Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

The new MTT in my opinion is a joke compared to the old one(7662). Although the old one set the bar incredibly high I thought that in 7 years they would improve it even more.

Massive disappointment from the MTT but still not as bad as those pointlessly redesigned Snowtroopers :sick:.

Massive disappointment from the MTT but still not as bad as those pointlessly redesigned Snowtroopers :sick:.

Yeah, I really saw no problems with the old snow trooper mold, I loved the old molded back pack. Their helmets never really rotate very well in the movie and you never see their faces anyway, so kinda pointless upgrade in my opinion. The biggest problem with the new MTT is the battle droid rack it looks like it only carries 3-4 battle droids. 7662 could carry 16 battle droids :cry_sad: . The main feature of the MTT is the droid rack so why is it so severely downgraded? And the price 99 EUR, really? I would hate to see that in US dollars.

Hi friends i have one important question.I was a collector of LOTRand hobbit ,but now i decided collect a Star wars theme,Starwars is a big universe and i m not such rich for collecting everytime and every side.but i think more people collect a light side,so i want collect dark side, My question is may i going to buy a new star destroyer or older Malevolence, ?Do you consider Malevolnce as good set? or expecting new star destroeyer wil be more quality. thank for answering,sorry for my english

Definitely go with the Star Destroyer. The Malevolence is about as "meh" as a SW set tends to go. Few real figs, too many droids, most of the figs are available in better cheaper sets. Most of the figs are the generally disliked Clone Wars style faces with the overly large colorful eyes and to much in the way of cheek bones. The set itself while not horrid is kind of uninspiring. It did very poorly in sales, it was the item that Lego themselves blew out at 50% discount on May 4th, just to get rid of it.

If you are just starting a SW collection the absolute best "entry" type set, if you have a budget for a larger set, is the 7965 Millenium Falcon. Or if you are more of a PT fan look at the Republic Gunship.

Edited by Faefrost

I have lots of old Snowtroopers. Honestly I don't mind the new ones. They blend pretty well with the old ones.

Is it possible for someone to upload the summer 2014 instructions as a scan for people like me, who don't want to buy the set but want to construct a modded version using the instructions as a guide?

Is this all from the one shot of the box showing a 3/4 view of the MTT?

Surely we'd need to see it from all sides... See it's scale properly... Its functions

A good note to be reminded of, especially as we can't quite see the closed rack door and whether there's any extra interior space. But still the rack is a large concern. And to Chosen One, yes, go for the Star Destroyer if you can - the Malevolence just isn't a particularly interesting set and it's firmly rooted in the Clone Wars. The Star Destroyer in comparison is an iconic ship with very good movie accuracy as well as characters.

Is it possible for someone to upload the summer 2014 instructions as a scan for people like me, who don't want to buy the set but want to construct a modded version using the instructions as a guide?

Wait a few weeks, they'll soon be available on Lego's website, and brickset will provide links to those instructions. :wink:

Edited by Leewan

Can someone tell me how many battle droids are in this new MTT? I'm viewing on my phone so it blurs when I zoom in.

It looks quite decent, but the stap seems to small and it lacks a droideka. It most definitely is a remake of the 2000 one, though

Can someone tell me how many battle droids are in this new MTT? I'm viewing on my phone so it blurs when I zoom in.

about 7 plain ones, and a pilot.

Has any of our Hungarian friends picked the MTT up yet if it's available in the Budapest store?

Hi friends i have one important question.I was a collector of LOTRand hobbit ,but now i decided collect a Star wars theme,Starwars is a big universe and i m not such rich for collecting everytime and every side.but i think more people collect a light side,so i want collect dark side, My question is may i going to buy a new star destroyer or older Malevolence, ?Do you consider Malevolnce as good set? or expecting new star destroeyer wil be more quality. thank for answering,sorry for my english

The Star Destroyer is the better of the 2. The Star Destroyer is of a mush better design, better figures, better structure. I collect everything from Star Wars, except for the bigger frigates, cruisers and star destroy sets, but this year I might be tempted to get the ISD!!. :grin:

about 7 plain ones, and a pilot.

Thanks for replying!

That's not as many as I'd hoped, if I'm honest. Isn't there a commander in the mix? I think I see one on the list at the bottom of the box.

I shall have to see the price before I make a decision to buy or not

Thanks for replying!

That's not as many as I'd hoped, if I'm honest. Isn't there a commander in the mix? I think I see one on the list at the bottom of the box.

I shall have to see the price before I make a decision to buy or not

No, 1 Pilot, 1 Droid without a blaster for the STAP, and 6 regular Droids...

The PAC thing from 2011 carried more droids than the MTT ironically.

What's with the gratuitous use of the red Vader helmet at the end of that first commercial?

Am I right that we don't know much of what is to come next year? MTT maybe next years but we may get a new AAT next year so don't worry!

Am I right that we don't know much of what is to come next year? MTT maybe next years but we may get a new AAT next year so don't worry!

We are getting an MTT this year. A picture of it was leaked a few days ago.

Any news about 75058 in the UK at all?

And when does the summer wave usual surface on S@H?

In Europe, the Summer wave of Star Wars sets is usually available on S@H starting June 1st (although other retailers often have them before that date). The USA (and rest of world?) usually gets the SW sets later (in August). On the other hand, the USA have already got the new Guardians of the Galaxy sets, and they usually get any non-SW movie-tie-in licensed sets earlier (like Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, LotR, Hobbit sets).

In Europe, the Summer wave of Star Wars sets is usually available on S@H starting June 1st (although other retailers often have them before that date). The USA (and rest of world?) usually gets the SW sets later (in August). On the other hand, the USA have already got the new Guardians of the Galaxy sets, and they usually get any non-SW movie-tie-in licensed sets earlier (like Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, LotR, Hobbit sets).

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Not really been an expert of release dates of any of the SW waves as such. Just usually waited until they show up on S@H, but most times too late. Still only two days until they show up.

On the other hand, the USA have already got the new Guardians of the Galaxy sets

I haven't seen these out anywhere.