just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Some potential bad news for Fantastic Four fans. I know we have been hoping that Marvel would do a set, especially now with that perfect flaming head piece from Ultra Agents... But rumor has it that Marvel is so pissed at Fox right now that they are essentially burying the property until well after Fox's FF movie. No comics, no merchandising, nothing that will help the public remember the FF as anything other than the 2 awful Fox FF movies. Currently the FF is not slated to be part of marvel's 75th anniversary. So those horrid bootlegs may be all we ever see.

Why are Marvel mad at them? And didn't Fox make the X-men movies too? Yet we're still seeing X-men comics... :shrug_confused:

Why are Marvel mad at them? And didn't Fox make the X-men movies too? Yet we're still seeing X-men comics... :shrug_confused:

Ye but X-men sell, where as all interest in FF has all but gone since Fox got the licence. Marvel are right to think that this next FF film could be the final nail in the coffin.

There is also talk about minimizing the X-Men's role in the 616. Unlike the Fantastic Four, the titles would still continue but they will not be cross promoted in other titles.

Ah okay thanks for explaining :) I didn't think the Fantastic 4 movies were that bad TBH, and would've loved to see some sets based on them, which is a shame... :sceptic:

This kinda surprises me. The 2003 Hulk movie was hated too, but he's come back for two, soon to be three movies.

My thoughts exactly.

Dammn...

Now Doom will just have to be a part of the "Marvel villains united" club, or a villian for the avengers.

This is just a very loose speculative rumor you guys. If Marvel wanted Fantastic four back, they would do this way before fox started making this movie.

Still don't think the Tumbler will be revealed at SDCC, as Arkham Asylum wasn't revealed there (besides the minifigures) and was revealed two months later at another event.

It will be the Tumbler no doubt, they wouldn't use the word 'exclusive' if it was a regular set. Combined with the set info in Brickset's Database, this set has been rumored for a long time, it was also seen in a LEGO Designer work area in a TLM 'making of video'.

I think it will be amazing as LEGO and DC feel the Tumbler is the most iconic Batmobile and deserved the UCS treatment for Batman's 75th anniversary. :thumbup:

It would be nice to get 4 or more new and exclusive figs with it.

I suppose the confirmation of the Tumbler means we will probably have to wait even longer for a Marvel exclusive.... Right?

I think Marvel might finally see Fox's X-Men and eventual Fantastic Four movies as a threat, but now it feels like Marvel is only using their comics to promote the movies which is frankly a little insulting. It really seems as though Marvel is in the movie business and makes comic book advertisements. I mean, we have seen a number of times in the past where continuity has changed to suit upcoming movies. The first one I think of is when they gave Spider-Man natural web-shooters to match up with Sam Raimi movies.

Disney has made some really good Marvel movies but they need to realize that their movies are going to make money no matter what Fox does with the properties it owns... The whole thing is just childish, Marvel should use Fox's movies to cash in on toy, and comic sales as well as TV ratings.

There is also talk about minimizing the X-Men's role in the 616. Unlike the Fantastic Four, the titles would still continue but they will not be cross promoted in other titles.

'Bout time! Wolverine, the ultimate loner, is now on every super team. Also, X-Men continuity is so diluted and convoluted it's tragic.

Question: is Marvel miffed at Fox because they are casting an African-American male as Johnny Storm?

Annnnnnnnnd...back to Lego. Sad to see the exclusive spent on Batman, and it's another Tumbler to boot.

On the bright side, I scored the new GOTG sets, and I'm pretty impressed with The Milano build! Drax makes one helluva minifig. The minifig skulls tattoo is a very nice touch.

The reason marvel is miffed is because Fox put quicksilver in DoFP, a character they did not own the rights to...

The reason marvel is miffed is because Fox put quicksilver in DoFP, a character they did not own the rights to...

They do have half rights, what they are probably miffed about is how well liked their version of Quicksilver is.

The last thing we need is yet another Batman set (exclusive or otherwise). Why doesn't LEGO do a Marvel exclusive? Its not like there aren't plenty of options (X-Mansion, Avengers HQ of some sort)

I agree, Marvel is due for a large exclusive set. Perhaps now that the X-Mansion had reached 10,000 votes on Ideas it will clue Lego into producing something like that.

'Bout time! Wolverine, the ultimate loner, is now on every super team. Also, X-Men continuity is so diluted and convoluted it's tragic.

Question: is Marvel miffed at Fox because they are casting an African-American male as Johnny Storm?

Annnnnnnnnd...back to Lego. Sad to see the exclusive spent on Batman, and it's another Tumbler to boot.

On the bright side, I scored the new GOTG sets, and I'm pretty impressed with The Milano build! Drax makes one helluva minifig. The minifig skulls tattoo is a very nice touch.

They're probably mad because they made the F4 really young and this reboot looks like it'll be even worse than the first two...Marvel would probably love to get their hands back on the F4.

Marvel has about 20 exclusives just waiting to happen, and that's just off the top of my head.

Asgard/Rainbow bridge, Sanctum sanctorum, Modular DBC, X mansion, Hellicarrier, Daredevil apartment, Ff Hq, Avengers/Stark tower...

Just incase people don't know Dr Strange's Sanctum is on lego ideas by the same people that made the x-mansion! Sure it might not get made but its a start!! I'm hurt that DC get another exclusive but sure I'm glad for those that want it!

Edited by Swifty118247

I think Brick Fanatics said on Facebook that the exclusive would be the Batwing...

I agree, Marvel is due for a large exclusive set.

Well, Marvel's got 9 regular retail sets this year whereas DC only has 4 (the Duplo ones don't count), so I guess the Tumbler evens it out a bit :wink:

I know. If this Tumbler happens this will be DC's second whereas Marvel has zero. I can understand that we've got nine Marvel sets this year, but I can't help feeling a bit disappointed that Marvel's missing quite a large section of the market, and us Marvel Lego fans are too as a result. Maybe Marvel's waiting till next year with Avengers 2?

I know. If this Tumbler happens this will be DC's second whereas Marvel has zero. I can understand that we've got nine Marvel sets this year, but I can't help feeling a bit disappointed that Marvel's missing quite a large section of the market, and us Marvel Lego fans are too as a result. Maybe Marvel's waiting till next year with Avengers 2?

We may get a D2C in the winter for Marvel.