Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I think it's pretty likely that that is what we'll see; it just makes a lot of sense to me. Lego will want to include minifigures other than Jawas and droids, so I'd say we'll probably get Luke, Owen, and Beru (maybe even a few Tusken Raiders if Lego is feeling extra generous). And for a $300 set, Lego could definitely throw in the iconic domed structure from the homestead with a small interior play area. It's probably our best chance at getting anything from the Lars homestead (as well as the Beru minifig), since it wouldn't be an obvious choice as a standalone set.

I wouldnt get your hopes up too much, I have a ucs Sandcrawler but I'd love more droids and Jawas to fill it with.

Edited by cavegod

I´m actually loving the Mos Eisley Cantine,I have already started to save money.It´s little and cute,with some great details and many fabolous minifigures.

I also love the Snowspeeder,except for the cockpit,they should improved it.

If they just did a standard UCS vehicle everyone would be disappointed since it would get compared to Marshall Banana's, especially since his got a lot of exposure on Cuusoo. His is huge with over 10,000 parts and realistically they could only make an official one about a quarter of the size of that.

I wouldn't say that the minifig-scale UCS Sandcrawler would be completely outside the realm of possibility — that's how 10179 got started, after all, as a side project that TLG liked enough to make into an unprecedentedly large set. That being said, obviously the Sandcrawler isn't as famous as the Falcon and would be roughly twice the size, so it would be a lesser candidate for such treatment.

But I agree with you, it's likely that TLG would take a lot of flak for not passing Marshall Banana's CUUSOO proposal if they did do a UCS Sandcrawler. (Keeping in consideration that there have been fairly significant instances of uproar on EB before, when it was perceived that they copied the UCS Lambda and UCS Delta-7 from AFOL models — cavegod, if I remember correctly*, and that without the influence of a reviewed CUUSOO project.)

*Of course, let's not discuss that here. I'm just using it as an example.

UCS Lambada is actually dmac's project and the set was made thanks to the cooperation - dmac's and TLG.

Here you can see an Ezra's strange lighsaber (or some blaster stuff attached to a regular lightsaber), but there is no lighsabers in the 75048 Phantom set. What do you think, will there be a new lightsaber hilt or not?

Wow, both the Inquisitor's and Ezra's lightsabres look crap, how are they supposed to spin those things around?

I wouldn't say that the minifig-scale UCS Sandcrawler would be completely outside the realm of possibility

I wasn't really thinking about the backlash, more that they couldn't make a 10,000+ part set for $300 when the UCS Millennium Falcon was a 5200 part set that cost $500 in 2007.

I wasn't really thinking about the backlash, more that they couldn't make a 10,000+ part set for $300 when the UCS Millennium Falcon was a 5200 part set that cost $500 in 2007.

Oh, of course; I'm not suggesting that we're getting a 10,000 part set in the $300 range.

Hi

for anyone who wished to get Lars homestead with the sandcrawler: These buildings would be at least as big as the cantine, exterior and interior. But this set is worth 70$€£ alone, left "just" 180-230 republican credits for the crawler.

Regarding the other large playsets, DS and Ewok Village, that too less left.

So i guess the crawler, 4 Jawas, Luke, Owen, Obi-Wan, C3PO, R2 and 3 other droids. Thats 12 figs at all.

Dino

To recreate the exterior of the homestead when they are buying the droids you just need a little domed building and a couple of vaporators, it wouldn't need much at all.

Wow, both the Inquisitor's and Ezra's lightsabres look crap, how are they supposed to spin those things around?

I think they've made the wise decision to make the Jedi and Sith less ninja-esque and more knight-like as they were in the OT by bulking up their weapons.

I hope the Sandcrawler is packed with an interior. That's the one thing 10144 was lacking, and having already owned the original, I expect some massive upgrades to match the massive pricetag.

What brings the Sandcrawler discussion back to the surface anyway, have we gotten any news?

They do look odd......I guess that is what you get when Disney takes over now eh ? :tongue:

Could be worse.....the lightsabers could have Mickey Mouse ears on them ? :laugh:

First why do people think tuskens even banthas would be included with the sandcrawler, they bear little to no relevance to each other, just a reminder sandcrawler was destroyed by Imperial troops not sand people

Second if TLG really released Tuskens would you really want them in a $300+ set or rather a smaller set so you have a better financial chance of collecting more for building an army?

