Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

As of 6/4, Benny's SSS is out of stock on the US site with an expected date of 30 days to ship. Looks like it is going to be very popular this year.

Good thing mine came today!

This thing is BEAST. Huge awesome model. I really like the wing feature.

So apparently GameStop is doing "Lego Day" on Saturday (at least in the U.S.), and if you buy a Lego game you can get a free Western Emmett or Good Morning Bilbo. I'm guessing they have a lot of leftover stock from both of the earlier promos. Anyway, I may just have to go buy a game so I can get the Emmet I missed out on the first time.

So apparently GameStop is doing "Lego Day" on Saturday (at least in the U.S.), and if you buy a Lego game you can get a free Western Emmett or Good Morning Bilbo. I'm guessing they have a lot of leftover stock from both of the earlier promos. Anyway, I may just have to go buy a game so I can get the Emmet I missed out on the first time.

Aw man, I already have both. Couldn't it have been the DJ? Or Pajama Emmet? :grin:

Aw man, I already have both. Couldn't it have been the DJ? Or Pajama Emmet? :grin:

Probably not. I imagine a goal of this promotion is to clear out overstock preorder figs. GameStop has no reason to have overstock DJ Robots or Pajama Emmets because they were not giving those figs away with preorders in the first place.

I already have the TLM game, but I planned to go to GameStop tomorrow anyway, so it looks like I'll get GM Bilbo with my planned LEGO The Hobbit purchase!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Is there a way to build the flying cycle from the movie out of pieces from Wyldstyle's cycle or is it just fabricated?

The lower part of the back uses street signs, so I'm pretty sure it's fabricated.

-Sci

TRU (US, anyway) is doing another build on Saturday the 14th. I'm unclear on what it is--the ad describes it as "build a mini-Master Builder inspired by Metalbeard." I wonder what this is? At first I thought it could be the Mini-Beard from the Sea Cow, but that's probably too many pieces for a TRU build (which tends to be around 50 pieces or fewer). Or it could be pre-mutilation Metalbeard, but that would only be 10 pieces or fewer. (He's basically the Series 8 pirate Minifigure with Metalbeard's head and beard.) Or maybe it's some kind of brick-built figure.

I would almost venture to say the Spaceship might be the best selling set of the year, similar to how they rated Olivia's House and Unexpected Gathering when they came out.

I may get it for Christmas. It does look neat, but there are too many other big sets I have been wanting for longer..

The SPACESHIP!!! is the best set of the year. Hands down.

Also, what color crystal and pieces are used to make Prologue Vitruvius' staff? I know there's a brown staff piece and a white stud with a hole in it but I can't place the crystal's color (it changes during the prologue)... Any assistance? Thanks!

The SPACESHIP!!! is the best set of the year. Hands down.

Also, what color crystal and pieces are used to make Prologue Vitruvius' staff? I know there's a brown staff piece and a white stud with a hole in it but I can't place the crystal's color (it changes during the prologue)... Any assistance? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is the one found in the Mixels Slumbo (trans light blue).

All the pictures I've seen show it being Slumbo's crystal color. But we don't have the open-stud in brown for complete accuracy.

Got Lord Business' Lair today! Awesome set, and I look forward to purchasing the SSS! soon!

-Sci

SPACESHIP!!!

I was absolutely stunned by the size of this set! The little details, and the room it has for more, and more characters make it absolutely fantastic!! The minifigures are also amazing (we need a freak-out face for Benny though), and the Astro Kitty is as adorable as ever.

Yes, this may just be the set of the year... no contest.

Is there anyone who has both the Sea Cow and the Black Seas Barracuda who can do a size comparison photo?

Is there anyone who has both the Sea Cow and the Black Seas Barracuda who can do a size comparison photo?

You may get a better response in the Pirates themed board, they reviewed the Sea Cow there, and are more likely to also have the BSB.

Kind of what I was expecting...

I believe that's Padme's hair from the recent Republic Gunship.

Thanks, J2G!

-Sci

Weird, but cool. Ball joints, mini joints, the hair, and metallic silver parts. and that gear are all good pieces.

In the promo videos for the three Summer wave TLM sets, they end with a quick demonstration of all the play functions for each set, right?

I think there's a disconnect about Emmett's mech. In the video, they show the legs as bending forwards, but I thought they only go backwards in the actual set?

I'd laugh if the instructions have us building that connection backwards. :laugh: