Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

I know we're just barely getting details regarding the summer sets but can someone share the typical timing for fall/winter sets?

Personally, aside from the Cantina, it's hard fo rme to get too excited about a variety of sets redone from just a few years ago. But that's just me.

I know we're just barely getting details regarding the summer sets but can someone share the typical timing for fall/winter sets?

they usually come around late January, but lego wants to keep all focus on the movie this year, so they are coming in march if I recall correctly.

they usually come around late January, but lego wants to keep all focus on the movie this year, so they are coming in march if I recall correctly.

Thanks for the response. I realize my post was terribly unclear. I was wondering when rumors/reports start coming for what sets will be released in winter 2014. So after this summer wave.

I just feel like all the licensees like Hasbro and Lego were in a holding pattern while Disney figured out what they were doing with Star Wars and that's why a majority of the summer sets are redos. I'm hopeful that the winter 2014 sets will be more fresh and new.

Yes, I do not understand why the pictures are that relevant, they're old Arealight custom pieces.

Just highlighting what the Ithorian Jedi may look like :classic:

It's a shame Arealight did not continue producing these. I was lucky to pick up a few years ago before he stopped making them. Can't wait to see TLC's version :sweet:

While much of this Topic is focused now on the new sets that have been revealed at Toy Fair, I do have some news regarding the Summer Wave (Southern Hemisphere) of LEGO Star Wars sets. For those of you who follow this Topic and are from New Zealand you can find all of the new Star Wars sets (except for the Droid Tri-fighter and the Coruscant Police Gunship) at Toyco. All of the sets are available as pre-orders and are expected to be delivered/arrive on the 24th of February. All new sets available for pre-order are 20% off. I think the absence of the Tri-fighter and the Gunship tells us that they are most definitely store exclusives. Hope this helps some of you and here is the link to Toyco http://www.toyco.co.nz/product/LEGO-Star-Wars-75040-General-Grievous-Wheel-Bike?i=5702015121187

While much of this Topic is focused now on the new sets that have been revealed at Toy Fair, I do have some news regarding the Summer Wave (Southern Hemisphere) of LEGO Star Wars sets. For those of you who follow this Topic and are from New Zealand you can find all of the new Star Wars sets (except for the Droid Tri-fighter and the Coruscant Police Gunship) at Toyco. All of the sets are available as pre-orders and are expected to be delivered/arrive on the 24th of February. All new sets available for pre-order are 20% off. I think the absence of the Tri-fighter and the Gunship tells us that they are most definitely store exclusives. Hope this helps some of you and here is the link to Toyco http://www.toyco.co.nz/product/LEGO-Star-Wars-75040-General-Grievous-Wheel-Bike?i=5702015121187

Anything about the USA?

Thanks for the response. I realize my post was terribly unclear. I was wondering when rumors/reports start coming for what sets will be released in winter 2014. So after this summer wave.

I just feel like all the licensees like Hasbro and Lego were in a holding pattern while Disney figured out what they were doing with Star Wars and that's why a majority of the summer sets are redos. I'm hopeful that the winter 2014 sets will be more fresh and new.

These last 2 Ep 2 and Ep 3 waves are really the holding pattern. They were supposed to correspond to the 3d theatrical re release of the movies. But Disney cancelled those. The upcoming summer wave is the beginning of the Disney plan or "where we go from here". It's a mix of classic OT stuff as the starting point for the new movies plus about a third focused on the new Rebels TV show. Figure the next wave will be heavier Rebels and the the one after that will dive head first into Ep VII.

These last 2 Ep 2 and Ep 3 waves are really the holding pattern. They were supposed to correspond to the 3d theatrical re release of the movies. But Disney cancelled those. The upcoming summer wave is the beginning of the Disney plan or "where we go from here". It's a mix of classic OT stuff as the starting point for the new movies plus about a third focused on the new Rebels TV show. Figure the next wave will be heavier Rebels and the the one after that will dive head first into Ep VII.

Well by holding pattern I mean that the licensees didn't know what to do. The Ep II & III sets were already pre-planned and pushed out despite the movies being canceled. That was the old plan. This period marks the time when nobody knew what was next besides Ep. VII in 2015. As you mentioned, now it's Rebels, which is part of the new plan, but the OT sets were clearly a "what do we do now?" response. Otherwise we wouldn't be getting EP. V sets. Ep. IV is their focus both for Rebels and the general tone right now. It's similar to Hasbro's Black Series which is basically a stop gap focusing on OT to please fans while they waited for more direction. I'm guessing that in remaking Ep. V sets they saw a low cost way to put out "new" product that was popular.

Anyway, to get back on track, when might we hear reports about Winter 2014? I'm sure we'll get plenty of Rebels sets but I'm curious what direciton they'll go beyond that.

wyrm12, I'm not sure what you mean about the Winter 2014 wave, as they are all available now, unless you live in the U.S. A few members have already reviewed some of them. There are no Rebels sets out until Summer, closer to when the show starts. If you are speaking of next Winter's wave, you'll need to wait quite a bit- generally rumors start late summer around SDCC.

wyrm12, I'm not sure what you mean about the Winter 2014 wave, as they are all available now, unless you live in the U.S. A few members have already reviewed some of them. There are no Rebels sets out until Summer, closer to when the show starts. If you are speaking of next Winter's wave, you'll need to wait quite a bit- generally rumors start late summer around SDCC.

