lines, in a very bad italian (surely roughly translated by someone not able or an automatic program) say more or less this:

S12

• Get the bags and exchange them with your friends
  • Fantastic minifigures extracted from the last Lego movie
  • A tested lego theme
  • Marketing support from studios partner

S13

• You can identify the exclusive and very well known characters
  • Impulse set, can be used as prizes for children
  • Characters make collectablity more appealing
  • Surprise bag make minifigure trade possible

I guess this pretty much confirms that we're getting a Licensed Season 13, and Simpsons makes the most sense. Thanks for the information!

I guess this pretty much confirms that we're getting a Licensed Season 13, and Simpsons makes the most sense. Thanks for the information!

Now all we need is some information on the house.

Will this turn into a whole new branch of Lego? "Lego for adults"? I know The Simpsons is hardly kid-appropriate at times.

Does this mean we'll see more sets based on mature television and film? Or is it a one-time deal because the Simpsons are cartoon-y? Perhaps I'm reading too far into it.

Will this turn into a whole new branch of Lego? "Lego for adults"? I know The Simpsons is hardly kid-appropriate at times.

Does this mean we'll see more sets based on mature television and film? Or is it a one-time deal because the Simpsons are cartoon-y? Perhaps I'm reading too far into it.

That's highly dependent on sales. With any theme Lego has if it sells well it's expanded. So it is possible that if the Simpsons does well we might see Lego do more adult oriented sets in the future.

That's highly dependent on sales. With any theme Lego has if it sells well it's expanded. So it is possible that if the Simpsons does well we might see Lego do more adult oriented sets in the future.

Such as what, do you think?

I wouldn't say The Simpsons is more adult than Indiana Jones or Star Wars? Even Harry Potter at times. I don't know, I'm from the UK and I'm under the impression a casual sex reference is seen as far more adult than say, a pile of corpses in America, so it could vary. But I'd be interested in other people's perceptions.

It's not about how well it sells, it's about how being perceived as a more "adult" brand affects the sale of their other products (like City and Duplo), I'd imagine. A lot of parents will boycott everything if some products are considered inappropriate.

Edited by CptPJs

I think that you may be overstating the case a little bit. The UCS sets, Cafe Corner series and "Expert" sets like Sydney Opera House or Tower Bridge are not aimed just at children. I have never met a 12-year-old who got a Unimog set but I know several adults who have.

As for Simpsons not being kid-appropriate: watching the show may be an judgement for individual families but the marketing for the Simpsons has been aimed at children for years. How could you miss the children's lunch boxes, toys, clothing all designed and marketed at children and even toddlers for the last two decades?

I wouldn't say The Simpsons is more adult than Indiana Jones or Star Wars? Even Harry Potter at times. I don't know, I'm from the UK and I'm under the impression a casual sex reference is seen as far more adult than say, a pile of corpses in America, so it could vary. But I'd be interested in other people's perceptions.

It's not really about the sex, though that does contribute to it sure. The Simpsons is controversial for a myriad of reasons. First off it's portrayal of the average American family was a hot button issue in the 90's, even then President Bush SR had a few things to say about that. Then you have to factor in the Simpsons portrayal of things like religion and political issues. Next factor in episodes that deal with issues like drinking, body image and parenting. Factor in some violence (Albeit cartoon violence). Then finally factor in the sex related issues. The Simpsons world, like our own, isn't black and white, and the fact is that when you delve into those issues you manage to offend somebody. The Simpsons is considered more adult because at the end of the day their problems are more similar to real world problems, it's social commentary on America essentially and that's more likely to create controversy.

Things like Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter end up being different. They don't deal with controversial issues, they focus on very black and white good versus evil stories. And often the violence is overlooked because of the fantasy setting. A lot of parents groups seem to be more upset with violence that is easy to imitate, and it's sort of hard to cast spells or force strangle a person in real life, so more often than not parents let it slide. Really it is a double standard, but it is what it is. And yes we are pretty desensitized to violence. But at the end of the day the Simpsons gets more flack because it handles issues that matter to us, while these other movies are mostly low impact adventure films with overly fake effects.

As for Simpsons not being kid-appropriate: watching the show may be an judgement for individual families but the marketing for the Simpsons has been aimed at children for years. How could you miss the children's lunch boxes, toys, clothing all designed and marketed at children and even toddlers for the last two decades?

The marketing for the Simpsons has always been a bit odd. But rarely are those toys for kids (Except maybe the restaurant toys that are made every once in a while). Usually Simpsons toys are figurines that can be displayed in an environment. Usually they lack articulation except maybe a swiveling head and arm and the plastic environments are very basic with some sort of simple function that imitates a scene from the show. Having a few as child I can say they weren't that fun and didn't do much, which being designed as display items they wouldn't be to begin with. And as a kid I never saw any Simpsons toys in a store like Walmart, only Toysrus and hobby stores. The clothing and lunch boxes are a fair point, but honestly I see so few of them. While they may exist, the rarity of seeing them sort of indicates that the market isn't big for them. As far as I can tell the marketing may indeed swing towards kids some of the time, but often its more pointed towards the teen and adult crowd. Even the video games are generally not E rated.

So... Yeah. I never buy leaked figures from eBay. But, when I saw the leaked Homer and Ned heads, I knew I had to get them, and my pal 'bekindsorewind' felt the same way too. I forked over $37, as April is a long time to wait for these heads. Hey, I have some extra money looking at the underwhelming pictures for January 2014 sets of other themes. :tongue:

Here are some pictures. Of course, the torso and leg combinations are not the official ones. I'm really loving the figures! :sweet:

10696697875_f8f85d2f2d.jpg

10696768884_523f13dcb0.jpg

Here's some comparisons on the size of the figures to other minifigure heads...

10696954263_5e8943a4b3.jpg

And, if people still think these are fake, both have the official LEGO moulding info in their heads:

vqMMc9C.png

That's all!

. If any of you have any questions or requests for these heads, let me know! I really want people to buy these figures when they come out.

They look amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on them. Hopefully we will still get minifigures in the house though.

The wait for official pics (or unofficial *wink*) is killing me, but those heads look great in a different light. Nice match for Flanders' torso too.

Thanks for the pics j2g! The comparison shot is also really helpful to see. The picture quality of yours make the pieces look better and less cheap than in the pictures that were on eBay.