just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Except for the fact that they aren't. Lego doesen't realse prelim pictures to the press, and nothing about this picture says its prelim.

I don't see this as a BTB wave either, but in the same as that the nolan movies got random batman sets, this is like that (imo)

So the Riddler is supposed to have a banana? :laugh: Hahahahaha, well that does make me think that perhaps Gorilla Grodd would have been a better villan choice here; a new awesome Riddler is nice, but I think we should only be getting new characters since there's so many not currently in plastic.

And you are right about the "borrowing of designs", which I accept, but I don't see this singular set as a beginning of a wave of BtB sets in the fashion of Marvel's Ultimate Spiderman sets.

I don't think it's the beginning of a BTB theme either. Personally I think the designs in the show look terrible and I really don't need a line based around it. I would assume, like the previous Batman sets, it'll just borrow design elements from whatever is popular or notable currently, sort of like the more Arkham city inspired stuff we got this year.

I really hope it improves a lot by January. It's rather "ehh". Just another useless Batman set, but without the character that the aquaman set did.

So the Riddler is supposed to have a banana? :laugh: Hahahahaha, well that does make me think that perhaps Gorilla Grodd would have been a better villan choice here; a new awesome Riddler is nice, but I think we should only be getting new characters since there's so many not currently in plastic.

I don't mind another riddler as he was only in an exclusive set before.

I'm glad they started to use a new bat symbol, while its yellow on the car it must be black on the torso. I hate the classic yellow ellipse with the bat in the middle. I also prefer batman to have a grey and black suit, so this set is perfect for me. I've always been a fan of that bat symbol, so happy it's made it's way back to LEGO.

I haven't liked the other two variations we've had of him, so for me I can live with this. Personally I'm thrilled they gave him a green hat and suit this time. Now all I need is a redesigned Poison Ivy (The lime color bothers me).

Edited by strangely

So the Riddler is supposed to have a banana?

Yes, he's about to throw it out so batman will skid/slide on it.

edit: I guess it would be for the Flash to slide on.

Edited by deskp

edit: I guess it would be for the Flash to slide on.

I think this is it. Just a little LEGO humor finding it's way into the set.

Also, people are acting like this will be the only Beware the Batman set next wave. Personally, I think we'll get at least four, and maybe two other sets on some other DC property. Heck, if they treat this like the TMNT cartoon, we might just get six! :wink:

I'm sure we'll see one with the main villain. :classic:

Also, people are acting like this will be the only Beware the Batman set next wave. Personally, I think we'll get at least four, and maybe two other sets on some other DC property. Heck, if they treat this like the TMNT cartoon, we might just get six! :wink:

I'm sure we'll see one with the main villain. :classic:

The one set we've seen isnt from the cartoon really though. wich mean its another wave of random mash of batman/dc/tv sets.

In my opinion, the set looks awful. Riddler's dragster is okay, but it hardly makes up for the Batmobile. :sceptic:

I'm a little annoyed that Riddler is being reused too, but at least it's a new design. I can't make out much, but it is shaping up to be good.

And Flash. :wub: I really didn't like how he looked in the video game and I would have preferred a printed head, but this is just fine. I like how they did the mask.

The mask for Flash gives me hope that TLG is willing to make more unique molds in order to increase their figures accuracy. Here's to hoping Cap can get a helmet in any Winter Soldier sets!

The one set we've seen isnt from the cartoon really though. wich mean its another wave of random mash of batman/dc/tv sets.

If you're talking about this set, TLG is definitely aiming to market this as a set to coincide with the cartoon. You'll probably see the Beware The Batman logo in the corner of the box. :wink:

How come all that stuff in the back and only two, tiny little flick fires? The designs of the vehicles overall aren't that great, but I'm excited for Flash and a new Riddler, seeing as I lost my old one. :shrug_confused:

Also, should we call the thread Super Heroes and not Superheroes?

Wait, are we not having a second wave for winer 2013? Why is this for 2014 and not later this year?

The mask for Flash gives me hope that TLG is willing to make more unique molds in order to increase their figures accuracy. Here's to hoping Cap can get a helmet in any Winter Soldier sets!

I'm hoping the exact same thing. Cap was really disappointing to me.

I'm really liking this set. I'll definitely get this set for Flash alone. I'm still debating getting the Joker's Funhouse set for the Riddler but now that I know he'll be released next year I might just pass.

FBTB has a better image from somewhere:

6-bfa84fe09e.jpg

Riddler has a purple question mark on his hat and appears to be wearing some sort of racing jacket. :-/

Not sure if anyone remembers this or have seen it. But on LEGO.com there was a old poster board with different lego superheroes bios and Flash was one of them! Among the line up was green lantern! So maybe im just woring here but it's not to late to assume that green lantern is among the 2014 line-up. Just thinkin outloud it happened with flash maybe it will happen with GL

How come all that stuff in the back and only two, tiny little flick fires? The designs of the vehicles overall aren't that great, but I'm excited for Flash and a new Riddler, seeing as I lost my old one. :shrug_confused:

Also, should we call the thread Super Heroes and not Superheroes?

Im not so sure in the back of pic of the batmobile it looks like there is a red tab. Like in battle over gotham the jokers helicopter has a red tab in the back that when pushed a big missile pops out so there may be a surprise waiting here....... :smug: (hopefully :hmpf_bad: )

Edited by sever

Honestly, I don't really like that set at all. :sceptic:

Another Batmobile with a mediocre design, a pretty much useless dragster for Riddler and a missed chance to receive an entirely new Batman villain. Sure it is nice to get Flash, but he really does need leg printing for his boots, TLG can print on the side of legs, not sure if that is only at their China factory though.

In a word, glorious.

For the Flash, that is. Not overly impressed with the rest of the set; I would've loved a new villain. Ten years from now, every time TLG gives us a weak set with a must-have minifig we'll all knowingly refer to it as "the Riddler Chase Effect."