I think he's referring to the COMING winter sets... i.e. 2014/15... after this summer wave is released. At least I think that's what he means.

wyrm12, if you are indeed referring to next year's winter sets, it is faaaaaar to early for that news We haven't even seen clear no prelim pics of the summer sets. 2015 leaks won't be showing up until September/ Oct at the earliest, and as many have said, since there's a good chance these sets will be Rebels heavy, we may have to wait even longer on the details. Sit back and enjoy this year, there are sets we haven't even seen/ heard of yet, (ie. this years UCS set is still possibly unknown if it isn't the sandcrawler or a Slave 1)

Anything about the USA?

Sorry I couldn't reply to you earlier than this. As I live in New Zealand I only look at online stores that sell LEGO that are based in New Zealand. Also the LEGO sets sold in New Zealand are the "European" boxes that don't have the piece count and warnings on the front of the box. The sets are ready for preorder but won't be coming until the 24th of February, just after the second Toy Fair. Whether or not the US will get the sets earlier than this or not I do not know. I can't say New Zealand is focusing too much on the LEGO Movie a I haven't seen any LEGO Movie sets available in New Zealand in stores or online. Usually New Zealand gets the sets in February but most of the time the US has already got them by now.

Anything about the USA?

Sorry I couldn't reply to you earlier than this. As I live in New Zealand I only look at online stores that sell LEGO that are based in New Zealand. Also the LEGO sets sold in New Zealand are the "European" boxes that don't have the piece count and warnings on the front of the box. The sets are ready for preorder but won't be coming until the 24th of February, just after the second Toy Fair. Whether or not the US will get the sets earlier than this or not I do not know. I can't say New Zealand is focusing too much on the LEGO Movie a I haven't seen any LEGO Movie sets available in New Zealand in stores or online. Usually New Zealand gets the sets in February but most of the time the US has already got them by now.

How soon can we expect to see the star destroyer in Australian stores? I am aware its not part of the 1st wave (episode III) but I really don't have any sets in the 1st wave on my wishlist. So I'm holding out till later this year but how late? The cantina also looks really nice but it will likely have some extortionate price up around $70-$110 AU. Its more an issue with the fact that we get completely ripped off for lego in Australia. Compared to the US Aussie lego prices are probably 15-20% more even allowing for Currency conversion.

How soon can we expect to see the star destroyer in Australian stores? I am aware its not part of the 1st wave (episode III) but I really don't have any sets in the 1st wave on my wishlist. So I'm holding out till later this year but how late? The cantina also looks really nice but it will likely have some extortionate price up around $70-$110 AU. Its more an issue with the fact that we get completely ripped off for lego in Australia. Compared to the US Aussie lego prices are probably 15-20% more even allowing for Currency conversion.

To work out the prices of LEGO sets in New Zealand I just double to US price. Although the New Zealand dollar isn't exactly double the US dollar that's how it works. LEGO sets in Australia are then about 5-10 dollars less after that. Hope this helps. Also look at brickpedia at sets and see the US price and Australian price. From there you can determine what the price while be by comparing the two sets.

Toys R Us has recently added 75043 AT-AP on their website with a price tag of $59.99. I think this is a great price. This is not available for sale online like the other sets. Chances are if you find this in Toys R Us stores you would have to pay at least $64.99. Anyways I was shocked to see this price tag as it would most likely be the official Lego Store and Lego Shop at Home price. They only set we still don't have a price for yet is the Tri-Fighter because we can't assume the price based off a similar set(s) and it is not available at Toys R Us because it is an exclusive.

http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

Edited by LegoBari31

Toys R Us has recently added 75043 AT-AP on their website with a price tag of $59.99. I think this is a great price. This is not available for sale online like the other sets. Chances are if you find this in Toys R Us stores you would have to pay at least $64.99. Anyways I was shocked to see this price tag as it would most likely be the official Lego Store and Lego Shop at Home price. They only set we still don't have a price for yet is the Tri-Fighter because we can't assume the price based off a similar set(s) and it is not available at Toys R Us because it is an exclusive.

http://www.toysrus.c...rentPage=search

I went into Toys R US and they're not selling the new sets...

Does anyone know if the officer in the new ISD will have the same torso as Admiral Piett from the Super Star destroyer? I can´t make out from the blurry Pictures if that´s the case or not.

Does anyone know if the officer in the new ISD will have the same torso as Admiral Piett from the Super Star destroyer? I can´t make out from the blurry Pictures if that´s the case or not.

Can't tell for sure, but my guess would be yes. Lego does like to update minifigures often. Plus these are still early photographs, it could change.

I went into Toys R US and they're not selling the new sets...

They probably put the sets on the website so they could promote the new sets to try and drew people into their store when they are released over other retailers.

Hmmm... The Phantom doesn't look to good; it appears as some sort of cross between a Y-wing and a Lambda-class shuttle. I'll have to reserve judgment on it until I see how it fits in with the Ghost.

You probably connect it upside down to the bottom of the ghost creating that "top gun and bottom gun millenium falcon" effect