Sign in to follow this  
TrumpetKing

Collectible Minifigures Mafia - Day One

Well there be some crazy woman talk going on here, but not much being reviled, as to be expected on the first day of a gator hunt. I ain’t got no problem with people so fer, but there be some alarmin scum-liken-behavior, but I also see random pointin of fingers. However, there’ ain’t no indication as of now which done persons deserve my vote, since we are stuck in the early days emptiness.

Karen .0 Online

Analyzing, Analyzing, Analyzing:

Redneck Translation in Progress:

“Well there’s lots of talk so far, but not surprising for day one it’s mostly roleplaying and little concrete progress. Currently, I don’t have someone I feel is really scummy, mostly only people with scum like behavior such as Britt. However with her situation, I feel it’s more of a situation of a council person looking scummy, with other council people jumping on wagon declaring them scum without a thought. Chances are that’s what it is, since usually day one lynches a council person on the assumption they’re scum; unfortunate but it happens most of the time. Regardless, I think in all situations on day one, we should not jump to conclusions; the day is still young after all. I’m not ready to vote yet, but I’m starting to make a list in my head of those who seem a bit “off” to me."

End Translation.

What the hell Karen! You done call that a Translation?! Stop puttin words up in my mouth!

Vote Tally

Brittney Alfredo (Piratedave84)- 2 (CallMePie, Tamamono)

Melanie Detruccio (mostlytechnic) - 1 (LegoDad)

Roughly 27 hours remain in the day

With 20 players, it takes 11 votes to lynch.

Karen .0 Online

Analyzing, Analyzing, Analyzing:

Redneck Translation in Progress:

“Well there’s lots of talk so far, but not surprising for day one it’s mostly roleplaying and little concrete progress. Currently, I don’t have someone I feel is really scummy, mostly only people with scum like behavior such as Britt. However with her situation, I feel it’s more of a situation of a council person looking scummy, with other council people jumping on wagon declaring them scum without a thought. Chances are that’s what it is, since usually day one lynches a council person on the assumption they’re scum; unfortunate but it happens most of the time. Regardless, I think in all situations on day one, we should not jump to conclusions; the day is still young after all. I’m not ready to vote yet, but I’m starting to make a list in my head of those who seem a bit “off” to me."

End Translation.

That's a pretty bold step of you to call Brittney Town. And why, just because most first day lynches are wrong? Yes, chances are when you pick a random person they'll be Town, but Brittney's not being scrutinized randomly. You're almost acting like it's just a random selection. I do understand what you mean that most first day lynches are wrong, and they are, but you can't call someone suspicious on the first day Town just because they're wrong a lot.

That's a pretty bold step of you to call Brittney Town. And why, just because most first day lynches are wrong? Yes, chances are when you pick a random person they'll be Town, but Brittney's not being scrutinized randomly. You're almost acting like it's just a random selection. I do understand what you mean that most first day lynches are wrong, and they are, but you can't call someone suspicious on the first day Town just because they're wrong a lot.

I think you've been sleeping too much boy! I ain't never called her town, and really me main point was just (As ye said) was that we should not jump to conclusions; I was only pointing out that from what I know so far, I cannot call her town nor scum; and I would liken to say I don't think that I am pointing out that she is scum or town, but more importantly just trying to make sure everyone is keeing a level head and not bandwaggoning on one suspicous statement.

I think you've been sleeping too much boy! I ain't never called her town, and really me main point was just (As ye said) was that we should not jump to conclusions; I was only pointing out that from what I know so far, I cannot call her town nor scum; and I would liken to say I don't think that I am pointing out that she is scum or town, but more importantly just trying to make sure everyone is keeing a level head and not bandwaggoning on one suspicous statement.

You said she was probably a Council member that looked scummy, though.

Why so quick to defend her? Day 1 defenses of someone you should supposedly barely know are scummy. Melanie and Brittney are on my no good scummy scum scum list right now. Besides, you're not giving me inspiration for new material. I've already written a Day 1 defense song. I've let this go before, not happening this time.

