Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Doesn't make sense why would the description say make sure they have there weapons when there's no enemies and say recreate iconic scenes when you only have han and greedos famous scene

Doesn't make sense why would the description say make sure they have there weapons when there's no enemies and say recreate iconic scenes when you only have han and greedos famous scene

I guess there's the stormtrooper, but him and luke never cross paths in this scene. so it it is kind of odd.

@Obi-wan Kenobi: Yeah, but Wuher is just a regular human without any special characteristics :tongue: He could quite easily be MOC(k)ed :wink:

The Palpatine hologram also sounds interesting and according to the reports it's translucent, which makes this the first transparent microfig :sweet: Now I wonder whether it's more like the POTC voodoo doll/CMF trophy or the microfigs used in the board games, I think both would work :classic:

Is there a chance that those figures weren't ready to display if the Dewback was still Prelim so they put three of the finished Bith figures in? Who knows... time will tell.

Reading the review of the calendar it seems it's regular price and I like that the Green R2 Unit should match the headpiece on the micro fighter X Wing.... if you don't want it to look like a tree that is!

So who's Friggin' Dan? Is he a Bith? If so that's our 8 sorted.

3 Biths, that goes against the norm for TLG, I wasn't expecting that. Everyone I told 3 was probably not going to happen can do a little dance.

Is there a chance that those figures weren't ready to display if the Dewback was still Prelim so they put three of the finished Bith figures in? Who knows... time will tell.

It says that most sets didn't have minifigs present, but rather had a card that showed them.

Yes he's a bith that's probably why the third squidward had diffrent printing

Edited by legos486

So who's Friggin' Dan? Is he a Bith? If so that's our 8 sorted.

3 Biths, that goes against the norm for TLG, I wasn't expecting that. Everyone I told 3 was probably not going to happen can do a little dance.

Dan is the Bith band leader.

3 Bith figs? While I'm excited we're finally getting that fig, I'm bummed we're getting THREE of them in one go, instead of Ponda Baba or any other Cantina alien or character. Two would have been a perfect number. Maybe this set will be modular and we'll get more Cantina aliens in the next few waves, but I highly doubt it. :cry_sad: Oh well.

Could the other two Bith be placeholders for other figures? It's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Could the other two Bith be placeholders for other figures? It's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

I wish it was so, but I highly doubt it.

3 Bith figs? While I'm excited we're finally getting that fig, I'm bummed we're getting THREE of them in one go, instead of Ponda Baba or any other Cantina alien or character. Two would have been a perfect number. Maybe this set will be modular and we'll get more Cantina aliens in the next few waves, but I highly doubt it. :cry_sad: Oh well.

These are my exact thoughts as well. Such a missed opportunity not to include such important Cantina characters. :hmpf_bad:

As soon as I heard from Pablo94 that only six figs were listed in the catalog, three Bith is what I concluded. Nevertheless I remained in denial due to the fact that it seemed such an odd decision to not make at least Ponda. But alas, my rational brain was right. I join the chorus singing songs of lament for our Walrusman :(

I guess there's the stormtrooper, but him and luke never cross paths in this scene. so it it is kind of odd.

Luke and Obi-Wan encounter the Stormtrooper while in the landspeeder. Plus we have the ability to recreate the scene of Obi-Wan and Luke meeting Han. Then Han shooting Greedo and finally you can recreate the band playing. It's not the most exciting scene recreations, but it is accurate to say you can recreate several scenes (Even if only one of them is really worth the time).

Dak Ralter, I was praying for a new Wedge or other pilot but yep, Luke and his gunner. :wacko: Hope for a new face with orange goggles.

Edited by Snowspeeder Pilot

so is Lego done with those old realistic blasters and sticking with the new projectile ones?

edit; nevermind. Had a closer look at Winter 2014 sets and they seem exclusive to the 'Trooper' packs.

