Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Here's the pic I took of all the AT-ATs together, to get a sense of scale:

From left to right, the new one (75054), the motorized (10178), the 2010 version (8129), and the original (4483)

Josh

Thank you for that picture. Very helpful.

Not sure why some people have been complaining about but it looks to me that the new AT AT is pretty accurate and certainly a decent size compared to the rest of them.

Satine - Mandalorian leader, pacifist, ex-lover of Obi-Wan, now deceased

Sabine - Mandalorian rebel, employs graffiti in her defiance of the Empire

:classic:

I'm wondering about how close their names are, considering the two characters were basically created by the same people? It doesn't seem like they would leave that possibility of character confusion there unless they in some way intended to? Possibly related to Satine in some way? Of note, she looks to be about the right age to have been born around the beginning of the Clone Wars. Probably about 16 at the time of Rebels. Her helmet is not the standard Mando hat and instead is the same custom owl eyed helmet design as is sported by Bo Katan, Satine's sister. Younger sister? Niece? Secret love child of Obi Wan and Satine? Or just Filoni reusing names he likes and already finished 3d models?

I think they're all decent except for the MTT, and the rebels sets. I doubt those will even sell very well anyway.

I think the Rebels sets will surprise us. TCW sets did quite well over the years. The Ghost especially seems to be eye catching. Which makes it stand out a bit in a wave full of 2nd 3rd and 4th versions of things. (5th for the Snowspeeder). I think the big sets of interest will be #1 (by a huge margin) Mos Eisley, and after that it may start veering in unexpected directions. Looking at the sets on the shelf, surprisingly the ISD does not draw the eye. The box art is just a big grey slab. Nothing about it screams "take me home!". The AT-AT isn't bad. But the new never seen before Jedi Scout Ship and the Ghost really draw the eye. They are good looking ships. Very distinct.

Wow, that pic is great! would you mind if I put it in the comparison topic?

I didn't realize there was a comparison topic, but feel free to use that pic in it. If you need any other comparison pics, let me know. I'm not a great photographer, but I do have 95% of all the LEGO Star Wars sets (don't have most of the technic statues, the UCS statues, and some mini sets).

Josh

From the box, it looks like the MTT has 944 pieces. Not bad.

I had to shrink the photo considerably, but the MTT actually has 954 pieces.

Josh

Thanks, my eyes are horrible at reading small things.

I'm wondering about how close their names are, considering the two characters were basically created by the same people? It doesn't seem like they would leave that possibility of character confusion there unless they in some way intended to? Possibly related to Satine in some way? Of note, she looks to be about the right age to have been born around the beginning of the Clone Wars. Probably about 16 at the time of Rebels. Her helmet is not the standard Mando hat and instead is the same custom owl eyed helmet design as is sported by Bo Katan, Satine's sister. Younger sister? Niece? Secret love child of Obi Wan and Satine? Or just Filoni reusing names he likes and already finished 3d models?

I think Satine would've told Obi-Wan as she was dying that he had a daughter out there. She looks nothing like either Satine or Obi-Wan as well… nor is her helmet the same as Bo Katan's; Katan's has a much more defined "point" jutting down between the eyes (thus not even the same model). Even if they were identical, there's also one important point about Katan & Sabine: they are the only female Mandos we've seen in armor, as I recall (unless there were some others w/ Katan's group in the Ahsoka episode where Katan was introduced, or in the Maul eps, and I'm just forgetting) so the owl-eye helmets might just be a style preferred by Mando women in general. (A Lego version will likely be the same Mando helmet we've known for years, just with a fairly unique visor print)

Lastly: Phil, Will. Jason, Mason. Luke, Duke. Han, Dan. Just because two people have a first name that sounds the same or is almost identical doesn't mean they're related at all… I would be very disappointed if Sabine turns out to be Bo's daughter or niece or whatever. The galaxy doesn't have to be as small as George Lucas tried to make it in the prequels! :classic:

I didn't quote this bit, but I also think the Rebels sets will do well, especially once the series is up & running. I hope it becomes as big for TLG as TCW was! TCW faces aside, there were some great sets & figures in there.