Sorry that you thought I was defending her at all - I was just trying to translate for what I thought was someone (Carlisa) was misinterpreting someone else being said. I was just trying to avoid the group going down a wasted path from thinking someone said something they didn't.

And Ronald, I wasn't defending and trying to be subtle about it - I was saying I might be wrong because I might be wrong. I interpreted what Britt said differently that how Carlisa did, so I was discussing and giving my opinion, like Council people are supposed to do.

Sorry that you thought I was defending her at all - I was just trying to translate for what I thought was someone (Carlisa) was misinterpreting someone else being said. I was just trying to avoid the group going down a wasted path from thinking someone said something they didn't.

And Ronald, I wasn't defending and trying to be subtle about it - I was saying I might be wrong because I might be wrong. I interpreted what Britt said differently that how Carlisa did, so I was discussing and giving my opinion, like Council people are supposed to do.

But why do it at all? I'm sure as heck not going to stick my neck on the line for somebody else on Day 1. The only reason to do so would be to take the pressure off of them, and only a teammate would do such a thing.

But why do it at all? I'm sure as heck not going to stick my neck on the line for somebody else on Day 1. The only reason to do so would be to take the pressure off of them, and only a teammate would do such a thing.

Not a teammate (at least that I know of, cause we COULD both be town but I don't know anyone else's loyalties yet) or trying to take pressure off. I said something because

I was discussing and giving my opinion, like Council people are supposed to do.

that's all. Moving on...

oh wait, I don't have anything else to move on to yet since nothing is happening. Drat.

What about all the people we haven't heard much from ? starting to ping my scum-dar here...

In my opinion it's ridiculous to suggest not to lynch for several days. That's just... quirky.

Vote: Melanie Detruccio (mostlytechnic)

Like the laughably transparent drag queen said, this is really not adding anything, but rather attempting to appear to add something.

*falsetto* Well, excu~use me, princess! :hmpf_bad:Tip #24: Never step to Paris Shawty! :angry:

And what makes Britt look like a Council member, dahling?? Statistics? You're seriously defending Britt on the basis that "town is usually lynched Day 1"? Yes, town is usually lynched Day 1, but that doesn't make all suspicions we have on Day 1 town. You're using exactly the same reasoning as your butt buddy Britt. :hmpf_bad:

And the kinky little girl and I called her scum "without a thought"?? :sceptic: So, analyzing the psychology behind making literally the most useless kind of comment is thoughtless, huh?

Thanks for speaking up, though. If Britt flips scum, we know who to look at next. :sweet:

In my opinion it's ridiculous to suggest not to lynch for several days. That's just... quirky.

Vote: Melanie Detruccio (mostlytechnic)

It was a shitty suggestion, but a towntell. The real suspicious thing about Melanie is how she immediately spoke up in favor or Britt...

I see Benvolio reading the thread. Hi Benny!!! :sweet: Mind adding your two cents?

whoa 4 pages of quick reading to get into the game

Benvolio stumbles out of a closet and falls on his face, naked and drunk

gets up and looks around

Buongiorno everybody

Lunch! I hope you morons left me some honey sandwiches. Where's the homeless guy? You'd think he'd be the first one here, stuffing his face.

Lunch, did someone say lunch, ah pranzo, gnam gnam

*falsetto* Oh, also, Benvolio has yet to post. Benvolio, Benvolio, where for art though, Benvolio!?

gets abit closer to Paris

Ciao bella... bello :wink:

Off Roleplay

Have to reread some more to get more into this game before I can say anything

this was something that sticked out, that Melanie (mostlytechnic) suggested that we could try not to lynch anybody first days... hmm Okay (not ok-ey) a fair suggestion but what really do we have to go on tomorrow then. Okay (not ok-ey) there is the one that we lynch a town and probably it will be a town because it is so hard to say from first day whom is town and whom is scum because the posts are most roleplay and fluff.