About the Sandcrawler, I agree with everyone that's said the Lars homestead will probably be included. It won't be large or anything I bet, probably just a small representation of it. And I really think it's going to be there if this thing is going to be $300. Then it could come with Owen, Beru, Luke, 3PO, R2, several jaws, and lots of droids. And that would get the job done pretty well.

What brings the Sandcrawler discussion back to the surface anyway, have we gotten any news?

I'm guessing the Sandcrawler will be the D2C set that is revealed at Bricks Cascade on March 8-9, and for sale on May 4th. ;-)

If its a large scale system set (like the Ewok Village) then there is no reason why Lego won't put more minifigs in it, there were after all 16 included, its not outside the realms of probability that we may get more than 10 or so with a Sandcrawler.

It would be nice to see the Lars homestead, they could just use the dome from the Cantina and build a little section in there...

Sorry I offend some folks with this statement but I do not like the look of the phantom. It's way to small and dinky.

Unfortunately the figs are nice and its cheap so I'll probably get it anyway.

I hope my opinion changes though

First why do people think tuskens even banthas would be included with the sandcrawler, they bear little to no relevance to each other, just a reminder sandcrawler was destroyed by Imperial troops not sand people

Second if TLG really released Tuskens would you really want them in a $300+ set or rather a smaller set so you have a better financial chance of collecting more for building an army?

We think it because it makes sense. Though if you consider imperials to be the Jawas primary antagonists, then I guess it could be up for debate. Though most sensible people would vote the Sand People as the primary antagonists to the Jawas as their paths have overlapped for far longer stretches of time. Now if you don't feel that a potential 300 dollar set needs bad guys to go with the good guys, then that's another story. Generally, toys targeted at young males are marketed with a slant towards conflict, and Tuskens would provide that conflict.

Hope this helps!

By the way, Jabba's Palace is retiring. Many Lego Stores have pushed the sets out and there could be a chance that the set goes out of stock at the lego online shop before it gets tagged with a "retiring soon" label. That is what happened with Droid Escape and Battle of Hoth (75014). I think the Palace, paired with Cantina and Sandcrawler, would make for a great Tatooine display. This would especially be the case if you were working on other custom display pieces to complete. I just ordered the Palace and could not be happier as I have been working on a MOC for the desert planet.

We think it because it makes sense. Though if you consider imperials to be the Jawas primary antagonists, then I guess it could be up for debate. Though most sensible people would vote the Sand People as the primary antagonists to the Jawas as their paths have overlapped for far longer stretches of time. Now if you don't feel that a potential 300 dollar set needs bad guys to go with the good guys, then that's another story. Generally, toys targeted at young males are marketed with a slant towards conflict, and Tuskens would provide that conflict.

Hope this helps!

Ye OK lets not get carried away and delve deep into wookieepedia SW lore just to prove some point. Obviously you will get Jawas and droids, next Lars, Luke, Obi, Aunt and what some have already suggested depending on the size of the set maybe the homestead (and if your really lucky sandtroopers for good measures). What you won't see is sand people and banthas in this set, they do not appear within 10 miles of that scene, so you can keep hypothesizing but its not going to happen, hope that helps

Edited by Brickmamba

....they do not appear within 10 miles of that scene, so you can keep hypothesizing but its not going to happen, hope that helps

Hi i totally agree with you but distance is NO Lego value to have characters in or not.

Best example: The queen and the gungan sub :)

Dino

Just saw this on BL forums,

'So, this is just a rumor at this point, I have no way of verifying it, however someone very reliable from Denmark emailed me that there is going to be a re-release of the UCS Millennium Falcon either at the end of 2014 or early 2015'

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=796026

Wish it was true, but a rumour is just that until proven otherwise. My only glimmer of real hope is that this was posted by a BL'er with over 750 feedback, not some random troll. fingers crossed aye:)

I think they've made the wise decision to make the Jedi and Sith less ninja-esque and more knight-like as they were in the OT by bulking up their weapons.

I don't think so. We saw 3 Jedi in the OT, Vader (who's a mechanical cripple with no fluidity), Luke (Who has no training on using a lightsabre at all), and Ben (who has seemingly aged twice as fast as normal on Tatooine).