Not sure if this has been confirmed... But the UCS Slave 1 has been confirmed by the Lego store...

I had asked to see the lists of sets coming in for the next month and so to see if I could pinpoint exactly when the Exo-Suit was coming and if I could get it early, and in mid-August a set called "UCS Slave 1" was on the list...

Not sure if this has been confirmed... But the UCS Slave 1 has been confirmed by the Lego store...

I had asked to see the lists of sets coming in for the next month and so to see if I could pinpoint exactly when the Exo-Suit was coming and if I could get it early, and in mid-August a set called "UCS Slave 1" was on the list...

Wow! That means pretty much 3 "UCS" or high end "Creator Expert" sets hitting at near the same time. (Slave 1, Tumbler and Mini Cooper). Hopefully they don't canibalize each other in sales. I can't remember how normal that sort of release is? Do they typically do the D2C sets all in a lump?

Don't mean to toot my own horn but yes it was I who confirmed the set a couple of pages back. Thank you for soldifying the report

Thank you for that picture. Very helpful.

Not sure why some people have been complaining about but it looks to me that the new AT AT is pretty accurate and certainly a decent size compared to the rest of them.

Its not the size of the set that bothers me, but the proportions of the body. They don't look right - and the two versions before it weren't any better either. The only AT-AT thats really captured the shape of the "torso" is the original 4483.

As awesome as this is just for the AT-ATs, the hints of the rest of your collection around the edges looks amazing! You need to make a new thread to showcase everything you've got!

Here's the pic I took of all the AT-ATs together, to get a sense of scale:

R9s92vL.jpg

From left to right, the new one (75054), the motorized (10178), the 2010 version (8129), and the original (4483)

Josh

You need to make a new thread to showcase everything you've got!

I vote for putting it in the "show your army/collection/etc" thread!

Wow! That means pretty much 3 "UCS" or high end "Creator Expert" sets hitting at near the same time. (Slave 1, Tumbler and Mini Cooper). Hopefully they don't canibalize each other in sales. I can't remember how normal that sort of release is? Do they typically do the D2C sets all in a lump?

Four if the new flagship Technic set drops that day, too.

Four if the new flagship Technic set drops that day, too.

It might be out today? I was in the Lego store and I saw them stocking a ton of new Technic. I didn't notice if they had that big Volvo Earthmover.

I think I'll pay a trip to the Liverpool Lego store tomorrow to bother them about the August release and see if they spill anything. Fingers crossed.

I didn't realize there was a comparison topic, but feel free to use that pic in it. If you need any other comparison pics, let me know. I'm not a great photographer, but I do have 95% of all the LEGO Star Wars sets (don't have most of the technic statues, the UCS statues, and some mini sets).

Josh

There is! I will update it with your pic and you can give it a look, I would also be very pleased if you could share some of the missing comparisons and any others that you wish to provide, lots of thanks.

I hope the Slave 1 will be a different color than dark red. I don't feel that color is very accurate for the model. Guess we will find out soon! (Hopefully)

interesting they're talking about the Slave 1 possibly in over a month, perhaps and SDCC reveal in a week or so?

Seems we get very little images out of Lego these days, they've really tightened up over the last 18 months or so.

Seems like the summer wave has hit the US. Found all of the new releases at the Lego Store in Utah today. They said they've had them for a few days now.

Seems like the summer wave has hit the US. Found all of the new releases at the Lego Store in Utah today. They said they've had them for a few days now.

Odd. Why aren't the new sets on the US Lego store or on toysrus website?

The Lego stores almost always put sets out a few days before a wave launches on the website...

Some sets are locked into specific dates though, and even if they have them early, they can't put those out. Aside from those, I believe it's manager discretion if they want to try and squeeze the new stuff onto the shelves early.