Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Loving the vulture droid, and as I am not one to buy multiples of sets, I may just buy 2-3 of the Vulture droid, despite its cost

And I for one like those new blasters, but other than that everything else is "alright". This wave is much better than I had expected and despite being nowhere (and I mean nowhere) near as good as this years or (especially) last years wave. But that is mostly due to the Utuapau battle pack.

And am I the only one not significantly disapointed by the lack of a new Boga? It may have been out of their budget, but I was so sure she'd be included, and now to wait for the summer wave!!!

Pretty cool new sets, I'm impressed with this wave. Like others have said though I hate those new blasters, so good thing they're only in the battle packs. But then those spring loaded missiles are in every other set with the exception of the Wheel Bike. I don't really like all of these new playability features Lego's trying to put in with this wave. Still, everything else seems pretty nice.

I also found it weird how the astromech in the V-Wing Is just called "Astromech Droid". Usually the astromechs Lego uses in sets are named but I guess this one isn't.

I am loving these new sets! The Grievous wheel bike is my personal favorite along with the vulture droid. Definite design improvements on them. Not sure what to say about the new blasters other than I'll save any opinions until I actually try them.

Everyone is not looking those new shooters and spring loaded missiles, but I bet the target audience will love them. There are about 7 figures I want, but no sets. I'd like to think I'll save money this wave, but buying just the figures will probably break the bank due to how high sellers price them.

The BPs look absolutely stunning! The octopurra droid looks horrible though, but the figures make up for it. Definitely getting the interceptor and the wheel bike as well.

Hope we get pictures of the police gunship soon!

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I agree just a bit with you on this. I've been waiting for a imperial officer in black. The DS battle pack would've been great set to introduce this figure. But TLG have failed again on that.

There's an Imperial Officer in black with the Microfighters Star Destroyer isn't there?

So, am I the only one who really is dissapointed by most of this wave?

Okay, I like the battle bakes of this wave for sure, especially the Utapau Battle Pack and I'll pick all those up, but the other sets just don't have the same feeling they have had in the past, the feeling of a good designed vehicle with minifigs that came from the scene that set was supposed to be based on and all this for a reasonable price. Now it seems like were getting the sets with little next to no improvements along with minifigs that are just placed in there to call the set new for a an extermly high price. I don't know, I personally hope the summer wave is a lot better.

Maybe it's just me but most of these sets look almost as bad as the awful new logo. Too many are just a bunch of minfigures thrown in with a vaguely Star Wars related vehicle, or simply repeats of recent sets (Anakin's Jedi Interceptor 9494 is still on the shelves but they're already bringing out a new but clearly inferior version?).

I'll get the DS set for some Gunners for my Death Star but would have preferred another Death Squad Star Trooper and an Imperial Officer to the Royal Guards (which while slightly more movie-accurate don't look like they'll be compatible with my exisiting ones).

It's a sad day when I look at a new SW set and the most exciting thing I notice are new foliage pieces (Battle on Saleucami). I hope there's a couple of decent exclusives because this lineup looks rotten to me.

Edited by TeufelHund

Most interested in the Utapau Airborne, they'll fit nicely for the Republic Gunships I purchased. Sweet!

These sets are way more amazing than I anticipated! :wub_drool: I was hoping they wouldn't be that good but now I have to buy all of them (That Utapau bp alone is going to bankrupt me with how many I'll get)! The only way it could get better is if there was a 501st bp (I don't think I could go on if that happened), thanks so much for these, it really brightened my otherwise crappy day. :innocent2:

Almost all of these sets are going to be a challenge to pass on. Some nice blues on 3 sets I was originally going to ignore. Some great minifigs in all the others...

Wow! I am loving all of these sets! (Equally, of course!) Im glad they finally made a new wheel bike, that's been on my wanted list for a LONG time. I might pick up the new Jedi fighter, I still have my old one complete with easily broken vulture droid! (Sigh)

Why would Lego ruin the Battle Packs with those lame blasters? Do they know that the SW theme is popular with adults?

Lego nailed the look of the Death Star Gunners. The design of the helmets are perfect! The Nemoidian Warrior looks pretty awesome too.

Overall looks like a fairly solid wave, although not the most exciting. Hopefully this is it for ROTS and the second wave will focus on the other five movies.

Is anyone else disappointed with the lack of a boga in the Previous Bike set? IMO lego threw out a golden opportunity.

Yeah that was pretty disapointing. The current one is oversized and looks dated without the printing. It really could've used an update.

Someone, Please tell me when these sets will be released in the U.S. at the earliest possible instance! I know the US store "Toys R Us" gets them early. Is that correct? I would like to have these sets in my possession by Dec. 25. thanks.

Wow! For the first time in years there is not one single vehicle or build in this release that I have any interest in. Maybe the classic Death Star cannon from the DS BP? Nothing swoosh able, nothing really great to display. Just a third V Wing (which is 2 more than we need for a ship with 2 seconds of screen time that does nothing) The what 4th yellow Anakin Fighter? And the ATAP which is un identifiable in the movie unless you freeze frame. (Sorry but I pretty much loathe Droid vehicles in any form)

I think I am going to be BL'ing a lot of figs this year.

Someone, Please tell me when these sets will be released in the U.S. at the earliest possible instance! I know the US store "Toys R Us" gets them early. Is that correct? I would like to have these sets in my possession by Dec. 25. thanks.

TRU normally get the sets about 2-3 weeks early. So new Ninjago, City and Hobbit sets are starting to appear now and are confirmed for Dec 1 Lego store and general release in the US. No sign or word regarding Star Wars. SW normally releases in Europe first.

Wow! For the first time in years there is not one single vehicle or build in this release that I have any interest in. Maybe the classic Death Star cannon from the DS BP? Nothing swoosh able, nothing really great to display. Just a third V Wing (which is 2 more than we need for a ship with 2 seconds of screen time that does nothing) The what 4th yellow Anakin Fighter? And the ATAP which is un identifiable in the movie unless you freeze frame. (Sorry but I pretty much loathe Droid vehicles in any form)

I think I am going to be BL'ing a lot of figs this year.

This is why ROTS sets are always my least anticipated. Most of the ships and vehicles are too obscure and only appear for a couple of seconds. There's not really anything memorable aside from what already appeared in the previous movies.

Edited by wesker

I seem to be one of the few people here who enjoys getting their hands on as many different clones as possible. They just have more variety than the OT soldiers. This wave is going to be a dream for me.(Meanwhile my wallet curses LEGO's name.)

Well it's the DS Battle Pack, A Chewie and a new Artoo with Silver head on BL I think!

Cheap round for those of us with only OT and EU love!

My thoughts exactly!

Is anyone else disappointed with the lack of a boga in the Previous Bike set? IMO lego threw out a golden opportunity.

I have to agree, luckily I have a 2005 one lying around somewhere.