Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Pictures and Rumors

Picked up 2 Death Star Battlepacks today, very cool battle pack.

The new blasters are weird. I like them, but it's strange that my troopers make sound when I handle them.

What? Do you mean they sound "hollow"? :wacko:

What do you mean by make sound???

They probalbly say something like "in the name of the Empire, you are under arrest!" :grin:

:laugh: I have a feeling something got lost in translation. Or do we have tickle-me-minifigs?

I'm guessing the firing mechanism rattles?

Maybe that's it.

Generally this wave looks to be a huge step down from the excellent Episode II sets that were offered this summer, though in terms of play features LEGO really have improved. The spring-shooter looks compact and effective, and I look forward to trying it out in person.

Am I the only one who likes the blasters? They're so cool!

-Sci

No you aren't, I absolutely love the entire concept of blasters held by minifigures that can shoot studs, so cool! those are going to be absolutely fun to play around with. :wink:

I still feel like TLG is moving away from guns that look like guns. Remember that this is a kids product, and guns are being talked about a lot these days. Don't be surprised if/when guns are completely phased out of all lines for futuristic-looking flick fire that look nothing like guns in the real world.

I'd have loved the new guns when I was a kid. Less so now, but I'm an adult. With all the negativity, and assertions that TLG is shafting us AFOLs, I think we're forgetting that we make up a small percentage of Legos audience. The internet is a skewed place- Eurobricks is an adult forum, so we don't see small kids around, who'd clog up this thread with things like "OMG teh nu blasterz is amazballs."

But these blasters are a great thing- Lego should be for the kids- it's something that drags them away from the incessant COD marathons.

Just my two pence.

More on topic, I like the fact that the Royal Guards have double-sided capes- makes them more desirable to me. I wanted them anyway, as I don't own any.

Well, here the rest of the purchases.... sadly I missed 1 for a complete overview.

Again , thanks to Junkstylegio for taking all the effort !! You're great !!

yes the new blasters can rattle a little when you move them around...

i only there was a sign of an attempt to make them loke like something i would be totally ok with these guys. but nothing

I still feel like TLG is moving away from guns that look like guns. Remember that this is a kids product, and guns are being talked about a lot these days. Don't be surprised if/when guns are completely phased out of all lines for futuristic-looking flick fire that look nothing like guns in the real world.

You made a good point, though I hope it doesn't turn into a reality.. :look:

Well, here the rest of the purchases.... sadly I missed 1 for a complete overview.

Do you know how well General Grievous's Wheel Bike moves?

Do you know how well General Grievous's Wheel Bike moves?

Not very well, you have to lift the back sort of like a wheelbarrow. The legs are also pretty low to the ground in wheel mode.. It's a pretty bumpy ride really, grievous will surely develop health problems if he still had a meatbag neck =P.

Edited by khatmorg

Not very well, you have to lift the back sort of like a wheelbarrow. The legs are also pretty low to the ground in wheel mode.. It's a pretty bumpy ride really, grievous will surely develop health problems if he still had a meatbag neck =P.

Meh, that's unfortunate. :sceptic:

I have been to the Lego-store today and saw the whole new 2014-line up. Having bought a few sets, I can agree that the new blasters are not exactly what one may wish for. However they sport a distinctly unmilitary look which is important as Lego is critizied for being too militaristic these days...

Overall I like most builds but the minifig selection could have been better. Why does the police gunship e.g. come without, well, police men? The Underworld Police shown in the same episode like the police gunship would have been so much better. The Shock Troopers probably sell better.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coruscant_Underworld_Police

The DSG are cleary the high light in terms of minifigs.

Hi Flieger is that Lego store in the U.S. by any chance? I know they aren't officially supposed to be released until January but you never know.

Does anyone know when the 2014 line up will appear in stores in the US?

Late December or really early January. :wink:

Does anyone know when the 2014 line up will appear in stores in the US?

And to answer your question, Republican, officially the release date is January 1st, 2014, but sometimes they pop up earlier in stores like Toysrus

And to answer your question, Republican, officially the release date is January 1st, 2014, but sometimes they pop up earlier in stores like Toysrus

Thanks Tyfett. That was the official answer I was looking for.

Hi Flieger is that Lego store in the U.S. by any chance? I know they aren't officially supposed to be released until January but you never know.

No, it is Berlin, Germany. Close to Lego's home :laugh:

And even here they did stress a lot that it is a Lego Store exclusive offer.