just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Love the Cap VS Hydra set!

here is my review;

Red Skull's head strikes me as being a pretty good sub for a minifig sized Red Hulk, so I'll be doing that soon. Need more Hydra goons too!

That's a good idea for Red Skull's head, especially if you have a minifig sized green hulk to go with him. I actually liked this set a lot more than I expected to, the build look pretty bleh from the previews but it was reasonably fun, some kinda neat techniques in the suspension that we don't see much on these sorts of sets, plus cap looks great in standard blue. Still not crazy about the newer motorcycle molds (too big, compared to the classic ones) but it's hard to complain about Red Skull and Cap. Hydra goon is great too, of course, but it's always such a bummer to get a henchman in a set and only get one. Especially if they aren't in other sets.

So, I've been waiting to buy the new Marvel sets to get the MM polybag in March, but notice the LEGO site says 'sold out'. I've never seen the new stuff sold out so fast and was wondering what it means? Do you guys think these sets will these sets be available in March?

So, I've been waiting to buy the new Marvel sets to get the MM polybag in March, but notice the LEGO site says 'sold out'. I've never seen the new stuff sold out so fast and was wondering what it means? Do you guys think these sets will these sets be available in March?

Yeah, most likely they felt it was too early to release it, but I'm sure it will be up by March 1st. :classic:

So that's two GoTG with spacecraft in them, a higher res of that catalogue would of meant then 'spoiler alert' eh ? :laugh:

I'm sold on the three sets for sure now, though I can't help get the feeling the they are Chima or Ninjago inspired flying machines ? :wink:

Is the MM promo only $50 in the UK?

Ye it £50 in the UK which is basically the steamroller and a small item.

I wish captain america vs hydra set had a CA that looked more like he did in the first movie.

But Red Skull looks close enough

Really? I love the new figure, I think it looks a million times better than the one you get in the Avengers movie sets. To each their own I guess... :laugh:

All of the new spring sets that went to Sold Out have in the first line of their description "Will be available March 1st!". (I also rarely read descriptions hehe) So they'll be around in time for the MM promo :)

Just found this NYTF-related catalogue that also includes a picture of the remaining GOTG set (page 57):

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/new-york-toy-fair-2014/PR_Catalog_2014_FullBook_LoRes.pdf :thumbup:

Nice find! Thanks for sharing!

Really? I love the new figure, I think it looks a million times better than the one you get in the Avengers movie sets. To each their own I guess... :laugh:

I only collect the ones that look like they are from the movies or make them look like that. I never really was into those comics or cartoons.

Edited by OneStudShort

Little disappointed that we won't be getting any unique figs in that, unless the Nova Corps guy is only in that set.

He is

I wish captain america vs hydra set had a CA that looked more like he did in the first movie.

I hope we do eventually get a classic Cap suit like that. That was one of my favorite of the Phase 1 films, even though most people thought it was just so-so. I've never really read any of Marvel's stuff, and I haven't seen many of the cartoons, but I am very fond of accuracy to the source material. The X-Men movies always bugged me because not only did they not use anything even similar to the classic suits, they also openly mocked them. I hate the Dark Knight Rises, mostly because of how horrifically inaccurate Bane was (I swear Nolan just thought, "Guy in a mask, breaks Batguy's back, blablabla, this stuff's for kids, BAM! NOW HE'S A TERRORIST!") and the Dark Knight's Joker bothered for me for a similar reason. It just seems that while these properties are growing more and more popular, the comics are gaining less and less respect.

I zoomed in on the Knowhere set image, and to me it looks like Rocket Raccoon has scrawny arms (like Gollum) and brown shoulder pads(?). But with a normal torso. Anyone else see this?

I can't find a clear enough picture to tell.

Pretty sure that set is comic based.

I hope we do eventually get a classic Cap suit like that... The X-Men movies always bugged me because not only did they not use anything even similar to the classic suits, they also openly mocked them. I hate the Dark Knight Rises, mostly because of how horrifically inaccurate Bane was (I swear Nolan just thought, "Guy in a mask, breaks Batguy's back, blablabla, this stuff's for kids, BAM! NOW HE'S A TERRORIST!") and the Dark Knight's Joker bothered for me for a similar reason. It just seems that while these properties are growing more and more popular, the comics are gaining less and less respect.

I agree. I wish the X-Men movie would have done suits more in line with the comics instead of the matching pleather unitard/jacket combo. Even in The Avengers movie, Cap was the only one wearing more of a costume, explained away by Coulson as something "old-fashioned".

Unfortunately, comics are pricing themselves right out of existence. What kid has $4 for a comic nowadays. Why, back in my day, I would hump 5 miles up a snow covered hill to school and back every day; and comics cost a quarter!