But I think also it would be not so smart to not lynch

*eagerly munches on the dog biscuit, licks lips invitingly*

Mmmm that's good! :tongue: I think the fact that we've seen some reasonably insightful discussion in the past few hours - for instance, in the reactions to Britt (Piratedave84) and Melanie (mostlytechnic) - should be enough to disprove the naysayers who claim that no good analysis or nothing worth analyzing comes from Day One.

My skin senses are tingling - and just like several others here, they're telling me to be suspicious of Britt (Piratedave84). Trying to argue that scum lynches and solid leads are difficult to find on the first day is one thing, but suggesting that there is absolutely nothing to analyze (and thus, that we shouldn't even attorney to analyze) is a completely different story. It feels like an attempt to push town discussion away from something useful and towards a random (and likely Townie) lynch. The fact that scum lynches on Day One are rare shouldn't discourage us from working towards one and relying on a policy lynch, and it certainly shouldn't discourage us from lynching over the course of this game... of life.

In response to Melanie (mostlytechnic) and her "defense" of Britt (Piratedave84), I can see where people are coming from in finding it suspicious. That said, my personal reaction to the post was that it was an attempt to clarify the meaning of the term "policy lynch", so I'm currently more inclined to suspect Britt (Piratedave84) than Melanie (mostlytechnic). On a semi-related note, I'm surprised that discussion about a no-lynch policy lasted for so long. It's as if it was the go-to topic to discuss if you wanted to echo stuff that had already been said but appear as if you were contributing.

Before I place a vote, I'd like to hear what Britt (Piratedave84) has to say - that is, if she can pull herself away from her board games long enough to give us a response!

*pants eagerly, caressing collar and licking pale, beautiful skin*

While I completely disagree with Melanie's idea to depend on night actions for the entire game, her proposal of it and pursuit of such a reckless idea doesn't really give me a scummy vibe. However, I am interested why Melanie defended Brittney and then just ended her post with "that's what I think of it at least". To me it sounded like she wanted to subtly defend her by saying at the end that her defense may be wrong.

I agree with you that Melanie's idea sounds not-scum, but I disagree that her statement was a subtle defense. IMO, it's very rare for scum to openly communicate with their teammates, either in defense or offence on day one. I'm not as sure myself of your own Townyhood for bringing it up the way you did. This strikes me as a soft agreement with the Town consensus, setting yourself up for joining the bandwagon.

Again, I disagree that a scum would do something like that. A scum's best chance to avoid suspicion on day one (and other days) is to avoid drawing ties between eachother, and communicating only to Townies.

It was a shitty suggestion, but a towntell.

Last things I'll say on the no lynch idea - statistically, it's solid. Makes for a boring game, but it DOES increase the odds of town winning. (at least having no lynch for the first day or two) See the second post here: http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=87580

I agree with you that Melanie's idea sounds not-scum, but I disagree that her statement was a subtle defense. IMO, it's very rare for scum to openly communicate with their teammates, either in defense or offence on day one. I'm not as sure myself of your own Townyhood for bringing it up the way you did. This strikes me as a soft agreement with the Town consensus, setting yourself up for joining the bandwagon.

Yeah, for those who think I was defending anyone, really, what was there to defend?

- this is day 1 and it's pretty much inevitable that we will mislynch, as is usually the case.

- it's WAY too early to analyse anything; those saying that we can analyse day 1 posts are probably trying to get the attention away from them, this does not mean they are scum though.

- everyone is suspicious so I will advocate my usual policy lynch for day one.

- no-lynch on day one (or any other day) is a bad idea IMO.

I've decided to return to this post, and there are definitely some things simply off about it.

Brittney seems to be advocating not only essentially doing nothing, but also lynching anyway - so, at random, basically. What? :wacko: You say we shouldn't analyze anything at all yet, that we're likely to mislynch, but then say you want to lynch somebody today. It equates:

Do nothing

Analyze nothing

Lynch anyway

The rest is simply fluff and filler To be honest, this post would seem less scummy if Brittney advocated a no lynch, and even then it still would ping my scumdar. :wacko:

Vote: Brittney Alfredo (PirateDave84)

I've decided to return to this post, and there are definitely some things simply off about it.