Edited by RJDykes

In summary we know that the Minifigures in the Cantina set are:

- Bith (3x or 2x & Figrin Dann)

- Han Solo

- Luke Skywalker

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

- Stormtrooper

- Greedo (Not Confirmed but Likely)

If the 2+ NEW MINIFIGURES statement on preliminary catalogue was referring to the Cantina set, then I believe that Greedo is 1 new figure and the 3 Biths are the other one as they are all the same/identical. In that case the other 4 figures are not new and/or updated. While Luke, Han and the Stormtrooper have fairly recent designs that would work well with this set, It would be neat to see a double sided face or leg printing on the Obi-Wan figure that we last saw in 2011's Millennium Falcon. People can disagree with me on this but I think it is likely that The LEGO Group won't be releasing a Cantina with 8 new and/or redesigned figures. What does everyone else think?

It's a toy for kids, it doesn't have to make sense.

I'm disapointed with the B-Wing's line up. The Y-Wing pilot is useless and I don't see the point in another Ten Numb when we still haven't gotten Nien Numb yet. Would have been better to have gotten an updated General Lando or an all new General Leia.

Three Biths in the Cantina seem like a bit of a waste too when there's still more important characters out there like Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan and Garindan. At least the Landspeeder is coming in a new colour this time instead of tan again.

Typical of lego, re-releasing sets we've seen multiple times before, with smaller model size and probably higher price points!

We already have about 4 snowspeeders! So why make another one? We already have 3 AT-ATs so why make another one only smaller? We already have 3 B-wings so why make another model of a ship nobody cares about?

Lego's choices seem to stem from a mentality of always rehashing the same models every three years or so. Its dissapointing in 2014 to see nothing that is really 'new' and original and unique! What about the silver royal naboo cruiser? What about a model of the droid factory or geonosian arena? What about focusing on designing completely new scenes or planets? Lego is really taking their time to develop the star wars universe and wasting it with models simply to get a cash grab. Its a pity we can't get past using the same models redesigned over and over.

If the 2+ NEW MINIFIGURES statement on preliminary catalogue was referring to the Cantina set, then I believe that Greedo is 1 new figure and the 3 Biths are the other one as they are all the same/identical. In that case the other 4 figures are not new and/or updated. While Luke, Han and the Stormtrooper have fairly recent designs that would work well with this set, It would be neat to see a double sided face or leg printing on the Obi-Wan figure that we last saw in 2011's Millennium Falcon. People can disagree with me on this but I think it is likely that The LEGO Group won't be releasing a Cantina with 8 new and/or redesigned figures. What does everyone else think?

I believe it was stated that Luke and Obi-Wan have new printing. Even in the prelim Luke has additional leg printing depicting his boots. Han is technically new as well since his face is a new print. Granted the same minifigure is used in the microfighter, but this will be the first time it's used in a regular set. If I had to guess I'd say the Stormtrooper is probably the same old one. So nearly everyone should be updated in this set based on all the current information we have.

Typical of lego, re-releasing sets we've seen multiple times before, with smaller model size and probably higher price points!

We already have about 4 snowspeeders! So why make another one? We already have 3 AT-ATs so why make another one only smaller? We already have 3 B-wings so why make another model of a ship nobody cares about?

Presumably because they do their market research and know what's going to sell?

Remember that a whole new bunch of kids have discovered Star Wars and/or Lego since the last ISD or ATAT came out (ok maybe not since the last snowspeeder).

Remember that Lego is a company first and foremost and has to prioritise making a profit that appeals to theri core audience (kids) rather than provide a bunch of obscure characters and sets that only a few AFOLs are holding out for.

Remember that Lego is a company first and foremost and has to prioritise making a profit that appeals to theri core audience (kids) rather than provide a bunch of obscure characters and sets that only a few AFOLs are holding out for.

Yes because children today are very familiar with Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes. Wonder if they were ever on sponge bob?

Yes because children today are very familiar with Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes. Wonder if they were ever on sponge bob?

they may not know them by name, but I figure an average kid who saw ANH at least recognizes the "cantina band" and their goofy music. my little brothers did anyway. Edited by arc