Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

Silver City Mafia: Day 2 - Day of the Outlaw

Esther, you've already as good as claimed. This just seems like you are posting for the hell of it. As well as that, not participating in your stupid little votes doesn't make you scum.

If you're town, I'm not in favour of you claiming here.

If you're scum, go ahead and claim.

Wait, if we had a vig why didn't they kill Sheridan. Doesn't a miller get revealed as a miller if night-killed ?

"Aye" so I can weigh up the possibility of you actually being that power role and stop myself from voting you.

Or rather maybe PM me

I'm going to say yes, since you have claimed already.

Wait, if we had a vig why didn't they kill Sheridan. Doesn't a miller get revealed as a miller if night-killed ?

Are you serious?

In all seriousness, I'm willing to vote for Esther today. I'm willing to assume we have a Vig and that he was likely blocked or that his/her target was protected. Any logical vig would target Esther as she received the next highest amount of votes. It's because of this that it's my belief that she was protected, which isn't exactly comforting.

Either that or the Vig was blocked and we're screwed. Either or, but it's still a lead.

That reasoning does not make any sense. Read it again. The vig kills whoever they want. If the vig was against lynching Esther, why would they kill her?

I'm going to say yes, since you have claimed already.

What I meant was, you have claimed and now confirmed to have a role already, meaning if you are indeed town as I think, you are a target for the scum, so you might as well bring it forth, possibly call you out if you are lying, and all that. What I will ask for you in return of asking for everyone's opinion on this, is that you go with whatever the town decides relatively soon. It's beneficial to the scum if you just keep putting it off, and in the end decide not to reveal.

I also noticed something interesting. Tony and Kenneth were there when Sheridan posted ^ *snip*

If I remember correctly, I saw Kenneth not at the time of posting, but earlier, and he didn't post and vote then. Just to be clear.

Esther, since you've basically already claimed, I'd say yes, finish it. You're a massive target for the scum and I don't expect you to survive much longer after claiming yesterday, so it'd be better to know everything you know before you go. I'd rather you HADN'T claimed (though I do recognize that's probably the only reason you weren't lynched yesterday, you were kinda between the proverbial rock and hard place)

So I guess, aye, claim it and tell us what you did last night.

At this point the scum can't vote anyone off on their own - they have to get town on their side. So knowing more about you will help us know what we should be doing about you.

The scum either need town to vote with them, or they need the town divided. Right now you (esther) have high potential to get the town to do either, which if you're town, is good for the scum.

This is what I have decided to do, let's take this to a vote:

Those who are IN FAVOUR of me claiming say 'AYE' and your reason(s) why.

Those who are NOT IN FAVOUR of me claiming say 'NAY' and your reason(s) why.

I want everyone to participate in this. I want this to be a Town decision. If you are Scum, you can reveal yourself by not participating in this.

These kind of games are totally stupied and especially when you as good as clamied already yesterday, so we all know about it.And that you decided that everyone that doesn´t take part in your games have to be scum, it is not so. But now when people of this village whent along with this (because it doesn´t matter anymore because you did it yesterday already) I will also say "AYE"

get it out and lets move on from there then.

About last nights murder, it is too early to say it was a scum kill, because it was done in the same way as the first murder, we will see (hopefuly not) the nights to come if there is a pattern to it.

Here are my thoughts,

Final Vote Count

Caleb Norman (Captain Nemo) - 10 (Scubacarrot, Mencot, jamesn, Peanuts, Adam, LegoDad, Purpearljellyblob, Esurient, TinyPiesRUs, mostlytechnic)

Esther Thompson (Esurient) - 7 (Kadabra, CallMePie, Trumpetking, Darkdragon, TheBoyWonder, Captain Nemo, Clanure)

Michael Thompson (Mencot) - 4 (Capt. Redblade, Bob, Dannylonglegs, Kristel)

Sheridan Thompson (Scubacarrot) - 1 (Zakura)

Beatrice Kingsley (Bob) - 1 (PirateDave84)

No vote - 1 (KielDaMan)

I believe it was 8 votes Esther and 7 votes Caleb before Esther tied up the votes. In that case, Esther would still be lynched. So Esther's vote on Caleb is most likely saving her butt.

I also noticed something interesting. Tony and Kenneth were there when Sheridan posted ^. Esther voted 17 minutes after Sheridan's call. And Tony voted 5 minutes after Esther. I am not there when these votes were casted so I am not sure how long Tony and Kenneth had been around. But it seemed to me as if Tony had made a very quick strategic vote to save Esther. Assuming Kenneth were to cast a vote after on Caleb to force a tie, Caleb would still be lynched. Molly subsequently switched her vote for Caleb to make it 10-7. The fact that Esther is still around on Day 2 made it seem that there is a plot to keep Esther around. Could easily be a scum motive because she is scum or that the scum wants to keep her around or a town motive to save a potential PR. I am interested to see what Tony and Esther has to say and what they will do today.

I think it is too early to say much from those voting patterns, big spread. I don´t understand why this one guy (KielDaMan) didn´t vote, Okay (not ok-ey) he said he didn´t know who to vote for because he didn´t have a big read. There where definetly many other (me, also) who din´t have a big read on scum, but did vote after all.

Okay (not ok-ey) the voting went wrong on Caleb and we lost an loyal, that was bad but I think if we had gone the other way and voted on esther we would also had lynched a townie. Lets do better today.

I want everyone to participate in this. I want this to be a Town decision. If you are Scum, you can reveal yourself by not participating in this.

Go for it.

You understand that you have claimed twice now right? How is your actually telling us your role going to be a benefit to us?

If you're town, I'm not in favour of you claiming here.

If you're scum, go ahead and claim.

My thoughts exactly; if you're town, don't claim. Do it in PM to a person whom you trust. I you're scum, please claim publicly.

My thoughts exactly; if you're town, don't claim. Do it in PM to a person whom you trust. I you're scum, please claim publicly.

My only problem with this - how can she trust anyone yet? So IMHO, the question is between doing nothing (claim in PM to someone WHEN she can trust someone) vs claiming a specific role and what she did/learned/tried to do/didn't do last night. My fear is she'll get killed, probably sooner than later, and then we won't know what role we lost (granted, the scum wouldn't know either which is a good thing) or what she did last night.

Perhaps wait a while? It is very early on day 2, so it's do we wanna discuss/debate all day based on yesterday or discuss/debate with new info? Knowing that the new info would be info for the scums as well...

Well, I'm really not a fan of making vital information publicly known, but since you already started claiming, I'd say go for it. So I'd give an AYE unless you think the scum would benefit way more than the town from making your role public.

My thoughts can be summed up as this: Did you learn anything that can be useful to a Lynch today? If the answer is no, Do Not Claim Publicly. Any information the scum gets can and will be used against us.

Since everyone knows you have a power role, I say 'AYE' because you might as well finish off the job. Of course, if you think it's more bad for scum to know than it is good for town to know, claim in PM to someone you can trust (if you have someone to trust yet).

Guys, since she literally already claimed a PR, it doesn't matter which one, the scum have all the info they need already - that is, she's a target. NOT revealing the rest of her role would be like kicking the town in the balls right now, because she's given scum everything they need without giving Town any useful information. If she doesn't reveal her role and is town, then the scum can pick her off without us getting any useful information from her whatsoever and we won't know what PRs are available to us because she could have been any of them. If she doesn't reveal and is scum, then she gets a lynch pass and probably free doc protection while we can't judge that she's lying because there are no counterclaims. So AYE.

"Aye" so I can weigh up the possibility of you actually being that power role and stop myself from voting you.

Or rather maybe PM me

I already had you penciled in for a Coyote, this post about seals it for me.

This is getting ridiculous. As others have pointed out, you have done nothing but hinder the town and help the scum with your games. Surely there is someone that can be trusted in pm, but that doesn't do us a ton of good because that person has no way to validate the claim. So because of this, I say AYE, tell us the role. You are a target already, you might as well let us know your role so that it can be confirmed. If you're scum the real PR will out you, if you're town, there shouldn't be a counter-claim. If you come up with some ancillary PR, I'm voting for you because I won't believe you. If you haven't come forward by the time voting opens, you are getting my vote immediately.

This seems like a big leap of faith. Can you explain your reasoning a bit more?

Fair enough. This is simply what struck me first upon learning the events of the day, given that my father was only suspected by Esther (Esurient) and whatnot. Furthermore, I'm not quite as inclined to believe that my father was a scum-kill as most people seem to think simply because people are basing that assumption off of his killer's M.O. and through metagaming (I'm not really in a position to metagame anyone yet). However, I do think that Tony (TinyPiesRUs) raised a good point when he reminded us of my father's vague hints at having information. That I could see as warranting a scum kill.

Esther (Esurient), most everyone else has said it, but I'll say it too. If you are Town, then you've already done what you needed to do by claiming and have painted a target on your back, so go ahead, claim for real.

9165790797_842f3a25b3_o.png

Jessica Nelson sits alone in Drake's velvet armchair, drinking a glass of wine. She's still wearing her black clothing, but she's no longer mourning for the death of her husband (if she ever was), and is now mourning the fact that there's no one left to buy her nice things.

What's worse, she has no source of income, so she and Abigail are technically broke now. Perhaps she could sell some of Drake's prized furniture and knick-knacks for good prices on the antique market...

9168010600_812d13132b_o.png

Except for that bearskin rug, of course. No amount of scrubbing will ever get the bloodstain out of it.

That's quite alright, though. Jessica never liked the old thing; she only put up with it because Drake loved it so. He said it made him look "rugged". She never was able to figure out why he needed to look rugged...

9165790389_cf99d6bc9f_o.png

Suddenly Jessica realizes something. Abigail's good at those numbers and words and other boring things that the teacher woman teaches. Maybe they can move to the city and Abigail can use those weird skills to attract an equally weird husband (because, of course, the weird ones are the ones with money). This is brilliant!

9165790171_b8b14d2e2a_o.png

Unfortunately for Jessica, all her waving around of the wine glass in her moment of "brilliance" caused it to spill all over her mourning dress.

"NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO" she wails, as the red liquid stains her dress.

[quote name=The journal of Cpt. Thomas A. Minnow of the United States Army' timestamp='1372521054'

post='1632659]

Thursday June 24th, 1880

Silver City, AZ

Earlier this morning we heard a bloodcurdling scream coming from the mayor's house. At first we were afraid that Mrs. Nelson had been killed, but when we arrived, we realized that it was but a stain on her dress. In all honesty, it would have been better if she had been killed. At least then I wouldn't have to listen to her weep over that tacky dress.

Voting is now open. Once again, voting is not optional.

Vote Count

Kenneth Emanuel (KielDaMan) - 4 (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty)

48 hours until Sunset.

Edited by Tamamono

It was terrifying dropping that wine, let me tell you! At least Abigail and I inherit enough money from Drake to buy a new bottle!

Vote: Zachary (zakura) Everything you say just seems off. You are the most suspicious person around at the moment.

I'm leaning towards a NAY, but it's really dependent on what role you have. At the moment, you could be anything from an investigator to a paranoid gun owner, so the scum don't really know whether or not it's worth using their actions on you. If you reveal that you have an important role, the scum will make sure you're never able to use it again. However, if you have a fairly minor role, go ahead and reveal it, as it will help to confirm your allegiance as well as future roleclaims.

Kenneth's decision to incur voting penalties rather than vote does seem odd to me. I can't help but feel it may be an attempt to look like a townie who has nothing to hide and who is unafraid of being voted for. It may be a little too ballsy a move for a Coyote to make, but it still doesn't make sense to me why he wouldn't just pick someone, anyone, to vote for.

My reads so far, and why (on a couple people at least)

Zachary - suspicious, for the same reasons as others. Asking Esther to pm you, etc.

Esther - just barely slightly town. Will swing based on the rest of the day (claims made, etc)

Liz - leaning town, based the quality of posts.

Kenneth - leaning town, because a scum wouldn't have gotten penalty votes like that. Or I could WIFOM and say that's how a scum would think we'll think... hm... and this early, should be easy to avoid getting lynched even with penalties. So it could be that Kenneth is a powerful scum role trying to get cred with the town....

Kenneth's decision to incur voting penalties rather than vote does seem odd to me. I can't help but feel it may be an attempt to look like a townie who has nothing to hide and who is unafraid of being voted for. It may be a little too ballsy a move for a Coyote to make, but it still doesn't make sense to me why he wouldn't just pick someone, anyone, to vote for.

Ha, I was weighing that in my post above while you posted this. Great minds think alike and all that I guess...

Wait, have we come across the thought that the Coyotes don't want to kill Esther knowing tha there is a high possibility that she'll be lynched today ?

Or rather maybe PM me

Why would you want to kill a potential miller? If she is a miller she is a confirmed townie, someone who we are trying to protect. Then the line about PMing you sounds extremely suspicious and scummy, and as if you are prying for information.

Vote: Zachary (Zakura)

I will change my mind if you provide a good enough defence.

My thoughts can be summed up as this: Did you learn anything that can be useful to a Lynch today? If the answer is no, Do Not Claim Publicly. Any information the scum gets can and will be used against us.

I think that fact that we all know(or assume) she has a role and hasn't come forth with any information whether privately or publicly speak volumes.

Vote: Esther Thompson (Esurient)

I will change my vote to Zachary if you can come up with some information that shows you are town. Otherwise, I think you're just messing with us.

Big topics today seems to be Esthers claim

Kenneths strange voting behaviour (or that, that there was non)

And Zachary´s comments regarding Sheridan.

Not gonna go in much yet on these nor whom I will vote for because it is still open, but I still don´t understand Kenneths choice not to vote (that is not what a town nor a scum would do) why why, Please Kenneth give us an better explanation than that you didn´t find anyone to vote for?

Esther, I'm going to say yes. A lot of us are already suspicious of you, and we need you to claim so we can see if you're telling the truth or lying. The more you try to avoid claiming the more sure I am that you're scum or independent.

Vote: Esther Thompson (Esurient)

I already think you're scummy, and it seems like you're just trying to hold off claiming so we don't know you're scum.