Brittney seems to be advocating not only essentially doing nothing, but also lynching anyway - so, at random, basically. What? :wacko: You say we shouldn't analyze anything at all yet, that we're likely to mislynch, but then say you want to lynch somebody today. It equates:

Do nothing

Analyze nothing

Lynch anyway

The rest is simply fluff and filler To be honest, this post would seem less scummy if Brittney advocated a no lynch, and even then it still would ping my scumdar. :wacko:

Hey! Don't look at me; scrutinize someone else! I am a member of the council! Oh! Look over here, someone misinterpreting what I said, (actually there are several of you who did that!).

What I said was:

- we will lynch town today; you're already doing a great job towards that goal in voting for me; keep it up!

- you cannot pretend to analyse posts as nothing of value was said not do we have previous behaviour to analyse; I would love to see an in depth analysis of today's posts!

- my usual policy on day one is to lynch a lurker; it's never paid off but frankly what else can we do?

I usually vote at random on day one but this time around I feel that pilling on a case which has very little substance is worthy of a vote.

vote: Carlisa Masinelli (endgame)

I think I should make clear that this is not an OMGUS vote but rather my opinion that piling on and then proceeding to not vote for me is scummy as hell. If you truly find my comments to be wack, then vote for me. You should do it now before the bandwagon picks up steam; it's easier for scum to hide if you vote early.

*Yawns* *Rubs eyes*

So Paris, you decided to preach this,

*falsetto* All too often in these games of life, one person will say something that doesn't necessarily ~agree~ with everyone else, and will be lynched (example is a drunk taking back his read on a young lady in a Western). Not because they're scum, but because they're human. Humans make mistakes. Have you seen how often someone is lynched for one line on Day 1 and flips town? A lot.

And then do something completely different

*falsetto* "We're going to lynch town no matter what we do, so let's just do nothing and then vote random town" - Brittney

Usually I ask people to explain things before I vote for them, but there's no explanation for this...

Vote: Brittney (PirateDave)

This inconsistency is what made me feel uncomfortable. :sceptic:Vote: Paris Shawty (Tamamono)

*Yawns* *Rubs eyes*

So Paris, you decided to preach this,

And then do something completely different

This inconsistency is what made me feel uncomfortable. :sceptic:Vote: Paris Shawty (Tamamono)

*falsetto* You're misunderstanding what I said completely, dahling. :facepalm: I was referring to genuine town mistakes, such as an alligator in a slutty storybook saying we should lynch someone with penalties or the drunk taking back his read on a young lady. These are genuine mistakes that can be made by anyone and are only too commonly misread.

What Brittney did is completely different than what I was talking about, and I explained that right here:

She tried to do what the rest of us were doing and add her "two cents" on what a Day One analysis should be, but basically just added nothing and encouraged us to do nothing. While there are a lot of other people doing nothing, the fact that she was trying to do something while doing nothing is a real scumtell, dahlings. Some lazy town will just be lazy town. Scum will try their best to blend in with town, hence the difference between Britt and, say, people like the bartender from the Western.

Here you can clearly see that I do not see Britt's post as a "townie mistake". The way she subtly "contributed" to the topic at hand with nothing at all was definitely not a townie mistake - it was obviously very much preconceived to appear as helpful while still saying literally nothing. Albeit, the way she's digging her heels in now is making me question my read on her a bit (scum usually concedes ground), but that was definitely not the kind of "townie mistake" I was referring to.

I don't like the way you intentionally cut out the part where I rationally explained my vote, dahling. :hmpf_bad:

Last things I'll say on the no lynch idea - statistically, it's solid. Makes for a boring game, but it DOES increase the odds of town winning. (at least having no lynch for the first day or two) See the second post here: http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=87580

There has to be a consensus for your idea to work. Not in our case, I think you are alone there mate.

