Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I'm going to hedge my bets around £179 for this one... The Tumbler is huge and is £159... Ewok Village is pretty big and contains all those figures for £199.

I'm just glad I was able to pick up the Sandcrawler along with the summer wave early in the UK so things are a little clearer for me on this.

At least they're spacing things out for me this time with this.. then a few winter OT sets... then the SH line.

I'm expecting next summer wave to be horrific again for my wallet!

Thanks Just2good for the pictures! That slave one is just lovely! :wub:

I've always had a weak spot for the slave one, as it's my fav SW ship, and that great box art makes it even better as it gives it the classic OT feel that fits with it. I would have liked the added bonus of another exclusive fig though, but it's fine the way it is.

If I can afford the lose of the money, this will be an instant buy for me at the right price I think. It will then be my first true UCS display set!

I'm thinking it isn't for me, which means nothing because I'll probably want one as soon as I see it in person.

Has anyone with the advent calendar combined the astro droid body with the head from the X-Wing micro fighter? (R2-X2) I'd like to see a picture if anyone has both.

Has anyone with the advent calendar combined the astro droid body with the head from the X-Wing micro fighter? (R2-X2) I'd like to see a picture if anyone has both.

I've been wondering the exact same thing. Have anybody tried this?

Or could somebody with skills in Photoshop make an illustration? :-D

I've been wondering the exact same thing. Have anybody tried this?

Or could somebody with skills in Photoshop make an illustration? :-D

Done very quickly, and quite poorly, but it'd look something like this:

14972245278_9f1b7e7fe0.jpgR-GREEN by Commdr_Neyo ☮, on Flickr

Looks pretty nice, however, i'm interested in the interior. Hope that's good, if not, I wont be getting it...

Speaking of the Advent Calender, is anyone slighty dissapointed in the minifigure range? The three Christmas themed figures a great :thumbup: But I feel that the others weren't exactly the best choices in my opinion. The snowtrooper pilot, Snowtrooper, Tie fighter pilot and Super Battle Droid are all very generic and it would have been great to see some named figures such as Wedge.

General Rieekan is a shame as it no longer makes the 2013 varients rare anymore. Luke has too many lines and wrinkles on his face and to anyone who has already got him, is a slight dissapointment.

I think what made the 2013 Calender so ghost was the fact it gave us Boba Fett. A non-generic figure, one that nobody has and does not take the "rareness" away from another set.

I can't get over the neverending griping and complaining about minifigs...

TLG doesn't give us enough easy ways to get army builders, then not enough rare characters in small sets. I'm beginning to think that the average SW/LEGO fan wouldn't be happy until they release a $3 battlepack with 60,000 figures including every last unnamed extra who got 2 seconds of screen time as well as hundreds of every clone and stormtrooper variant from OT, PT, TCW, TOR, etc.

...and then they'll still complain that the figures don't have the same investment or resale value.

:ugh:

After months and years of begging for a UCS Slave I, now people are saying they won't bother if the interior isn't good enough?

Get over yourselves and MOC your own ships if TLG isn't putting out exactly what you want. I'm generally thrilled for what they do give us.

Edited by rollermonkey

I'm with you rollermonkey, I've waited about 10 years for them to produce an official UCS Slave I and the only thing that will stop me getting one is availability. Even then that's only a delay.

The rareness of Rieekan?! What nonsense is that? So what if the advent calendar makes him less rare? That isn't the point of any of this! I love rare figures for the characters/deco/etc, not because they're something few others have. I see the appeal of having something many others don't, but I tend to reject it. I'd love it if everyone had a Rieekan, or Malgus, or Kid Boba. I didn't get the Battle of Hoth, so I don't have a Rieekan and am glad to have another way of getting him that'll also get me a silly Santa Vader and a body for my R2-X2's head, plus another snowtrooper, TIE pilot, etc.

...and then they'll still complain that the figures don't have the same investment or resale value.

:ugh:

This is the one that bothers me the most. I understand that it's nice to know that your collection is worth something, but just take a moment to think about it: how many of you are seriously going to consider selling your collection, barring some sort of financial crisis? Buying a minifig purely for its investment value is risky considering that you won't get to enjoy it as much and that you have no control over future sets' effects on supply and demand. And complaining that other people can now more easily acquire the minifig which you have no intention of ever selling, that just seems childish to me. Buy a minifig because you like it, not for bragging rights or for future resale.

I see your points. And, looking back at my post I did make unessecary criticisms :blush:

My point about about Rieeken was in somewhat misunderstood. I had no intention of selling him in or any of my minifigures in anyway. It just feels great to have a rare minifigure, that's all.

My point about generic minifigures was also a little unecassary. I suppose it is good to get generic minifgures to add to my collection, whether I have them or not.

Hope that cleared things up :thumbup:

Although it's probably going to be way over priced here in NZ I can't wait to get my hands on the new Slave 1. Lego has done an amazing job with the proportions and shaping, and the minifigure selection doesn't really bother me that much (it would have been nice to get the dark skinned Bespin guard from 6209 but if this is the start of a new run of Bespin sets then he'll likely be showing up sooner rather than later). Zuckuss and 4-LOM were never going to be included because, all arguments around where they showed up aside, both require new mould headpieces that Lego doesn't include in the big exclusive sets (they only got around it with Leia's hair in the Ewok Village because it was released earlier in the CMF line). At the end of the day a UCS like Slave 1 is about the model itself, the minifigures that we do get are a bonus to enjoy along with it-not the reason we buy it in the first place (I mean we already have enough system-scale sets out there like that).

Done very quickly, and quite poorly, but it'd look something like this:

14972245278_9f1b7e7fe0.jpgR-GREEN by Commdr_Neyo ☮, on Flickr

Looks like the two pieces are made for each other! Gray and green details in both pieces. A perfect match.

The advent calendar just got 5 % cooler.... :laugh:

Thank you for the picture!

To be honest, I don't buy all that many Star Wars sets- when I do, it's because I like the builds/parts and subsequently if I can afford it (most of my budget goes on Castle/Lotr/Chima/Ninjago and Bricklink). I tend to MOC, so sets have to have more use to them than just the set. Sets like the Advent Calendar for me are great- I get to join in with the fun of Christmas with Lego, and get some figs I might not normally get- Riekaan and Luke are both figs I don't have, and the astromech body will go great with the top from my x-wing micro fighter. The other OT figs are cool to have- i like having more of them than necessarily needed. Plus there's a bunch of bricks, that whilst not amazing, end up being useful in other ways.

General Rieekan is a shame as it no longer makes the 2013 varients rare anymore. Luke has too many lines and wrinkles on his face and to anyone who has already got him, is a slight dissapointment.

I think if you look closer it is very likely that the advent calendar Rieekan is different from the previous model. Lego tends to change small parts of the design so as to maintain the individuality of each minifigure. So the 2013 variants continue to remain as rare as they were.

I am primarily a minifigure collector and I would much rather have a minifigure which is available to everyone to buy than a super rare minifigure like the 'I love NY' Yoda which costs a fortune to get. The only minifigures that my collection is missing are the Cloud City Boba, Gold C3PO and I <3 NY Yoda and quite frankly I have no intention of buying them either (for the stupid amounts of money that they sell for).

Looks like the two pieces are made for each other! Gray and green details in both pieces. A perfect match.

The advent calendar just got 5 % cooler.... :laugh:

Thank you for the picture!

They pretty much were, if you search for R2-X2 you'll see that it's an exact match!

Well, looks like the UCS Slave 1 will be a January 2015 release, according to cavegod at Brickset.

:cry_sad:

LOL, I must have messed up some stuff at LEGO HQ. :laugh: