just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I know the sets were old, but toy licenses from a movie series could run for several years. That's why I don't think Lego will have the Amazing Spiderman movie variants of the characters.

I think we'll see a set based on ASM2 because of just2good's earlier comment about the retailer's catalog. It says, and I quote:

"Support of part of Marvel / Sony on the occasion of the distribution of Spiderman 2 in theaters" and "Film in theaters May 2014!"

So far just2good has been spot-on about these sort of things and I just hope that it proves fruitful...

Those are old MB sets from the first ASM movie. Megabloks has publicly said quite clearly very recently that they do not currently hold ANY super hero based licenses.

I think we'll see a set based on ASM2 because of just2good's earlier comment about the retailer's catalog. It says, and I quote:

"Support of part of Marvel / Sony on the occasion of the distribution of Spiderman 2 in theaters" and "Film in theaters May 2014!"

So far just2good has been spot-on about these sort of things and I just hope that it proves fruitful...

Thank you! :purrr:

I don't know if we'll see an ASM set, though. Even though it did say that, I'm thinking they just meant that these will coincide with the release of the film, not be based on it. :sad:

After seeing the new figures, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Hydra goon, but I can definitely get behind Red Skull.

So, these three new figs have designs from AA, correct? I like them, and if so, then they are quite close to their movie versions from the first Captain America movie.

You're not far off, TheBrickDr. He's doing the whole dark and broody creature-of-the-night thing and a bunch of his baddies have been changed up to be nearly ripoffs of Batsy's rogues. Count Vertigo's a drug-dealing Joker (But I love him anyway), Brother Blood is a LOT like Scarecrow from Batman Begins, right down to the mask, and he's essentially making Venom a la Bane. It's still a pretty great series, one that would be pretty good for sets and minifigs of characters we're not likely to see for awhile (My hopes are on Deadshot and Black Canary), although his costume is slowly but surely turning into the one from the SDCC exclusive Green Arrow. It would at least be cool to get an unofficial tie-in like the Beware the Batman figure in the Flash set.

I don't know if we'll see an ASM set, though. Even though it did say that, I'm thinking they just meant that these will coincide with the release of the film, not be based on it. :sad:

That is what I am thinking too, but there is a good chance that variant Spider-man could be his ASM costume.

i really like this set and cant wait to get it for my son. Also, i know a lot of people on this forum constantly complain about the brickshow. Please, if they annoy you than watch with no sound. there's no reason to see multiple post about how much people don't like them every time someone posts one of their videos.

Also, i know a lot of people on this forum constantly complain about the brickshow. Please, if they annoy you than watch with no sound. there's no reason to see multiple post about how much people don't like them every time someone posts one of their videos.

Well, an alternative is not posting the videos if there's so many complaints about them.

---

The picture of the figures from this line is nice however. They all look good (Although I'd rather have other characters, but that's a different problem). All the Batmen look good, especially the scuba-suit one, with it's cool blue colors. I wish they used the alternative side of his head though, so we could better see it. Flash looks great in this picture as well, though like I always say (And will) he lacks his all important boots.

This is a screen capture from that review I found on Flickr.

<snip>

I can't wait until these sets start showing up. I really want Batgirl and Flash. :wub:

Ooh, Scuba Bats looks really nice!

Edited by commodore_legolas

That is what I am thinking too, but there is a good chance that variant Spider-man could be his ASM costume.

Isn't the new Spidey suit pretty much the same as the comic book version?

Those new DC figs look really good, much better than they did on the boxes. Damian's alternate face looks great, much more Damian than the other one, and Scuba Batman's actually looking pretty cool. Probably one of the better Batman variants, along with the Beware the Batman suit. I'll probably wind up giving that Batman black hands, just to make him look a bit more like the comic book version.

Your welcome! That's been my growing suspicion but I'm just holding on to all hope that we'll get some ASM2 sets :grin:

I am digging all of the new Marvel minifigs for 2014. If there were another Spidey suit, which would you want to see?

Me, I think an Iron Spidey would be very fun.

The DC minifigures look quite nice, especially scuba Batman and Batgirl. I'm dieing to see the alternative face for scuba Batman. :P

Those are some great looking DC figures. I will definitely get them all. But naturally they include Batgirl in the most expensive set since I need two of her. But the rest are looking great. And I am actually quite happy with Flash.

Looks good, except that theyre using the Ultimate look for Electro instead of the classic suit. Would've been nice to have had a lightning bolt mask. Nice to see theirs a Modok figure coming out.

That smallest set exists solely for the electro minifig, and I'm ok with that :tongue:

Cap and Spidey-Copter are definitely the best of the bunch. Nice to see a new Doc Ock, but otherwise that set is very meh- might be the second reincarnation of Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape.

The Hulk Lab Smash set (which is a serious contender for the coveted 'Most Ridiculous Set Name' award) is pretty awful. The minifigs are great- although I don't know how I feel about Modok yet- but the build... Wow :sick: I could have made that out of my spare parts! It just seems so uninspired...

Finally a diverse wave of Marvel sets :thumbup:

edit: I don't see how that small net is going to catch the goblin though...

Edited by sologuy369

NO! I hate Ultimate Electro! RAAAA! :wall:

And no new Spiderman. I was really hoping these Marvel sets would be great to make up for the lackluster DC ones...foolish, foolish me.

The Hulk set looks like a great way to get Hulk and Thor. Too bad it will probably have the same ridiculous markup as the previous Hulk set (which was $50 in the US but $100 in Australia)

Thanks for sharing. :thumbup::classic:

My thoughts:

• 76014: I don't care for the spider-trike, but Ultimate Electro actually looks cool. I think I'll get this for him and all of those lightning pieces. I still have none. :sweet:
  • 76015: Sadly, this is probably the best set (build wise) but it's something that could be featured in the City line. Classic Ock is cool, but I might skip this. It's too costly, and doesn't offer much new. Replacing the guard with a more interesting character would be a good start....
  • 76016: I still don't like that Goblin fig or the copter, but I might get this anyway for Power Man and MJ if I can find it at a decent price. $50 is just too much...I'm hoping it's no more than $40. :hmpf_bad:
  • 76017: This is my least favorite. I'd like to get Cap, but that tank. :sick: I don't care about Red Skull much either. I might get this, but I doubt it. I'll probably just wait for Avengers 2 sets for Cap.
  • 76018: Seems pretty lackluster. Kind of like the Helicarrier set but with a few better (or maybe more diverse would be more correct) minifigures, more colors, and a worse design. I'm not going to say I won't get it, but I'm not sold on that Thor or MODOK (but I've never actually liked MODOK, so...).

So, I guess that I'm mostly unsure about this wave. It has some cool stuff, and nothing quite as bad as the flying Bat-claw, but the wave overall just doesn't feel much better. At least Marvel is trying harder with minifigure variety, I suppose. :sceptic:

I hope that the X-Men stuff and a later DC wave (I'm assuming that we'll get GL this year until I'm wrong :grin: ) show some improvement.

So, uh, Electro looks like the ASM2 version... Uh, what?

I think that it is based his appearance in the USM cartoon. It is pretty similar.

Edited by Superficial Username