Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

And what's new about Plo Koon? Both his head and the torso seem to be the same as before... :sceptic:

Maybe he has printed legs and gets the NEW sticker besides therefor! :wacko: Has happened before ...

DARN IT LEGO! I'm going to go broke with these awesome sets! Between this and Super Heros, my pocket will be sad!

First the battle packs: Nice army building possibilities. I'm definitely going to get at least four of the Utapau BP! Same with the Kashyyyk BP. I'm loving the AV-7 cannon! I just wish Wolffe was still coming with it. Him and a gunner would complete the set. The other sets are still good, but i'll only get the AT-AP, DG, and V-wing. I might pick up the vulture droid, but I don't know right now.

All the sets are great, but phase 2 Commander Wolffe should have been in the AV-7 cannon. Other than that, these are all solid sets, except for the tri-pod, that was just lazy on TLG's part.

Only a DS battlepack for me in this wave I guess.. (and maybe a Kashyyk one... depends on how future reviews manage to convince me..). But I still think it is a pitty the DS pack doesn't offer a greater variety.

A pack with a DS gunner, a guard, a DS trooper and a stormie (or officer) would have been ideal and have me buy multiples.. now it will be probably just one, 2 maximum..

I'll have to bricklink a new Chewie too I fear... not that I like the new version that much, but the old version looks so outdated next to all the newly printed figures..

The new blasters? Yuck! nothing more to say about those..

They probably backed out of Commander Wolfe becasue his helmet would need completely different printing and they could cut costs that way since TCW is a dying line within the Star Wars Lego universe.

The art for the Utapau set makes it look even worse, it's so sparse compared to the other sets and really exposes its spindliness. The other packs are cool, but apart from those and the AT-AP though, a lot of underwhelming rehashes. I think I even prefer the cut down AV7 from the battlepack to the full size one.

They probably backed out of Commander Wolfe becasue his helmet would need completely different printing and they could cut costs that way since TCW is a dying line within the Star Wars Lego universe.

As someone suggested earlier, they might be saving him for the Coruscant Police Gunship.

I have to say the sets look better in the new pics, but it has not changed my mind about them.

I have to admit the figures are fantastic and they all have great detail but on the other hand I have to say the attempts at some the sets are dreadful especially the Utapau BP.

The LEGO designers seem to have put all their effort into the figures but their set designs are simply lacking... However Grevious' bike is rather nice along with the interceptor!

Is one of the plant pieces in the Saleucami set a new piece? The one with the twirl?

They look like they are, I saw that too. I think they will not be very usefull except in swamp MOCs.

It looks like we'll get the armada helmet in brown. Nice! :pir_yoda:

It looks more like copper to me :wink:

The new box design is very awesome, at first glimpse I need the BPs, Grievous's bike, the droid fighter and the droid gunship. The new droid ships turned out really well, and spiced them up with some new figs (the neimoidian looks awesome!). I'm still itching to see the police gunship, because there are many great figure ideas that I expect to see in that set. Oh this will be an economically painful year as well :grin:

The sets look like horrible garbage, but that's prequel sets for you.

However I would like to say that the box art, Death Vador, looks stunning!

I'm glad the people that like the prequels like the sets. I'm certainly not going to comment on them as I'm incredibly biased when it comes to SW and I'm just glad this wave isn't going to cost me a fortune.

I'm actually interested to see whether the Imperial Officer in the Microfighters is a new print to go with the Rebel Pilot. Han is just the new Han with blue pants and we'll see if the Tie Fighter Pilot is tweaked at all.

The only thing I cared about was the DS gunner's helmet and it turned out well, that battle pack is simply perfect, small, cheap, and with some unique and almost exclusive figs that I never had and always wanted, all is forgiven LEGO.

I thought the box art looks like Vader was in the middle of a fight and saw a penny lying on the ground.

I like the new blasters; they are certainly more welcome than flick fire, in that they don't look nearly as out of place on sets. The Utapau troopers give a good view of the firing mechanism- a little grey piece that sticks out of the top.

The cannon looks good but the tri-droid is pretty weak. Still, it's a battle pack, so that is nothing new. I just wish the parts included were a bit more useful- too many hinges and technic bits.

If they dropped a super battle droid and added a clone to Battle of Saleucami, it would have been perfect. Or better yet, include a non-CW version of Ki Adi Mundo, Aayla Secura, or any of the other CW-only Jedi. I figure each jedi so far has a specialized "hat", so it only makes sense that they would want to reuse the mold, especially since the head piece is the only thing that really needs changing.

Between that hat and rifle, the Nemoidian Warrior looks like he stepped out of the pirates line. Still looking forward to him, though. The Vulture Droid seems a bit large, I think I like the smaller scale used in previous models better, especially if it lowers the cost of the kit.

Edited by jindianajonz

Having seen the pics now, I'm more impressed with the sets than I thought I would be, they look great, cannot wait to get a few of those battle packs.

The Episode 3 3D release would've come around right about now, right? :grin:

Well, looks like good figures all round, but some of the builds appear a bit... uninspired, smaller sets in particular. Vulture Droid is apparently comically outsized, Droid Gunship and AT-AP seem suspiciously similar to their previous releases. The Wheel Bike looks pretty neat though...

Edited by Commander_Rob

I'm not sure about these new spring loaded shooters, they seem too action figure like. and also, why are there no plain white clones? It's been almost 3 years since we've had one. :hmpf_bad:

I thought the box art looks like Vader was in the middle of a fight and saw a penny lying on the ground.

haha, you've ruined that image for me, but it's a funny idea, so I don't mind.

Anybody knows what's suposed to be new on Plo Koon?