It was a shitty suggestion, but a towntell. The real suspicious thing about Melanie is how she immediately spoke up in favor or Britt...

Interesting to note Melaine is town telling you and suspicious at the same time. How is a shitty suggestion a town tell? Please enlighten me.

Here's another edition of The Adventures of Romeo Barnaby...

Tuesday 13 June 1993 0800Hrs. Breakfast. Drats! Ran out of food! So I drank cactus juice for breakfast... Not a delicacy around here. I prefer roast chicken...

Vote Tally

Brittney Alfredo (Piratedave84) - 3 (CallMePie, Tamamono, Endgame)

Melanie Detruccio (Mostlytechnic) - 2 (LegoDad, PsyKater)

Carlisa Masinelli (Endgame) - 1 (Piratedave84)

Paris Shawty (Tamamono) - 1 (Purpearljellyblob)

With 20 players, a majority of 11 votes are required to form a lynch.

21 Hours remain in the day.

Interesting to note Melaine is town telling you and suspicious at the same time. How is a shitty suggestion a town tell? Please enlighten me.

*falsetto* Melanie seemed pretty genuine and active about her suggestion - like a townie should be about what they believe in. I personally don't agree with her idea that we should never vote, but her manner in suggesting and promoting it was definitely that of a townie. :thumbup:

The thing I'm suspicious of... well, that makes me uneasy is a better way to put it - is how she immediately answered for Brittney.

Hope this cleared this up for you, dahling~ :sweet:

I think I should make clear that this is not an OMGUS vote but rather my opinion that piling on and then proceeding to not vote for me is scummy as hell. If you truly find my comments to be wack, then vote for me. You should do it now before the bandwagon picks up steam; it's easier for scum to hide if you vote early.

...I did vote, Brittney. :wacko: This looks more like flailing then anything.

What I said was:

- we will lynch town today; you're already doing a great job towards that goal in voting for me; keep it up!

- you cannot pretend to analyse posts as nothing of value was said not do we have previous behaviour to analyse; I would love to see an in depth analysis of today's posts!

- my usual policy on day one is to lynch a lurker; it's never paid off but frankly what else can we do?

- Since no lynch is bad, and analyzing posts is bad, it seems like your logic has room for no other option anyway.

- I don't think any pretending is being done. Your posts are being genuinely analyzed and come across as scummy to at least a few people.

- Ana-freaking-lyze posts.

I usually vote at random on day one but this time around I feel that pilling on a case which has very little substance is worthy of a vote.

That's analyzing!!! See? Don't you think Carlisa has a better chance of being scum than just randomly picking out somebody else since you have reason (as poor logic as it is) to vote for her? Can you see now how asking everyone to make random, uninformed votes can be less than advisable? :facepalm:

Anyway...right now I'm feeling like Melanie was just trying to clear up what Brittney meant. Like Margaret said, it reminds me of a story of vikings that once lynched someone who did the same, if I recall correctly.

Scratches behind Danyelle's ears.

...I did vote, Brittney. :wacko: This looks more like flailing then anything.

Oh yeah! Oops! I did not see that with all my flailing and all!

*falsetto* Melanie seemed pretty genuine and active about her suggestion - like a townie should be about what they believe in. I personally don't agree with her idea that we should never vote, but her manner in suggesting and promoting it was definitely that of a townie. :thumbup:

The thing I'm suspicious of... well, that makes me uneasy is a better way to put it - is how she immediately answered for Brittney.

Hope this cleared this up for you, dahling~ :sweet:

Clearing Melanie as Town on Day 1 whilst having some suspicions/uneasiness about her activity doesn't sit very well with me.

Of these, both Tybalt and Ronald posted fairly on-topic posts. While not towntells specifically, I feel like these people need less of an incentive to participate than the others. :thumbup:

I also don't quite understand the last sentence in BOLD . Everyone should participate, seems like you are giving them a free pass to not participate. Once again. Please enlighten me.